My Crude Oil positional trades.

imfine

I got stopped out last week from the same trade, you let the trade move 90 points against you and still held on. Do you have any fixed stops or you go with your instincts after analysing the bigger picture?
No instinct just a strict follow of system. My system has no SL just reverse on crossover to book profit or loss. As there was no cross over hence still in trade after this downturn.

VJAY

No instinct just a strict follow of system. My system has no SL just reverse on crossover to book profit or loss. As there was no cross over hence still in trade after this downturn.
you mean 20/50 cross over?

newtrader101

But is it possible for us to constantly monitor? Check every hour? Or use any alert system like traderscockpit?
Netdania gives free alerts on WTI sma 10/20 cross but please share if you have anything specific for Indian markets.

imfine

But is it possible for us to constantly monitor? Check every hour? Or use any alert system like traderscockpit?
Netdania gives free alerts on WTI sma 10/20 cross but please share if you have anything specific for Indian markets.
In fact I have moved from equity intraday to crude positional because I can not stay on system full day. But glancing once in an hour is easy, takes only few seconds.
I do it manually not using any alert services.

VJAY

Pl. Check earlier posts on this thread.
Dear imfine,
You never disclosed about using rsi &atr sl in this thread which some times in your chart...i think you using it in your trades ...

imfine

Dear imfine,
You never disclosed about using rsi &atr sl in this thread which some times in your chart...i think you using it in your trades ...
I am using SMA. 20 and 50. And RSI 24
Take position on cross over. Buy on cross over when rsi is greater than 50 and vice versa.
ATR SL is if you wish to have SL.
Hope u got the clarity.