Market Operators - Do they exist ? Who actually runs the show?

Do they exist in your price/volume observation experience and do they manipulate?

• Total voters
You say: proper survilence in market by respective exchange about their positions and trading .

what surveillance r u kidding What happened to satyam Don't you see it black and white?

abhiwhy

You say: proper survilence in market by respective exchange about their positions and trading .

what surveillance r u kidding What happened to satyam Don't you see it black and white?
in satyam case , people were selling in bulk not institutions , as the derivative products are available on this script there is no scope for any circuit filter , also servilence is for done for avoiding big positional buyings and sellings and not for any accounting or financial scam , also the people who were found guilty of insider trading , they are under legal proceedings .
:clapping:

you say : in satyam case , people were selling in bulk not institutions , as the derivative products are available on this script there is no scope for any circuit filter ,

ok who are the suckers who were caught in the wrong positions not insititutions

You say : also servilence is for done for avoiding big positional buyings and sellings and not for any accounting or financial scam ,

that is essentially incomplete surveillance or partial surveillance i would say

You say: also the people who were found guilty of insider trading , they are under legal proceedings .

and you still believe indian legal system. Crazy

"Hi Atul,
If you are interested in tracking the operator's action, you can download the PDF file(23 MB) from my signature. It deals with how to read volume and basic price data to make a judgment about the operator's action, something called as 'Volume Spread Analysis'. "

I have downloaded and read that. Its an amazing piece of writing. Thanx for putting the link. Where can I read more about this?

abhiwhy

you say : in satyam case , people were selling in bulk not institutions , as the derivative products are available on this script there is no scope for any circuit filter ,

ok who are the suckers who were caught in the wrong positions not insititutions

You say : also servilence is for done for avoiding big positional buyings and sellings and not for any accounting or financial scam ,

that is essentially incomplete surveillance or partial surveillance i would say

You say: also the people who were found guilty of insider trading , they are under legal proceedings .

and you still believe indian legal system. Crazy
1) they are the people having insider dopes ,

2) there is proper surveillance in market about big or bulk trades or deals , don't believe make a market order in few hundred crores in at one time in particular script and see how government bodies are knocking ur door same evening . thats why these (so called operators are decentralized networks of traders all over the country and operating market is a group task each time ) .

3)ya i do i have full faith in the democracy and law of my country ,( u also have whatever u say , if there is going to be any robbery in ur house this night u r going to dial 100 only) , people use to complain about it but they never know the reason why our legal system is so weak

reason: it has been clearly stated in our constitution( and is heart of all civil and criminal laws) that let the 100 culprits unpunished but never let any innocent to be punished if if so happens one will lose all faith over the law and order machinery .

bunny

"Hi Atul,
If you are interested in tracking the operator's action, you can download the PDF file(23 MB) from my signature. It deals with how to read volume and basic price data to make a judgment about the operator's action, something called as 'Volume Spread Analysis'. "

I have downloaded and read that. Its an amazing piece of writing. Thanx for putting the link. Where can I read more about this?
Hi Anoop,
Gald you found it useful. Unfortunately, there is not much authoritative work on VSA. Infact, of all the things you read today about VSA, most have it roots in this book. I cannot say if the same method exists by any other name elsewhere, but a google search does not offer much.

Also, my personal experience is that there are very less takers for VSA compared to conventional technical and fundamental analysis. Having said that, bear in mind that practicing VSA is a bit difficult compared to TA/FA. You need lot of practice. Diligent exploration of historical data is needed some times.

From my experience with VSA till date, this one ebook and sincere practice is enough to trade using VSA. In case you want to pursue it, just post in the "Volume Spread Analysis" thread in "Advanced Trading Strategies". I will try my best to solve your queries. There is also one AFL for VSA by Karthik Marar(who started all this VSA thing in this forum), but I would prefer that you first learn it without the AFL, and then use AFL just to complement your skills.

Hi Anoop,
Gald you found it useful. Unfortunately, there is not much authoritative work on VSA. Infact, of all the things you read today about VSA, most have it roots in this book. I cannot say if the same method exists by any other name elsewhere, but a google search does not offer much.

Also, my personal experience is that there are very less takers for VSA compared to conventional technical and fundamental analysis. Having said that, bear in mind that practicing VSA is a bit difficult compared to TA/FA. You need lot of practice. Diligent exploration of historical data is needed some times.

From my experience with VSA till date, this one ebook and sincere practice is enough to trade using VSA. In case you want to pursue it, just post in the "Volume Spread Analysis" thread in "Advanced Trading Strategies". I will try my best to solve your queries. There is also one AFL for VSA by Karthik Marar(who started all this VSA thing in this forum), but I would prefer that you first learn it without the AFL, and then use AFL just to complement your skills.
Thanx so much for the detailed reply and further guidence. Will seek your help appropriately.

rajputz

I am sorry to say Actuary but you have got the definition of Speculator all wrong. A speculator is neither a Investor who would like to Buy at the bottom or Sell at top, nor a Gambler who will put all his money at stake for any individual bet.

Speculation infact has a very well defined premise. A speculator will try to buy a stock as soon as it makes a high rather than waiting for years when stock is at the Top price, he will get the grip of trend and stay with the stock as long it is acting right, yes acting right is what he looks for, once the stock starts showing the signs of exhausting the trend, he will run with his money and no wait to sell at the worst prices

An intelligent speculator will also make sure that he makes small bets so that he can come back again

I dont know why everyone keeps on interchanging the definitions of Gamblers and Speculators. Anyone and Everyone participating in markets needs to read the book of Jesse Livermore. You will see that everytime he lost money he admitted it was because of his human weaknesses rather than markets that made him loose, markets never beat anybody, we beat ourselves
well said....we ruin ourself with wrong decision....we are in market our own decision matters

One of the best Threads that i have read on traderji!!! Nice informative discussion.
To a large extent i agree Market Operators -exists but more than running the show they do control the show but not fully!!!