Life Changing Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

How To Win Friends And Influence People

How To Win Friends And Influence People is a book that provides its readers with insight into improving their skills, which will help them to make a positive change in the lives of people they meet in different walks of life.

Summary Of The Book

How To Win Friends And Influence People is a book that had been published for the first time in the 1930s. This book has been one of the first self-help books to be published ever. Considered to be one of the bestsellers during that period of time, this book has been of immense help to people, through the years. Till date, How To Win Friends And Influence People has sold approximately 15 million copies worldwide.

The author deals with the issue of long conditioning, and provides the readers with effective ways to deal with that stumbling block, while establishing relationships with new people. The book shows its readers how to see situations through a whole new perspective, and even shows them how they can turn the way other people think, so as to benefit them. This can be done without any kind of actual manipulation.

The readers are shown how they can endorse their point of view in front of other people, without making them feel offended in any way. This can be done while respecting the viewpoints of others too. They are also shown how they can grasp names better, and how they can be good listeners as well.

Few of the points provided in the book are: Begin in a friendly way, Praise every improvement, Increase your earning power, Dramatize your ideas, Increase your popularity, Talk in terms of the other person's interest, If you're wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, Appeal to the nobler motives, Let the other person save face, Throw down a challenge, and many more such points. The book contains sections like Seven Rules For Making Your Home Life Happier, Twelve Ways to Win People to Your Way of Thinking, and Fundamental Techniques in Handling People.

The author gained immense popularity with the success of this book, and several other self-help books as well. By the time Carnegie passed away, this book had sold over 5 million copies, and the Dale Carnegie Institute had over 450,000 graduates.
u have free audio book avilable in you tube u can download and hear this book very in teresting book

amitrandive

u have free audio book avilable in you tube u can download and hear this book very in teresting book
seetharamank

Thanks for the suggestion!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Actually this has become a very good option for people who do not find time to read.
They can download the audio books in their ipods,tablets,cell phones,etc and listen while commuting,relaxing,exercising,etc

amitrandive

Nice tread, I would like to recommend a book which really changed my life and helped me alot in my pursuit of a financially stable life. 'Intelligent Investor' Please read.
Einstein

Thanks for your feedback and suggestion.The Intelligent Investor is a Bible for Fundamental Analysis.

Yes , I have read it.Warren Buffet made most of his wealth after applying the principles outlined in this fantastic book.

oilman5

My take on this.

There are enough self help books available in the world to drown yourself in an ocean of knowledge.The only point is that there is fine thin line between addiction and good habit.

.Every person has his/her own triggers for motivation.You can never judge what book/idea/thought motivates a person and instantly change his/her life.

There are many people who even though have gone through countless books are still looking out for more.These are those people exactly described on those articles and links.A very few self starters and self motivated people do not require a single book at all.

Also the intention of starting such a thread is for the benefit of all members not particularly myself.
Thanks Amit and DSM - for showing big heart to help all attitude. Self help book r always inspiration to all level. Its PMA!!!!!!!
TO ME - finding out stress buster & reading good quotes r more imp , than any comments ,100% assured tips/afl designing.
WHY ?- money may fulfill some desire, but if your heart is healthy - u always feel happy - like to inspire all - net result win all.
SAME comparison like feeding one day VS teaching to catch fish.
2ndly the books all u have mentioned r helpful for gen mankind, i have read most of them , benign recreation by a reader is far superior than idiot box watching jokers.
Successful traders r rarer breed , but rarest is good soul like U
So pl continue

amitrandive

Thanks Amit and DSM - for showing big heart to help all attitude. Self help book r always inspiration to all level. Its PMA!!!!!!!
TO ME - finding out stress buster & reading good quotes r more imp , than any comments ,100% assured tips/afl designing.
WHY ?- money may fulfill some desire, but if your heart is healthy - u always feel happy - like to inspire all - net result win all.
2ndly the books all u have mentioned r helpful for gen mankind, i have read most of them , benign recreation by a reader is far superior than idiot box watching jokers.
So pl continue
oilman

With encouraging words like these,my spirit is now zoomed up to a new level.
Please keep motivating and guiding us!!!

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

DSM

Hey Oilman, Thanks for your kind words. Always have appreciated your posts, experience and wisdom.... My attitude has been to give back in whatever small way that I can, as I have gained a lot from on from being in the forum. However, human nature being what it is, GENERALLY people will always try to get you down to a lower level. This is an unfortunate fact of life..... I had read somewhere, that you as (a person) is an average of 5 people that you know or relate to. Will be taking a long break from being here, as I will be travelling and have some plans.... Not sure, if I will want to be back here actively.... Need to have a fresh mind and a new perspective that will be good for self as well as for trading. I wish you the very best Oilman. Take care.... Amit your thread is greatly motivating and inspirational.... so thank your for that..... Sometimes, we need to move a few steps up to reflect on what we are doing and see if it fulfills our life's visions, purpose and goals, and to not let the busyness of life, stop us from attaining the goals that we seek and aspire to. So good luck to you as well. Will be on a break from tomorrow. Till when, let's see. :) :) :) Cheers.

So pl continue

amitrandive

Hey Oilman, Thanks for your kind words. Always have appreciated your posts, experience and wisdom.... My attitude has been to give back in whatever small way that I can, as I have gained a lot from on from being in the forum. However, human nature being what it is, GENERALLY people will always try to get you down to a lower level. This is an unfortunate fact of life..... I had read somewhere, that you as (a person) is an average of 5 people that you know or relate to. Will be taking a long break from being here, as I will be travelling and have some plans.... Not sure, if I will want to be back here actively.... Need to have a fresh mind and a new perspective that will be good for self as well as for trading. I wish you the very best Oilman. Take care.... Amit your thread is greatly motivating and inspirational.... so thank your for that..... Sometimes, we need to move a few steps up to reflect on what we are doing and see if it fulfills our life's visions, purpose and goals, and to not let the busyness of life, stop us from attaining the goals that we seek and aspire to. So good luck to you as well. Will be on a break from tomorrow. Till when, let's see. :) :) :) Cheers.
DSM

Thanks for your great thread/posts.Wish you a very Good Luck , in your future endeavors.

:thumb:

amitrandive

Selef help books are good to read, but, i have seen so many people that are on top of the world as they get that EUREKA moment each time they read a new book,but, what stops them from continuously applying that particular technique to their excellence?

If you read this book, IMHO, you will not need an another self help book.

TraderPro

Thanks for your recommendation!!!

Again a wrong interpretation.

The title of this thread is Life changing books.A life changing book may not necessarily be a self help book.It can be any book , like a trading book, a book on finance,a novel, a short story book,even a small magazine or any article posted somewhere on the net.

You will find that I have posted books like "The Rich Dad,Poor Dad" and many such other books which are not self help books.

I have highlighted the reason for starting this thread here
http://www.traderji.com/words-wisdom/93353-life-changing-books-5.html#post958095

I fail to understand why people are against reading and they take reading as a medicine prescribed by a psychologist.

I have highlighted the benefits of general reading(not necessarily self help books) in the post below.Please go through them.
http://www.traderji.com/words-wisdom/93353-life-changing-books-5.html#post958099

I think if that is what most members want I will stop posting on this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.