moving stop loss-ICICIdirect

That's not allowed with any broker I guess
Hi Gsalvadi,

Can you tell me ..... in case of what Nava is saying...... if he sets up a SLTP price and a limit price on his sell order........ if the price SLTP price is not hit in that day ( or subsequent days.....) the order is not in queue.... do i have to place the same order on the next day??? i thot if the sltp is not hit then order doesnt become active......and will become active whenever it is hit.....in 2 3 or after many days......
based on u r experience please let nava and me and the others know if this is not the case ......

thanks for all u r time...... and wise words........ cant thank u enuf.......

i am n engg.......and am hopin to make this my full time profession in abt 2 yrs time....... ( am doin in part time untill the time i am confident abt all the thins i am doin :))

Regards,
Rishi

All orders are for that particular day only. If the order is not executed the same day, it lapses.

So, if you have bought a particular share and you have a stop loss level in mind, you have to place a limit sell order every day till the stop loss is hit.

This is true, not just for ICICIDirect, but for all brokers.

All orders are for that particular day only. If the order is not executed the same day, it lapses.

So, if you have bought a particular share and you have a stop loss level in mind, you have to place a limit sell order every day till the stop loss is hit.

Thanks flash kid,

Can some one else second this opinion??? No disrespect to flashkid, wud just like a back up.

Thanks to all who have replied, I think i now completely understand the stop loss system, theoretically and practically!!!!

Regards,
Rishi

NOMINDTR

Yes. It is not allowed by regulatory frame work.

Nava

Hi,

I read in some of the posts about GTC orders (Good Till Cancelled). It will be remain there upto 30-90 days till we cancell that orders.

Is this facility really avaible in any brokers..?

Regards,
Nava

Hi All,
First of all thanks a lot for answering my querry about moving stop-loss. Due to your answers, all trades of mine now have a stop-loss..... it allowed me to make good profits when the market rose on monday 19th May. I moved my stop loss to profit making positions and when the bull run waned, stoploss were hit and i made profits. I think i got the first real 'professional trader' experience who never misses out on a profit makin position.

I have one more querry regarding stop-loss. I have recently noticed that ICICIdirect wont let me put a stop loss for a cash transation unless the shares are in my demat account. It takes about 3 to 4 working days for this to happen. Does it mean that for the first 4 days after I buy shares, they are unprotected as I cannot place a stop loss order???

Thanks and regards,
Rishi

HI

I found that you are very expert in stock market.
I am very new, and I will request you to guide me some technical terms like,

Delivery Brokerage
thanks
rahul

Nava

Hi All,
I have one more querry regarding stop-loss. I have recently noticed that ICICIdirect wont let me put a stop loss for a cash transation unless the shares are in my demat account. It takes about 3 to 4 working days for this to happen. Does it mean that for the first 4 days after I buy shares, they are unprotected as I cannot place a stop loss order???

Thanks and regards,
Rishi
Hi Rishi,
Till the shares credited in your account you can place BTST stoploss sell orders to protect them. But BTST is available for specific stocks only.

Regards,
Nava,