KwikPop for Amibroker

The zip file has just AFLs, which will run only if u are registered for using it, either by paying the subscription fee or registering for a trial.
I attached them for others to have a look at the formulae only!
Go thru the site, u will get it.
I hope I am clear enough!

Visit
h t t p://w w w.k w i k p o p.com/index-3.html

Here's what they say!

We offer a FREE 5 DAY TRIAL download of Kwik*POP for new users. In order to activate your trial subscription you need a USERNAME and PASSWORD. Follow these steps for a free trial.

1) Click on the CONTACT US link above and send your request.

In order to activate Kwik*POP you'll need a current username and password. State your full name and e-mail address.

You must have one of these charting platforms already installed on your computer; TradeStation, NinjaTrader, eSignal, Sierra Charts, MultiCharts or Amibroker.

2) After sending your request for a USERNAME and PASSWORD click on the DOWNLOAD NOW link on the right side of this page. A list of installers will pop up. Select the appropriate charting platform. Turn off your charting platform first and then RUN the installer. Once successfully installed a READ ME file will pop up on your screen. Please print that out and follow the instructions. For additional installation instructions click on the INSTALLING link on the right half of this page.

3) We'll send you a temporary Username and Password upon receipt of your request. When you apply a Kwik*POP indicator to a chart for the first time, a prompt will appear asking for your username and password. Once you've typed that in you are up and running.

S S

yeah i see there in the zip all the formula of indicators shows syntax errors .....will you please send me the working zip .
Usually, when syntax error is found, a semi colon is missing at the end of one or more lines.

That must be controlled by the trial duration. One shall have to go through each of the total 68 afls for the missing semi colons in it and correct it to make the afl work un-conditionally.

Whale of a job required to be done.... may be.
Cheers!
SS

Hello, Ravi:

I went to the KiwkPop website and signed up for the 5 day trial. In order to be able to see the indicators in the zip file, you have to have a .dll file which will be downloaded to your computer when you apply for the 5-day trial period. Also, the indicators will not work without the .dll. Once the trial period expires, you will not be able to see the indicators. I think the .dll expires after 5 days because I can no longer view them on my Amibroker.

I have enrolled for 5 days trial for amibroker eod and also received u/n and p/w. But i am unable to load the charts because of installations instructions (pdf file) is not available in kwikpop site. The link is not present for amibroker and esignal. I contacted the rr. They neither correctred the link nor sent me pdf file in email.
Please upload the pdf file.

Hirapanna

Hello,

I only had the KwikPop indicators for a couple of days before my computer resources started giving me problems. Not sure why, but in that time, I had the opportunity to review all of them very closely.

In my honest opinion, these indicators are very similar to indicators that are already created "out there" somewhere for Amibroker. As an example, one of them is an "Ergodic" oscillator. KwikPop doesn't call it an ergodic, and I could be wrong, but when I compared the signals, they were the same. I compared the KP indicators to many I have in my customer folder that I found on various forums and the AFL library. The signals are the same, they just have a different appearance.

They did not seem to help in timing a better trade entry than what I already use.

I have a habit of using the "drag and drop" feature in Amibroker to super-impose indicators. I am also learning afl code on my own...it is a very slow process. At times, I have created some interesting things, and other times, have created a mess. But this is how I compared the KP indicators to others that I have used in the past.

Bottomline, I guess you can say I used to try and "reinvent" the wheel, but after testing literally hundreds of indicators, settings and systems, I have found that all indicators pretty much tell you the same thing. You just have to find the ones that are most comfortable for your eyes and perfect your strategy using them.

There are so many "offers" out there to get your money. Newbies, especially, are prone to jump at these "opportunities" and spend much time and money that could have better been spent to trade with. (This is exactly what happened to me when I first started in this business about 10 years ago).

I am not saying KP is not worth it. Any purchase is an investment in your education....if you use it, but honestly, everything (and more) that you could possibly need to trade has already been invented, (and most of it is free in these forums).

Five days is not a long enough trial to learn and perfect a system. On the other hand, maybe I am a slow learner. LOL

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
8 AmiBroker 0
J AmiBroker 0
J AmiBroker 7
T AmiBroker 0
H MetaStock 4