My ideas and trading diary

goldenedge

Trade 2 closed at 12 pip profit of 4897 but even though money it is a professional loss because I had to increase stop loss to 15 pips so that my pattern won't fail .

In short, I expected to earn 12 pips but was ready to lose 15 pips. It's a bad risk reward ratio which i forgot to overlook.

Total trade profit of 1200.

goldenedge

Trade 3 ) Zinc position

Short at 197.75

Expected profit mark - 197.25 SL - 198.4

goldenedge

I expected zinc to break the really tight range it is in right now half an hour ago but it is still dancing .

It raises an alarm and I'm assuming I might get whipsawed.

goldenedge

Got out of zinc at .55 so I made approx 750 net on this trade. Total profit today is 2300 (net might be around 1900)

It's nothing but I lost patience and interest in this trade. It's messing with my head.

One advice I wanna give to everyone is if you are a trader , the balance of your mind before and after the trade is 100% more important than profits or losses. Money comes and goes but having the ability and mastering yourself to be successful trader is the only thing that's important.

I only care about placing a successful trade more than making money because it's the only thing that matters in the long run. Markets will reward you with a lot of money if you have the ability. So, don't think the reverse.

I have been making this mistake too much. I'll spend the rest of the day working on my mindset even though I made like 5000 in 2 days. I feel bad with myself because I still have a couple of things to improve on.

goldenedge

Trade 4) Zinc short term counter trend trade

Zinc short at 195.90 . Betting on a short term reversal to 195.5

goldenedge

My target hit and I'm out at 195.45 . Made some casual 2250 gross.

Will look for other trades but technically my profit limit for the day has been reached so I will read a book for some time.

goldenedge

Trade 5) 2x crude oil at 4946. It was opened at around 1 pm. Sl is 4958.

Waiting for 12-15 pip profit but I'm expecting higher because the crude looks to be dancing today. (Noticed that 5 mins candle an hour earlier with a 15 rupee range?)

Sorry I forgot to update the trade earlier

goldenedge

I have broken a couple of trading rules with this single trade

1) trading from mobile (please don't do it)
2) making a 'long term' position even though I stay max two hours in a trade on average.
3) didn't take profits when it hit 12 rupee mark and still waiting for 25 pip profit.

I don't wanna blame myself for making these mistakes. Surely, no matter what though my loss and exit strategies are perfectly fixed.

I just want to mention this because making money when breaking rules is never a good thing and I made a promise to myself to post everything that went through my mind honestly while starting the journal here.

goldenedge

Trade is closed at full loss by triggering SL.

Even though the loss of 2600 approx net is a normal 1% loss, this trade is an embarrassment to me because I broke a lot of rules.

I'll close my trading day and enjoy other things in life , like a beer or two to relax. In my books, even if I take a 5000 loss per day it's fine as long as I follow all my rules correctly but it's NEVER okay to break my rules. This gets me emotionally disturbed.

In trading, making good trades come first. Money will eventually follow . Why the hell did I take a long term trade when I never take a long term trade to begin with? Sometimes even traders like me need a wake up call to fix their mindset.

Seriously I should also pat myself on the back for not moving any stop loss or breaking any of my exit rules.