My Crude Oil positional trades.

imfine

Could you elaborate on that.
I wanto say that a correction was required. So yesterday got signal to short. The move started with gap down trapping all buyers. If inventory also support selling then surely it will tank couple of 100 points.

Thanks, I am waiting for the Inventory data. Glad to have found your thread, I am figuring things out and trying to design a system like yours. I work full time too and want to swing trade crude. I have spoken to many traders who trade NYMEX Crude, they are all day traders.

imfine

Thanks, I am waiting for the Inventory data. Glad to have found your thread, I am figuring things out and trying to design a system like yours. I work full time too and want to swing trade crude. I have spoken to many traders who trade NYMEX Crude, they are all day traders.
I myself have shifted from equity intraday to commodity positional as I can't stay on screen always and I found this as more relaxing and as per my attitude.

But is it possible for us to constantly monitor? Check every hour? Or use any alert system like traderscockpit?
Netdania gives free alerts on WTI sma 10/20 cross but please share if you have anything specific for Indian markets.
Try Market Pulse android app for alerts, using it from past one month. But some alerts are missing for MA crossover strategies on lower timeframes...

Sent from my CPH1859 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Trading positionaly in Crude is becoming dangerous. It is totally operative driven, and there is no proper trend! One day it's up and other day it's down! So, have to be very careful with positional trade on crude!

Trading positionaly in Crude is becoming dangerous. It is totally operative driven, and there is no proper trend! One day it's up and other day it's down! So, have to be very careful with positional trade on crude!
I beg to differ, Crude Futures are Volatile. As they are sensitive to events in the Middle East, Opec etc. But to say they are operative driven like stocks would be wrong. MCX Crude is a reflection of NYMEX Crude, to corner such a large market would require a Big Bank balance and equally Big B@!!s.