List of Trading System / Methods

skarpio

@SGM: Can we expect some links to Money Management and Position Sizing as well (maybe in another thread, if there's been some discussion, that is)? Yeh dil maange more :)

V

vvvv

Hello skarpio

Will add it to the "TO DO" list

Thanks
Sanjay

i read ghosh's thread yesterdy...most of it is recomendation & tips..however he explains a formula for buying calls & puts...but i feel the explanation he provides is not complete...if u can request him to post the formula alongwith
clear cut rules stating wht to do when alongwith an example.itll be really very useful.

SGM

i read ghosh's thread yesterdy...most of it is recomendation & tips..however he explains a formula for buying calls & puts...but i feel the explanation he provides is not complete...if u can request him to post the formula alongwith
clear cut rules stating wht to do when alongwith an example.itll be really very useful.
you r fast ....

Anyway already done that, and a few others too ...

@SGM: Can we expect some links to Money Management and Position Sizing as well (maybe in another thread, if there's been some discussion, that is)? Yeh dil maange more :)
there are many old threads that discuss concepts but do not have systems / or complete trading methods as focus, can include them here, but first need to complete the current list with proper links and updated writeups

regards
sanjay

Last edited:

skarpio

you r fast ....

Anyway already done that, and a few others too ...

there are many old threads that discuss concepts but do not have systems / or complete trading methods as focus, can include them here, but first need to complete the current list with proper links and updated writeups

regards
sanjay
@vvvv and sgm:
We can always ask ghoshda. IMHO SGM's (and others like biyasc, uashish's requests) would carry a lot more weight than mine ;)

SGM

Hello

Recieved this message from ghosh_ak34

Dear Sanjay,

I have given 2-3 systems one is given below, others I need search from my posts:

For options to be successful, the nifty, if you are a nifty trader, should move in a particular direction steadily either up or down. When to buy option is a common question and there could be many answers to this. Normally, what I do I am sharing it here. First find last weeks support (S1)and resistence level (R1). R1 ~ S1 = 300 to 400 points.

P = (Weeks High + Weeks Low + Weeks Close)/3
S1 = 2P - H
R1 = 2P - L

If (R1 - S1) >= 300 then,
Buy call at S1 and put at R1.
else
Do not trade at all.
--------------------------
Regards
Will update the post with the links to the other systems mentioned and also trade examples as soon as i get it.

Regards
Sanjay

V

vvvv

Hello

Recieved this message from ghosh_ak34

Will update the post with the links to the other systems mentioned and also trade examples as soon as i get it.

Regards
Sanjay
hi sanjay,
ive read the same thing myself..but found it very incomplete..can he give an example of a live trade which he has undertaken as per the formula

skarpio

hi sanjay,
ive read the same thing myself..but found it very incomplete..can he give an example of a live trade which he has undertaken as per the formula
I'll give it a shot. The whole formula basically says, if the last week's been really rocking and we have had an uptrend we can probably get in the market (and don't even think about it if it hasn't). How do we define 'really rocking'? We say we have the first Resistance(R1) ~300 points above the first Support(S1).
Uh, of course you use the pivot point calculator to get R1 and S1. Next, move on, buy yourself a call at S1 (you are sure it won't go below this and can only go up), some soda and popcorn and tune into MTV. But hang on, just in case you are one of those brooding types, you'd buy yourself life insurance before you dive into the couch -- so buy a put at S1(its tough going through the roof of this one, and in case it falls, you've just saved your bum).

Such a this hedged position should see you through most weeks of any year. And that's that!

The explanation could do with some reviews, though.