Manganese Ore IPO

Hi

If the retail portion gets 10 times subscription, then you have 10% chance of getting minimum shares allotment, if the subscription is 20 times then you have 5% chance, if the subscription is 100 times then you have 1% chance of getting allotment!

HTH

Hi All,

As the issue size is small, how the allotment will be done? will it be lottery? or every retailer will get some allotment?

Hi

If the retail portion gets 10 times subscription, then you have 10% chance of getting minimum shares allotment, if the subscription is 20 times then you have 5% chance, if the subscription is 100 times then you have 1% chance of getting allotment!

HTH
I understand it in this way.:)

If retail subscription is 10%, and you apply for 10 lots.

You will get 1 lot definitely. Below subscription level will be lottery system.

Happy Investing!

hello friends.....
I hope you are very well aware about the present scenario of the market....instead of investing in IPO that blocked our amount for sometime and are not alloted as we demand,we should go to the secondary market.Many good stock are there looking attractive after the correction(as I dont hope more correction in market)...
...what do you think....reply me...

hello friends.....
I hope you are very well aware about the present scenario of the market....instead of investing in IPO that blocked our amount for sometime and are not alloted as we demand,we should go to the secondary market.Many good stock are there looking attractive after the correction(as I dont hope more correction in market)...
...what do you think....reply me...
Simple you don't go for IPO and invest in secondary market if you feel so:).

If you are smart enough you will do shopping smartly:D

Happy Investing!

I hope everyone bidding 2 Lacs pay taxes and I sincerly hope they pay short term capital gain taxes. As far as I know, IPO investors never pay any STCG but since you have to report your investments above 1 lac be ready to pay 15% STCG too. Govt is not fool raising limits. They'll now catch greedy tax eaters. :D

swati23

I have been paying my taxes but what is this STCG? Is there something else I have report while filing my returns? This year is the first time I have invested in an IPO/FPO.

I have been paying my taxes but what is this STCG? Is there something else I have report while filing my returns? This year is the first time I have invested in an IPO/FPO.
A profit on the sale of a stock market shares or mutual fund share that has been held for one year or less. A short-term capital gain is taxed as ordinary income. It is charged at flat 15%+charges and education cess.

Suppose you applied in Power Grid and got 100 shares and since buying price was 85.5 after 5% discount and suppose you sold on or before a year at 95.50 you stand to gain a profit of rs 10 per share or 1000. On this you will pay 16.1% STCG while filing your returns.

All the losses, if any, can be taken to next year and will be allowed to deducted from profits but only in next years return. If you made 10000 profit and 5000 loss, carry over loss to next year so it can be deducted from next years profits, if any to get final STCG of next financial year. This year pay tax on all profits.

Normally 99% of small investors and IPO investors don't pay or even know STCG and govt is not strict either. But since 2 lacs limit states you have to inform all such investments above 1 lacs govt will ask you where is the profit. Normally a CA approves your share holding statement and calculate STCG if you are active trader/ipo investor but you can too calculate.

Nothing. That would be treaded as investment gains. Govt has made such rule to dishearten people who have mindsets to make quick bucks if they are not traders and keep market away from volatility.

Since most people are not paying taxes on IPO income govt has found proxy way of hunting down such tax evaders. You now have to file Annual Information Report on transactions involved high funds with ITR.

Also company in which you'll apply will be having your PAN which is must to apply ipo and chances of getting caught now are much than the past. Though I'll request any expert to clear my doubt on http://www.tin-nsdl.com/anninforeturn.asp 5th clause that is it necessary for company we apply to inform our investments to IT dept or is it our responsibilty?