Ipo Diary

Logik

hey GB,
i got one small problem. i was reading SEBI Faqs on ASBA. i tried to search there, but was not able to find any answer.

here is my q?:
1.my father have SBI accnt using which he can apply for IPO. now my bank branch (UBI) is not offering the ASBA through net banking or any physical form. is it possible to apply for FPO/IPO in my demat accnt using my father's bank accnt. plz note that i am not joint holder in bank savings accnt with my father.

i am asking this, coz i read on SEBI FAQs page that Five (5) applications can be made from a bank account per issue.

Logik

hey GB,
i got one small problem. i was reading SEBI Faqs on ASBA. i tried to search there, but was not able to find any answer.

here is my q?:
1.my father have SBI accnt using which he can apply for IPO. now my bank branch (UBI) is not offering the ASBA through net banking or any physical form. is it possible to apply for FPO/IPO in my demat accnt using my father's bank accnt. plz note that i am not joint holder in bank savings accnt with my father.

i am asking this, coz i read on SEBI FAQs page that Five (5) applications can be made from a bank account per issue.

Logik
hi logik

since I am using ICICI Direct , never came across such situation.

however I feel that since
A)while making paper application you can give 3rd party cheque , and on allotment refund will be made to your bank a/c attached with your demat a/c and not to 3rd party ,how 3rd party will recover this amount from you it is between you and him.
B) similarly in ASBA application shares will be credited in demat a/c given in the application and money will be deducted from the Bank a/c in which the amount has been blocked and how the bank a/c holder will recover share money is between you and him.

I have gone through ASBA application form given on BSE site and find separate columns for signature of applicant and signature of Bank a/c holder .
bank a/c holder is only a guaranter for payment of shares alloted as in case "A" for 3rd party cheque.

It will be better if you contact SBI ASBA IPO dealing person if such type of application accepted by them and bids are punched and recorded.

GB

hi gb

i am planning to hedge power grid fpo.....but November series is expiring on 25 of November...is there any possibilities of listing these share b4 25 nov........mean listing will be b4 25 or after 25.......... ??????????????????
hi tictic11
as per rules Listing has to be done within 12 working days of closing date.
issue will close on 12th and then we have 2 saturday+sunday each and one official holiday of 17th , so it may list after 25th only

GB

Last edited:

Logik

thanks for explanation GB. i think i will need the case mentioned, in SAIL FPO.

anyways 212359940 for RIIs i.e. 0.72.
what u expect now?
have u applied for this FPO?

i guess 2-2.31 times.

BTW the formula u explained in first post
ALOTMENT EXPECTED (you can view allotment status online at registrar`s website given and can assess allotment by dividing application quantity with oversubscription ,if it is above minimum lot then firm proportionate , otherwise minimum lot by lottery)
is this a sure shot thing.......does it always work?

thanks for explanation GB. i think i will need the case mentioned, in SAIL FPO.

anyways 212359940 for RIIs i.e. 0.72.
what u expect now?
have u applied for this FPO?

i guess 2-2.31 times.

BTW the formula u explained in first post

is this a sure shot thing.......does it always work?
hi logik,

Retail may go around 3 times , so applications for 325 and above may expect firm proportionate allotment. Retai quota is 2660 crore and may put 6000 crore to 8000 crore since it is FPO . in coal india IPO they put around 10000 crore as it was IPO

I have already applied for this FPO and will suggest you to apply without fears.

the above allotment procedure is in terms of agreement , the application paper signed by you or by power of attorney holder in case you made online application

just get one paper application form and read terms for basis of allotment clause 52 and 53 on page 5 and 6 , every thing will be clear to you .

allotment is not done manualy ,it is computer which do it as per terms for IPO loaded in it .

Last edited:

Logik

hey GB,
i was really busy with daily life. only today, i was able to get my hand on clause 52 and 53 on page 5 and 6. no need to get a paper form, its in the PDF available on nse site.

anyways, here is 53 (ii)

The total number of Equity Shares to be allotted to each category
as a whole will be arrived at on a proportionate basis, which is the total number of Equity Shares applied for in that category (number of Bidders in the category multiplied by the number of Equity Shares applied for) multiplied by the inverse of the over-subscription ratio.
so the categories will be
till....
are these nos available anywhere?

& here is 53 (iii)
The number of Equity Shares to be allotted to the successful Bidders will be arrived at on a proportionate basis, which is total number of Equity Shares applied for by each Bidder in that category multiplied by the inverse of the over-subscription ratio.
so that way i will get 135 shares, if i applied for 520.
i guess the formula is sure shot in case of over-subscription.

thanks for reading

If we apply for manganese Ore IPO ,

Will money be unblocked from ASBA a/c before the closing date of punjab and sindh bank IPO which is in line in month of December?

Happy Investing !

If we apply for manganese Ore IPO ,

Will money be unblocked from ASBA a/c before the closing date of punjab and sindh bank IPO which is in line in month of December?

Happy Investing !
Maganese Ore closing on 1st , so money from ASBA may be unblocked by 11th/12th . Let's see what dates are announced for P&S Bank.

better apply for MOIL as P&S Bank is yet to Re-file DRHP with SEBI

Last edited:
I read in somewhere that those IPO applications with full 2lakh rupees upper limit will be scrutinized for income tax payments made before
company has to file Annual Information Return?
does any thing to do with normal retail investor like us?
is it true?
any info on this

Last edited: