Life Changing Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitrandive

Your Erroneous Zones: Step-by-Step Advice for Escaping the Trap of Negative Thinking and Taking Control of Your Life
by Wayne W. Dyer

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0060919760?ie=UTF8&tag=bebore-20&link_code=wql

From the author of the multimillion-copy bestseller Pulling Your Own Strings, positive and practical advice for breaking free from the trap of negative thinking and enjoying life to the fullest.
  • If you're plagued by guilt or worry and find yourself unwittingly falling into the same old self-destructive patterns, then you have "erroneous zones"--whole facets of your approach to life that act as barriers to your success and happiness.
  • If you believe that you have no control over your feelings and reactions, you give up the many choices that are available to you. Dyer shows how you can take charge of yourself and manage how much you will let difficult times--and people--affect you.
  • If you spend more time worrying what others think than working on what you want and need, you will always be disappointed. Dyer shows that only you can make yourself happy and points the way to true self-reliance.
  • If you are still caught up in old labels for yourself and an out-of-date self-image, you cancel out your present potential. Dyer shows how you can break out of the patterns of the post to become fulfilled in the present.
  • If you depend upon others for your well-being, you lose yourself. Dyer shows how to take control of your own needs and learn to give and receive love without limits

My View: This book opens up your view towards your own self for analysis and improvement.

DSM

Another great thread Amit!! Here's my recommendation :

One of my favourite books : The Art of Learning: An Inner Journey to Optimal Performance By Josh Waitzkin

Josh Waitzkin won the National Chess Championship when 9 years old, and had a movie made on him by the name of 'Searching for Bobby Fischer' followed by lot of media attention... this suppozedly led him to a breaking point. Later, playing in the final of world junior chess chanmpionship, instead of logically accepting a draw which would have made him a joint title, (due to expectations built up) he fought on only to lose. Later, Josh took a break from Chess, to focus on the the martial art Tai Chi Chuan, which he won the world champion title. The story is about a talented kid and a chess prodigy mastering another entirely different filed of physical combat and reach its pinnacle. An insightful book of 'learning how to learn' and be able to master a new field.... a true and inspiring story of Josh Waitzkin. An interesting book and a must read for anybody looking to achieve peak perfomance.

amitrandive

Another great thread Amit!! Here's my recommendation :

One of my favourite books : The Art of Learning: An Inner Journey to Optimal Performance By Josh Waitzkin

Josh Waitzkin won the National Chess Championship when 9 years old, and had a movie made on him by the name of 'Searching for Bobby Fischer' followed by lot of media attention... this suppozedly led him to a breaking point. Later, playing in the final of world junior chess chanmpionship, instead of logically accepting a draw which would have made him a joint title, (due to expectations built up) he fought on only to lose. Later, Josh took a break from Chess, to focus on the the martial art Tai Chi Chuan, which he won the world champion title. The story is about a talented kid and a chess prodigy mastering another entirely different filed of physical combat and reach its pinnacle. An insightful book of 'learning how to learn' and be able to master a new field.... a true and inspiring story of Josh Waitzkin. An interesting book and a must read for anybody looking to achieve peak perfomance.
DSM

Thanks for feedback and recommendation.
:clapping:

amitrandive

Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth
by T. Harv Eker

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0060763280?ie=UTF8&tag=bebore-20&link_code=wql

In his groundbreaking Secrets of the Millionaire Mind, T. Harv Eker states: "Give me five minutes, and I can predict your financial future for the rest of your life!" Eker does this by identifying your "money and success blueprint." We all have a personal money blueprint ingrained in our subconscious minds, and it is this blueprint, more than anything, that will determine our financial lives. You can know everything about marketing, sales, negotiations, stocks, real estate, and the world of finance, but if your money blueprint is not set for a high level of success, you will never have a lot of money—and if somehow you do, you will most likely lose it! The good news is that now you can actually reset your money blueprint to create natural and automatic success.

Secrets of the Millionaire Mind is two books in one. Part I explains how your money blueprint works. Through Eker's rare combination of street smarts, humor, and heart, you will learn how your childhood influences have shaped your financial destiny. You will also learn how to identify your own money blueprint and "revise" it to not only create success but, more important, to keep and continually grow it.

In Part II you will be introduced to seventeen "Wealth Files," which describe exactly how rich people think and act differently than most poor and middle-class people. Each Wealth File includes action steps for you to practice in the real world in order to dramatically increase your income and accumulate wealth.

If you are not doing as well financially as you would like, you will have to change your money blueprint. Unfortunately your current money blueprint will tend to stay with you for the rest of your life, unless you identify and revise it, and that's exactly what you will do with the help of this extraordinary book. According to T. Harv Eker, it's simple. If you think like rich people think and do what rich people do, chances are you'll get rich too!

My View : Must read book for anyone aiming to become a multimillionaire.

amitrandive

Reminiscences of a Stock Operator:
by Edwin Lefèvre (Author)

http://www.amazon.in/Reminiscences-Stock-Operator-Commentary-Livermore/dp/0470481595

Reminiscences of a Stock Operator is the fictionalized biography of Jesse Livermore, one of the greatest speculators ever. The timeless insights found within these pages have inspired countless generations of investors and made this book one of the foremost investment classics of all time.

Jesse Livermore won and lost tens of millions of dollars playing the stock and commodities markets during the early 1900s, at one point making ten million dollars in one month of trading – an astronomical sum for this time. His ideas and keen analyses of market price movements are as true today as they were when he first implemented them. Offering profound insights into the motivations, attitudes, and feelings shared by every investor, Reminiscences of a Stock Operator, is among the most compelling and enduring pieces ever written on trading in the markets.

Reminiscences of a Stock Operator is a timeless take that will enrich the lives – and portfolios – of today's traders as it has done for generations in the past.

My View: The Bible of Trading psychology.Teaches you the timeless advice of stock markets.The biggest lesson it gives is that ,Trading/Investment wealth cannot be achieved without sound money management.

amitrandive

The Richest Man in Babylon
George S. Clason (Author)

http://www.amazon.in/Richest-Man-Ba...27&sr=1-1&keywords=the+richest+man+in+babylon

Travel back in time as you read this enlightening, insightful book on financial investment and fiscal success. Through a series of delightful short stories, straight from the heart of ancient Babylon, learn economic tips and tools for financial success that have withstood the test of time and that are applicable still today. Enjoy reading, and start saving today!

My View: The best piece of advice given in this book, is " Pay yourself first".
The advice: take 10% (at least) of what you earn, and invest it. Do this before doing anything else with your income.

amitrandive

The Rules of Wealth: A Personal Code For Prosperity
Richard Templar (Author)

http://www.amazon.in/Rules-Wealth-P...id=1397364228&sr=1-2&keywords=rules+of+wealth

Some people seem to find money so easy. Easy to make, easy to hold on to and easy to grow. The rest of us just find it easy to spend.

The Rules of Wealth are the guiding principles that will help you generate more money, handle it more wisely, grow it more effectively and know how to use it to live a happier, more fulfilling, more comfortable life.

So, if you dream of having enough money never to worry about it ever again, you need the The Rules of Wealth.

My View:Simple rules to follow for wealth creation.A timeless classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.