Interactive Brokers

As understood from different posts:

IB charge (brokerage +Others)comes around 2450/= for Future of 1 crore trade.

For Option it comes around 7250/ for premuim around 1 crore.

But for other brokers zero dha,rksv etc it will
be little more higher because of their clearning costs. But if you are trading more than 3 to 4 crore per month , these indian brokers are useful.

The worst and cut throat brokerage is ICICI for option trading. They are really sucking your money

Am I right ?

IB is terribly expensive i pay 400 rs per crore intra day and futures and these guys are charging 5000 rs per crore for futures and 2500 for intra day positions zerodha and rksv are much much better

If there are some other plans which i don't know then its a different story kindly let us know

I have been able to get realtime as well as backfill intraday data from IB trading terminal to Amibroker using the IB Amibrker plugin. Now working very well.

There were some problems about IB symbals.....had to spend many hours on the net to solve these problems myself.

Smart_trade

Hi ST Sir,
have you managed to add bajaj auto in amibroker ? , i tried various ways still did not succeed ,the usual symbology BAJAJ-AUT-NSE-STK-INR not working if you have found some workaround please let me know about it.
regards,
m prakash

IB is terribly expensive i pay 400 rs per crore intra day and futures and these guys are charging 5000 rs per crore for futures and 2500 for intra day positions zerodha and rksv are much much better

If there are some other plans which i don't know then its a different story kindly let us know
Action Financial services ltd charges only 1 paisa per executed trade,not only brokerage charges you will do offline orders without any cost,Zerdha has noway to trade on call even at cost.NOW is sofar better than Nest hanged many times from server disconnect.

Last edited:
I have been able to get realtime as well as backfill intraday data from IB trading terminal to Amibroker using the IB Amibrker plugin. Now working very well.

There were some problems about IB symbals.....had to spend many hours on the net to solve these problems myself.

Smart_trade
I think IB ,they eat your pinch before any laying.
Amibroker is able to do any kind of data from any source that you have get.

ragsid

I got my account opened around 10 days back. I will let you guys know about my experience/feedback soon. @ST, Yeah the symbols that needs to be added in Amibroker is different. For me also it took few hours and had lot of search around to get it working and find the format for the scrips.

Also, as mprakash1972 said for scripts with "-" (hyphen) I am not sure too how to add the scrips in Amibroker, tried various options, but have not been successful. I have not called up the customer care also regarding this, will check with the Customer support and will let you guys know.

Cheers!

Hi ST Sir,
have you managed to add bajaj auto in amibroker ? , i tried various ways still did not succeed ,the usual symbology BAJAJ-AUT-NSE-STK-INR not working if you have found some workaround please let me know about it.
regards,
m prakash
The symball is BAJAJ-AUTO.........but I too tried various combinations. Could not succeed.

Smart_trade

ragsid

Did you guys receive this:

Upcoming holiday trading schedule

Dear NSE Trader,

We would like to inform you of the upcoming holiday trading schedule for IB India:

Tuesday, December 25th 2012 - NSE Holiday, the exchange is closed and IB is also closed for business.

Tuesday, January 1st 2013 - Unfortunately due to system maintenance scheduled in line with international exchange holidays, IB's systems will not be available for trading on this date. This means you will not be able to open or close positions on Tuesday, January 1st 2013. Please monitor your open positions on Monday, December 31st 2012 and determine if you need to trade before the end of the trading session. The system will be available for trading again on Wednesday, January 2nd 2013.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and request you to manage your account accordingly. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call us.

Regards,
Interactive Brokers Customer Service

Did you guys receive this?

Did you guys receive this:

Upcoming holiday trading schedule

Dear NSE Trader,

We would like to inform you of the upcoming holiday trading schedule for IB India:

Tuesday, December 25th 2012 - NSE Holiday, the exchange is closed and IB is also closed for business.

Tuesday, January 1st 2013 - Unfortunately due to system maintenance scheduled in line with international exchange holidays, IB's systems will not be available for trading on this date. This means you will not be able to open or close positions on Tuesday, January 1st 2013. Please monitor your open positions on Monday, December 31st 2012 and determine if you need to trade before the end of the trading session. The system will be available for trading again on Wednesday, January 2nd 2013.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and request you to manage your account accordingly. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call us.

Regards,
Interactive Brokers Customer Service

Did you guys receive this?
Not received...but I am not surprised. This is in line with high handed decisions of IB. Our markets are open on Jan 1st and the platform should be available for trading."system maintenance scheduled in line with international exchange holidays" is no reason to refuse trading to us in India.

Need to take up this matter with NSE and SEBI to see what their reaction is to this dictat.

Smart_trade