Is trading a gambling?

4xpipcounter

But, this is your quote, "Another great evil arising from this desire to be thought rich". Evidently you think there is something wrong in being rich.
I'm not sure anyone is calling you anything. Just in the points I made I needed to solidify the difference in what a gambler is and what a trader is.
Also, it does not qualify trading as gambling because part of the job of a trader is to use a stop loss.
I know you brought up a few times that some people take objection to the G..... word (That word is "GAMBLING"). Again, I'm not afraid of that word, and no one else has expressed offense. After all, the moderators have retained all our posts in our friendly little discussion.

I 've already said , nothing wrong in being rich . But all in its still a guessing game or u wouldn't, need a stoploss, or don't u.:D Call it whatever makes u happy. I've just put across my opinion. I really don't care a whit what others call me. :lol:[/QUOTE]

rajsingh

But, this is your quote, "Another great evil arising from this desire to be thought rich". Evidently you think there is something wrong in being rich.
I'm not sure anyone is calling you anything. Just in the points I made I needed to solidify the difference in what a gambler is and what a trader is.
Also, it does not qualify trading as gambling because part of the job of a trader is to use a stop loss.
I know you brought up a few times that some people take objection to the G..... word (That word is "GAMBLING"). Again, I'm not afraid of that word, and no one else has expressed offense. After all, the moderators have retained all our posts in our friendly little discussion.

The only thing that comes across from your posts is that u don't like being called a gambler...:rofl:

Vector

Read it again.. its the desire to be thought rich. If u cant interpret it what can I do???

There's a big difference between being rich and having the desire to be thought rich.

I

Dawood

News is telling us to buy and charts are telling us to sell....in this situation any intraday trader should either gamble or leave the trade.

4xpipcounter

My main thought was to try and create the distinction between a gambler and a trader.
I freely acknowledge the fact I am a trader, because I am one, and a very good one. If I was a gambler, I would freely acknowledge that. If all I conveyed in my posts was what you said, then my intentions were not carried out.

I still honestly believe that most good traders do not adhere to the thought they are gamblers. Ones that view themselves as gamblers or this profession as gambling have failed as traders, or at the least, are having trouble winning consistently.
Every close friend that is a trader in the markets that is trading successfully does not view this as gambling. They view themselves as being a top-notch trader in the world of trading.

The only thing that comes across from your posts is that u don't like being called a gambler...:rofl:[/QUOTE]

4xpipcounter

Not if you don't trade the news. I am 100% a technical trader, so in this case I sell.

I do like your point here. Once the decision becomes a gamble, then it is time to leave it alone.

News is telling us to buy and charts are telling us to sell....in this situation any intraday trader should either gamble or leave the trade.

4xpipcounter

Okay, then great! Just be rich, and quit thinking about it. You have all the tools at your disposal.

Develop a methodology, work on it. Study the markets, indicators and anything else you consider necessary to your success. Afterward, be very conservative in your approach to the markets, and eventually you'll make more money then you know what to do with. That is what this industry avails all of us. Just go out and get it!!!!!!

BTW, I'm short the AUD/NZD and the EUR/NZD at their respective peaks. I told you that in advance before what will be huge moves south. Now, come back in a few weeks from now and tell me I was gambling. I love cashing in lots of pips. Gambling does not avail me of that.

I feel like I'm starting to be a pest, so I'll unsubscribe and try and stay away from this thread (No cop out. I think I made my point, and you guys would probably enjoy throwing around your views with out 4x interfering.). Read my thread and my forecasts. Tell me that's gambling.

"Read it again.. its the desire to be thought rich. If u cant interpret it what can I do???

There's a big difference between being rich and having the desire to be thought rich."

I[/QUOTE]