Linkon's Day trading Strategy...!

Mangafreakz

Can it do backfill from ODIN? I think it can only do backfill from yahoo but that is only for 1month trial.
Dont think it can Backfill from ODIN , but linkon7 is in a better position to answer that as he used both TDI software and Chartsdata.
Btw the last time i saw their site , they were giving 7 days trial , they upgraded to 1 month ?

linkon7

The odin i got from r k global doesnt have backfill.... I use chartsdata to transfer live data to ami and i use PIB for manually backfilling data. The process is a bit irritating, but there r no alternatives....

lazytrader

The problem is if the internet connection goes off for a few minutes there's no way to fill that part of the chart. That's why i asked.

If ODIN had backfill then would chartsdata extract it too? any idea?

Someone said there is a registry key you need to change to make ODIN put charts OHLC in txt files. if it has a proper format like date,O,h,l,c,v then there are many softwares, even free ones that can read .txt files and display charts in realtime. it would be better than using odin for charting.

Edit: I think ami can also read txt files but don't know how, if we can get .txt files from ODIN directly then we won't need ChartsData anymore.

Last edited:

linkon7

The problem is if the internet connection goes off for a few minutes there's no way to fill that part of the chart. That's why i asked.

If ODIN had backfill then would chartsdata extract it too? any idea?

Someone said there is a registry key you need to change to make ODIN put charts OHLC in txt files. if it has a proper format like date,O,h,l,c,v then there are many softwares, even free ones that can read .txt files and display charts in realtime. it would be better than using odin for charting.

Edit: I think ami can also read txt files but don't know how, if we can get .txt files from ODIN directly then we won't need ChartsData anymore.
I use PIB to get the back fill...I normally keep both Odin and PIB on during trading hrs. Rk's odin has a habit of data freezing and it gets real irritating sometimes. If i have a gap in price then i export the data from PIB to a csv file and format it with excel and then import it to amibroker and then merge it with my chart in ami....

Since i trade nifty only.... chartdata is all i need. Except for MDP i dont think anyone else provides NF rt data... Some like esignal, are too expensive. Yahoo data is unreliable and volume is a big issue with yahoo.

linkon7

When you merge PIB and RKG data don't the candles look like Helkin-ash candles?

MDP = market data provider?
No... PIB and odin give the same data. So missing data from odin if backfilled nicely wt pib...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
linkon7 Options 170
linkon7 AmiBroker 129
VJAY Options 10
linkon7 Options 36
linkon7 Day Trading 477