Learn How To Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJAY

View attachment 29837

Is the Black Line ERL?
Does Trend Change to UT above green line?
Dear amit,
Yes its erl...but we draw erl on body pivot low here....and I not intrupt pvt abv erl break as ut starts....i interupt as DT in question...

VJAY

VJAY

Good post by xray bro about swing trading.....

Swing trading and positional trading difficulties

Many experienced and also new traders,wanna trade swing,benefits of it is it can catch large moves:) ,but will eat the accounts with large counter gaps many traders blown there account in this process:mad:,rather then countering it, people always cry on market manipulations,i'm not an exception:DD 2 years back i was also afraid of positional trading,now trading it from past 2 years swing/positional without fear with scaling of qty.just giving the points on which i have build my system.:cool:

1. Design a system with Higher time frame for trend and entry should be lower time frame.

2. SL should be at half of SL of HTF..suppose if SL in HTF is 150 pts..LTF should be 50 % of that.

3. Black swan events or erratic gaps can be spotted with VIX

4. Back test the system in difficult years watching the VIX,check the equity curve

5. With a properly developed systematic trading strategy, real-time trading performance should conform in general to that of the statistical
profile of performance.

jamit_05

Good post by xray bro about swing trading.....

Swing trading and positional trading difficulties

Many experienced and also new traders,wanna trade swing,benefits of it is it can catch large moves:) ,but will eat the accounts with large counter gaps many traders blown there account in this process:mad:,rather then countering it, people always cry on market manipulations,i'm not an exception:DD 2 years back i was also afraid of positional trading,now trading it from past 2 years swing/positional without fear with scaling of qty.just giving the points on which i have build my system.:cool:

1. Design a system with Higher time frame for trend and entry should be lower time frame.

2. SL should be at half of SL of HTF..suppose if SL in HTF is 150 pts..LTF should be 50 % of that.

3. Black swan events or erratic gaps can be spotted with VIX

4. Back test the system in difficult years watching the VIX,check the equity curve

5. With a properly developed systematic trading strategy, real-time trading performance should conform in general to that of the statistical
profile of performance.
Tweaking won't make a profitable system.

Trading the system, bearing the DD and finally being fully present during the big move, only will make one successful. Tweaking will not. imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.