Mistakes I made in the Flow Method

orderflow13

Saint talks about impending reversal. I am not clear about which bar high+room we should take and reverse. This is my problem. A few more similar occurances and with your guidance slowly I will catch on.
vps
if we ask one qs. what is the difference between 4 bar rule and negating bar rule and compare saint sirs related post we will get the answer.First dont look in to rule book, try to figure out ur self then look in to relative rules.Idea will be much more clearer.One reason for confusion about this reversal thing is its totally depend on ur visual thing and its complete art, n agree on that part on practicing more on such occasions we may master as is the case with learning the art.Never a small time affair.

rajendrani

Alex most of us, we all know the rules for mini flow, just to be everyone on same page why cant we start a classroom discussing each and every rules, starting from 1 to last in detail, and clearing the doubts which is in our mind or doubt which takes place when market goes against.

thanks
rajendrani

orderflow13

Alex most of us, we all know the rules for mini flow, just to be everyone on same page why cant we start a classroom discussing each and every rules, starting from 1 to last in detail, and clearing the doubts which is in our mind or doubt which takes place when market goes against.

thanks
rajendrani
somewhere i read losses r ur biggest teacher, while trading when we hit losses then only that rule carve in our mind, after getting badly hit by taking reversal early, i always aware of that possibility,
also imho for understanding saint sir's rule r very easy n simple, we only get confuse bcuz simple things dnt enter in our complex brain easily, and implementation is key, which is very tough n m still learning,
so answer wd be take a trade ( u can also paper trade also good choice ) make a loss n learn about the rule more and for life time :D..remember we hv a life time to trade its long process but sure one.
all is my point of view, others may shade light

dhakkan

Hope you guys dont mind me posting here... Segul..you were saying something about MP.. I will love to know more.

For those who use Amibroker, I have written this AFL.. which shows the MarketProfile levels where there is more congestion...(Its not MP AFL)...You can use this to identify major support/resistance level.

warning : Use this just as a reference... nothing can replace the visual pivot and congestion zone identification

I call this AFL MudPuddle
========================================================
_SECTION_BEGIN("MudPuddle");
SetBarsRequired(1000,1000);

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Global Variables
weekly = ParamToggle("Weekly","off|On");
zoneCol = ParamColor("Congestion Zone", colorGrey50);
Days = Param("Days",2,1,300,1);
style = ParamStyle("Style");

NewDay =Day()!= Ref(Day(), 1);
if ( weekly )
{
NewDay =DayOfWeek() > Ref(DayOfWeek(), 1);
Days = 1;

if ( LastValue(DayOfWeek()) < 3 )
{
Days = 7;
}
}
DH =LastValue(HighestSince(NewDay, H, Days));
DL =LastValue(LowestSince(NewDay, L, Days));
Range = DH - DL;

start = LastValue(ValueWhen(NewDay, Cum(1), Days));
end = LastValue(Cum(1)) -1;

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Congestion Zone Calculation and Drawing
profile = C - C;
procedure caclulateCongestionZone()
{
for ( pos = 0; pos < Range; pos ++ )
{
profile[pos] = 0;
Location = DH - pos;
bars = 0;
for ( i = start; i <= end; i ++ )
{
if(H >= Location AND L <= Location)
{
bars ++;
}
}
profile[pos] = bars;
}
}
procedure drawCongestionZone()
{
caclulateCongestionZone();

// main array with the profile
top = LastValue(Highest(profile))/Param("Sensitivity",1.2,1,100,0.05);

for ( pos = 0 ; pos < Range; pos++)
{
if ( profile[pos] >= top)
{
Plot(DH - pos,"",zoneCol,styleNoLabel|style,0,0,3);
}
}
}

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Main program
drawCongestionZone();

_SECTION_END();
==========================================================
Settings (right click and parameters)
Days : default is 2 ... You can increase the number of days but it will Hog the CPU
Sensitivity : it shows the higest congestion zones... default is 1.2 .. increase to get less levels .. decrease to get more levels
Weekly : Instead of using days .. can use weekly ..if its monday or twesday then it will use friday,etc .. in calculation

If it gives error.. reduce number of days...(if in weekly, come back to daily and reduce days)

Enjoy,

segul

Hope you guys dont mind me posting here... Segul..you were saying something about MP.. I will love to know more.

For those who use Amibroker, I have written this AFL.. which shows the MarketProfile levels where there is more congestion...(Its not MP AFL)...You can use this to identify major support/resistance level.

warning : Use this just as a reference... nothing can replace the visual pivot and congestion zone identification

I call this AFL MudPuddle
========================================================
_SECTION_BEGIN("MudPuddle");
SetBarsRequired(1000,1000);

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Global Variables
weekly = ParamToggle("Weekly","off|On");
zoneCol = ParamColor("Congestion Zone", colorGrey50);
Days = Param("Days",2,1,300,1);
style = ParamStyle("Style");

NewDay =Day()!= Ref(Day(), 1);
if ( weekly )
{
NewDay =DayOfWeek() > Ref(DayOfWeek(), 1);
Days = 1;

if ( LastValue(DayOfWeek()) < 3 )
{
Days = 7;
}
}
DH =LastValue(HighestSince(NewDay, H, Days));
DL =LastValue(LowestSince(NewDay, L, Days));
Range = DH - DL;

start = LastValue(ValueWhen(NewDay, Cum(1), Days));
end = LastValue(Cum(1)) -1;

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Congestion Zone Calculation and Drawing
profile = C - C;
procedure caclulateCongestionZone()
{
for ( pos = 0; pos < Range; pos ++ )
{
profile[pos] = 0;
Location = DH - pos;
bars = 0;
for ( i = start; i <= end; i ++ )
{
if(H >= Location AND L <= Location)
{
bars ++;
}
}
profile[pos] = bars;
}
}
procedure drawCongestionZone()
{
caclulateCongestionZone();

// main array with the profile
top = LastValue(Highest(profile))/Param("Sensitivity",1.2,1,100,0.05);

for ( pos = 0 ; pos < Range; pos++)
{
if ( profile[pos] >= top)
{
Plot(DH - pos,"",zoneCol,styleNoLabel|style,0,0,3);
}
}
}

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Main program
drawCongestionZone();

_SECTION_END();
==========================================================
Settings (right click and parameters)
Days : default is 2 ... You can increase the number of days but it will Hog the CPU
Sensitivity : it shows the higest congestion zones... default is 1.2 .. increase to get less levels .. decrease to get more levels
Weekly : Instead of using days .. can use weekly ..if its monday or twesday then it will use friday,etc .. in calculation

If it gives error.. reduce number of days...(if in weekly, come back to daily and reduce days)

Enjoy,

Thanx Pramod,
Really nice of U to share ur code with us.
regards.