List of Trading System / Methods

SGM

Instead of having one size to fit all, let us have multiple indices. They can be against time-frame, type of trading (swing, scalping, long-term), cash or derivatives etc.
Thats a good idea scarpio, something like list @ amazon ..........

So, i just focus on what works for me, and lets see if we get another lists ;)

Sanjay

SGM

Threads by uasish

System Based Trading

Free Metastock Indicator & System

Sharing one of my own code

What is the Risk for becoming a Trader.

Technical Indicators Do they Assist ?

Day Trading is it worth ?

Awe some effect of this Forum

Tribute to the GEEKS of this Forum.

Time To Stick My Neck Out "Nifty 5000"

Besides the above a huge thread approaching 6000 posts...

Time to Stick my Neck Out ,Nifty 7300

and more .....

Today's Buy Levels

To-Day's Sell Levels

chintan786

Hi all ... today i want to share one more system with u.. i'm working on this frm last 2 months.. now a days my job is not allowing me to do this.. tht is different stry...

The System is based on OPEN INTERST Build-up.. co-incidently it is same thing whch GTL says by posting his PDFs..

I learned this system frm Radhika nandlal... she was earlier very active on Moneycontrol forum...

This is how it works..

When OI postion is up more than 20% then the stck require good amt of attention.

Say for example Nicolas piramal is up by 1% to 2% (Price)... but opn interest is UP by close to 30%... then it is best stck to go lng in intraday... for tgts u can use charts ....

same holds true if stck is down price wise and with high OI postion.

this method holds good in Momentum stcks very accuratly......

for remaining .... i see the delivery volume also....if it is more than 50% then for me tommarow's trend is confirm.

but few times some .. different things happen......

once Colgate was up 7% ( Price) and OI postion was also up more than 25%..... i bought in delivery to do BTST......on very next day the stck was up in the morning session only for Ist 1 hr.... and close the day in negative territory.

Wht i understand is if price wise it is Overbought or Ovsold then it is good to be cautious....

Now a days in thise condtions i shrt the stck if it breaches previous day low....

the Advantage of OI based system is tht the trend or Activity remain strg...... the stck not remain dud.

my best performance with this method came in PSU stck, BANKS and capital goods.. BHEL.. bharti and other index stcks in particular.

this was frm my if anyone any query then feel free to ask.

warm regards

chintan

jatayoo

Hi all ... today i want to share one more system with u.. i'm working on this frm last 2 months.. now a days my job is not allowing me to do this.. tht is different stry...

The System is based on OPEN INTERST Build-up.. co-incidently it is same thing whch GTL says by posting his PDFs..

I learned this system frm Radhika nandlal... she was earlier very active on Moneycontrol forum...

This is how it works..

When OI postion is up more than 20% then the stck require good amt of attention.

Say for example Nicolas piramal is up by 1% to 2% (Price)... but opn interest is UP by close to 30%... then it is best stck to go lng in intraday... for tgts u can use charts ....

same holds true if stck is down price wise and with high OI postion.

this method holds good in Momentum stcks very accuratly......

for remaining .... i see the delivery volume also....if it is more than 50% then for me tommarow's trend is confirm.

but few times some .. different things happen......

once Colgate was up 7% ( Price) and OI postion was also up more than 25%..... i bought in delivery to do BTST......on very next day the stck was up in the morning session only for Ist 1 hr.... and close the day in negative territory.

Wht i understand is if price wise it is Overbought or Ovsold then it is good to be cautious....

Now a days in thise condtions i shrt the stck if it breaches previous day low....

the Advantage of OI based system is tht the trend or Activity remain strg...... the stck not remain dud.

my best performance with this method came in PSU stck, BANKS and capital goods.. BHEL.. bharti and other index stcks in particular.

this was frm my if anyone any query then feel free to ask.

warm regards

chintan
It is a good momentum 'trade plan' indeed.I know radhika since she was on PFU.
In intraday you have to see every tick and use your SL as soon as it is hit,
ASK ARYAN.

chintan786

It is a good momentum 'trade plan' indeed.I know radhika since she was on PFU.
In intraday you have to see every tick and use your SL as soon as it is hit,
ASK ARYAN.
Hi jatayoo... right frm the day i'm using this method to till this day.... i never used Intraday day data or levels for this......

wht i do is...... i note down those stcks in my notebook and do eye balling.

then on plain sheet of paper i write down the important levels( frm EoD chrts)... then cmes "Trading Plan".....

in the morning I priortise the list and Save the list on my terminal.

6 out of 10 times i trade the opening Bell..... and donot keep stp loss till 11 in the morning..

As i already have the tgts written once if stck hit the tgt I delete it frm the Terminal list.

during all this i mentain strict discipline.....keep my roon closed.

In this way i avoid Greed ... over trading etc.

one more disclosure ... i don't have any real time data feed connection.....

frm some time i also testing this for Scalping..... Nagarjuna Fert is my Fav. for this.

regards
chintan

chintan786

Interesting. Means you're doing intraday without i/day datafeed. Is that right?
(though i guess your primary aim is BTST/STBT)

Regards
100% correct... and i am not into BTST every day... but was doing Intraday every day till 2 June... after tht my job strtd... and i am off now a days.

Interesting. Means you're doing intraday without i/day datafeed. Is that right?
(though i guess your primary aim is BTST/STBT)

Regards
Dear KKseal!

IS STBT(sell today buy tomorrow) exists?:confused:

i am first time hearing about it.
In STBT, u shall square up your position next day, but what about that guy who happened to purchase your shares,who shall give him delivery ?

If the answer is affirmative then who is your broker?

regards

Last edited:

kkseal

100% correct... and i am not into BTST every day... but was doing Intraday every day till 2 June... after tht my job strtd... and i am off now a days.
Great. As it is if one wants to trade multiple securities intraday then having datafeed is not enough; one needs a great deal of other infra like multiple screens etc.