My algo trading daily performance

The only auto solution on which i can comment is the one which i am using personally. I use Symphonys Presto for autotrading.

Cost involved: 25k annual fees and datafeed charges as applicable to you.
Cant comment on other services as I have not used them.

Problems: There is only one problem in autotrading and that is impact cost and noone can be spared from that.:eek:

Other problem like connection issues can be dealt.

Hope it helps
Thanks,
MT
I am planning to use Presto OMS (Order Management System) API. Are they completely automated or is any human intervention is required?

Have you faced any downtime, connection or any issues with them?

Also, if I place an order using API, and I want to make modifications to the order manually from Terminal. Is it possible to do so?

augubhai

Reality is i am under a DD still. So, what was the fault? Going full model (no, i had reasons for that). Going half positons (no, i had reasons for that too). I have thought about it alot and found that my scaling up criteria was flawed on many levels. I should have scaled up like add 5 more add 5 more...I should not have doubled my portfolio overnight.

This was an important learning.
I find this part your comment disappointing. Every trader has a reason for his trade. If reasons are reasons for a trader to be successful, then the majority of traders would have been successful.

For an algo trader, thinking is not a good enough reason. The computer does not think. The execution logic does not think. Just saying...

Hi all,

Now looking back:

1) If i had traded the half position model throughout i would have been in profit.
2) If i had traded the full position model throughout from march start, i would have been in profit.

Reality is i am under a DD still. So, what was the fault? Going full model (no, i had reasons for that). Going half positons (no, i had reasons for that too). I have thought about it alot and found that my scaling up criteria was flawed on many levels. I should have scaled up like add 5 more add 5 more...I should not have doubled my portfolio overnight.

This was an important learning.

MT

Hi,

I did the same mistake too. I have been following a strategy which has been giving me good profits. I do it manually, not ago wise.

Once I got confidence, I doubled my position. That and the next two trades were a loss. Then once again profits started. Thankfully, I recovered and am in a small profit.

The loss made on doubling the position is double the normal loss. It takes quite some time to recover. NEVER double position. Increase it in increments of 10%, say.

My experiences.

Thanks

Though i do not algo trade, my thumb rule for adds is always one, to add to ones position only if the logical sl is also tightening after the add. The endeavour is to scale down risk. not to increase it. Meaning if in the initial position, risk is say Rs.10(SL) then once when you add your logical SL should be only around Rs.5. If it is more than that then either do not add or add half or quarter of the position. That said it does not mean that you tinker your SL and make it arbitary.

I want to know can I trade nifty stocks in MT4 software . I want to know can we believe In auto trading of MT4 trading strategy.
Please let me know

Raj232

suppose there are no indicators in a strategy , and its solely on price action and not any optimization is done , then ?
Apart from brokerage, commission, slippage, etc what other boarders mentioned, execution also plays an important part:
e.g. whether your order is being placed at limit price or market price - most of the time limit price orders dont go through when the market is going up, and most go in loss.
At market price, the bid-ask price difference is quite high e.g. Rs 5 in case of BankNifty

.. over a period of time all these add to losses or reduce profits.

In case of backtest, the trades happen at a best price, in reality this is not the case .. :)