Investing, rather than trading with a discount broker.... makes sense?

iTrade

If the Goal is Long Term and Security/Reliability is more concern Go with Traditional Brokers...Though it will cost you bit more but its OK as your Goal is Long Term.
Still asking why traditional and what security/reliability are we talking here? Please elaborate.

Still asking why traditional and what security/reliability are we talking here? Please elaborate.
Who is asking..? OP is not asking this..? and you seems to be veryyyy experienced investor/trader here so you know all the things. ;)

iTrade

Who is asking..? OP is not asking this..? and you seems to be veryyyy experienced investor/trader here so you know all the things. ;)
Yes, I am experienced and I see no security/reliability concerns with discount brokers for long term dmat holdings. So asked why you think there is a risk with discount brokers for long term holdings?

I personally see no Risk at all with Discount Brokers. But there are are large breed of Discount Brokers now. As a Trader it is not that difficult to chose some of them according to Trading Platform / Margin / Backoffice Service etc.

But when it is time to INVESTING I will chose well known and experienced Traditional Brokers. This is my thinking and not Mandatory. :D

I see no security/reliability concerns with discount brokers
As I said above I agree with it But which Discount Brokers is very important.

I am trading with Zerodha since 2010 when they Born. They have now 350,000 customers but I was with them when they have just 350 customers. When trading platform was NSE Now only and even they was not member of BSE o_O

When majority of world think security/reliability concerns with them, I believe them. And in last 7 yrs they proved them as Best Discount Broker. Though there are certain issues I and other traders faced with them but at least I am happy with them.

But still I chose them for Trading not for Investing .... :rolleyes:

OMG ... This is what I get Today. ;)

untitled.PNG

iTrade

I personally see no Risk at all with Discount Brokers. But there are are large breed of Discount Brokers now. As a Trader it is not that difficult to chose some of them according to Trading Platform / Margin / Backoffice Service etc.

But when it is time to INVESTING I will chose well known and experienced Traditional Brokers. This is my thinking and not Mandatory. :D

As I said above I agree with it But which Discount Brokers is very important.

I am trading with Zerodha since 2010 when they Born. They have now 350,000 customers but I was with them when they have just 350 customers. When trading platform was NSE Now only and even they was not member of BSE o_O

When majority of world think security/reliability concerns with them, I believe them. And in last 7 yrs they proved them as Best Discount Broker. Though there are certain issues I and other traders faced with them but at least I am happy with them.

But still I chose them for Trading not for Investing .... :rolleyes:

OMG ... This is what I get Today. ;)

View attachment 21921
Well in such outages intraday traders might be at risk rather than long term holders.

Yes You are Right. As I said above we faced certain issues in last 7 yrs. But these are not common issues you faced every month like other Discount Brokers. Sometime these kind of things happen. Last year cuz of Cauvery water supply issue activist forcefully shuts all offices in Bangalore including Zerodha. But there are other ways to Trade when you got these problems.
intraday traders might be at risk rather than long term holders.
Just one correction, You should use "Always" instead of "Might Be" :)

iTrade

Yes You are Right. As I said above we faced certain issues in last 7 yrs. But these are not common issues you faced every month like other Discount Brokers. Sometime these kind of things happen. Last year cuz of Cauvery water supply issue activist forcefully shuts all offices in Bangalore including Zerodha. But there are other ways to Trade.

Just one correction, You should use "Always" instead of "Might Be" :)
Thank You for sharing your experience