Mettle.

Prabhjeet

I dont think that this thread is really gonna prove the mettle of traders, the scales are tilted towards the traders who either day trade or participate in futures trade but people like me who neither indulge in f&o nor like the idea of day trading may not be able to prove their mettle in 1 month because i work on very few buy calls and trades usually last for months or even sometime more than a year.

Moreover its the average annual performance that usually matters in a traders' career and not a monthly performance, the monthly performance of position traders like me fluctuate from month to month but usually at the end of year it pretty well irons out itself.

Even i am ready to participate in the contest but if the horizon is extended to a few months.

And as pointed by one of seniors i didnt like the idea of disclosing my own accounts' shots, there may be Income tax people hiding in some corner

REGARDS

oxusmorouz

Ok guys lots of heat generated in a thread and in lots of other threads too.Games of on upmanship and what not.

Lets have an open ended trading contest.

Rules are simple.
All traders who ascribe/write here and decide to enter this contest,start with 50k INR.

1)You can trade intraday,positional whatever you feel like.Only Indian markets and only equity/derivatives market.No foreign markets,forex,commodities.
2)You can trade futures,options,margin whatever.
3)Contest valid for 1 month,that is p/l account shud be posted by end of month on expiry day.Just like a contract month.
4)No obligation for disclosing trading system.
5)When you place an order to buy/sell and its executed,just put in the screenshot of the order,and the portfolio details(p/l on trade(s)).You can do that EOD,to avoid having to use time here.Just after closing day.
6)No bar on number of trades.

At the end of month the p/l will be evaluated,the one who generates max profit will be declared winner.I as the starter of this thread,will take that honour to declare the name of the trader.

The contest runs for the trader who isnt liquidated,as in the last man standing(just like Deathmatches) and for 3 months.Whichever happens 1st.

Anyone can give some inputs,which i may have missed, to make it fair and square.They are most welcome to give feedback.

Good luck and Godspeed.
The effort is worth it, even if the outcome is damaging. Experience gained none the less. Count me in Amitt.
I should like to add a few points:
1) Rather than contract notes, wouldn't it be a better idea to post "monthly/weekly" brokerage report, since this cannot be manipulated?
2) As Prabjeet pointed out, traders vary in style. Wouldn't it be a better idea to define a benchmark for each style and rate trader performance based on benchmark out performance? (Eg: For a trader who deals with equities, daily time frame, the benchmark can be buy-hold weighted average performance of the stocks selected, or nifty returns)
3) Why restrict this process for only 1 month? Why can't it be continuous?
4) Also, there is an element of probability that such a trade program will be used as a center for tips by some people. Wouldn't it be better if this remained a closed group?
Regards.

I dont think that this thread is really gonna prove the mettle of traders, the scales are tilted towards the traders who either day trade or participate in futures trade but people like me who neither indulge in f&o nor like the idea of day trading may not be able to prove their mettle in 1 month because i work on very few buy calls and trades usually last for months or even sometime more than a year.

Moreover its the average annual performance that usually matters in a traders' career and not a monthly performance, the monthly performance of position traders like me fluctuate from month to month but usually at the end of year it pretty well irons out itself.

Even i am ready to participate in the contest but if the horizon is extended to a few months.

And as pointed by one of seniors i didnt like the idea of disclosing my own accounts' shots, there may be Income tax people hiding in some corner

REGARDS
You dont pay ur taxes???? :)
Naughty boy!

I would suggest Traderji starts a contest with his rules. We can have Mr. trader 2007. All contestants put in Rs 500 and the winner takes away all the money giving away traderji a small commision.

I would suggest Traderji starts a contest with his rules. We can have Mr. trader 2007. All contestants put in Rs 500 and the winner takes away all the money giving away traderji a small commision.
NICE IDEA. bUT NO PRIZE IS REQUIRED. oNLY TROPHY.:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Equities 18