My algo trading daily performance

Raj232

Thanks everybody for the info posted. I opened an account with Zerodha where they said everything can be automated. Now after 6 months I see "NOTHING" can be automated. The best is that they can display generated alerts in a window.
Algo and Automated trading is NOT allowed with Zerodha brokerage unless you have subscribed for a "DEALER TERMINAL".

NJ23

You right about SuperTrend and all but the second last paragraphs.

HFTs are big in India too. There's a high barrier for entry, so a few with deep (mile deep) pockets can enter. Self learning algos and all can be used as well, I mean even by retailers. You gotta learn and put the effort to implement them like you said.

You are 100% correct !! :)
HFT business would require speed and enormous computing power to take advantage of market opportunities in high frequency. Broadband Internet connections cannot be used to achieve that high speed.

One article by Morgan Stanley recently: Morgan Stanley Analyst Says Robo Advisers Are One of the Major Threats to the Industry
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-are-one-of-the-major-threats-to-the-industry

Basically what retail traders can do is scalp on different time frames, opportunities arise on 1 min, 5 min, 15 min hourly, daily charts using standard indicators, however the same indicator cannot be used for all time frames and all markets ... which is the usual cause of failure of algo trading.

Looks like Murugan Stanley needs manual traders who trade based on gut feel and emotions ... Robo is surely eating into their profits !!!
.. my 2 cents.
The speed in HFT dosent (mostly)depends upon our terminal internet speed but on the colocation of servers. If our server is located nearer to the exchange then we can take the advantage of the speed in milliseconds else it would be hard. Most of the HFT traders have their strategy and servers located near to the exchage itself.

HI MT

I have gone thru ur threads.. Its really impressive:clapping::clapping: seeing u reply for each n every qn..

Here is one from me for u..

I am a new trader.. I am using very few tech indicators to learn n build my own stratergy. Could u Plz give me suggestions like which tech indicators u have used to build ur strategy..??

princy01

can anyone make me understand how can a profit giving strategy in back-testing turn into loss giving in real time algo trading ??

provided that the strategy still worked in real time when traded ?? if we are not optimizing at all