Interactive Brokers

@ST Interactive Brokers order in multiples of 50 for NIFTY

Hi ST,
I started trading in dummy account . When I place order for NIFTY I get options in multiples of 50.
50,100,150.... which effectively mean 1,2,3 contracts.

Do you experience the same ?

Re: @ST Interactive Brokers order in multiples of 50 for NIFTY

Hi ST,
I started trading in dummy account . When I place order for NIFTY I get options in multiples of 50.
50,100,150.... which effectively mean 1,2,3 contracts.

Do you experience the same ?
Yes 50 means 1 contract or 1 Lot, 100 means 2 contracts ,150 means 3 contracts ...so on and so forth...

Good to know that you opened account with IB...now I will have someone to bother with my basic questions...:D Welcome...

ST

Have you guys tried adding NIFTY50-NSE-I-INR in Ami and used IB to get the data for it. I have both futures and spot NIFTY added in Ami, but the chart does not get updated for the spot for some reason in real time, actually it does not get updated at all (If I close Ami and open it gets backfilled upto the last minute, but it does not update real time after that). However, for futures everything is fine. For spot I see that the rates update in the real-time quote window also, but there is no updation on the charts?

Same with Banknifty Index/spot and futures, futures updates, but not the spot.

Any solutions? Am I missing something?

Last edited:
it is cheap to trade options with ib but for futures their taxes are very high . they charge as much as 300 for one lot of nifty as tax and other charges is this happening tome only .please help

arcus

Another negative point is they dont want any dormant accounts. So after initial period of 3 months, even if one does not trade in a month, they expect that the account should generate atleast US $ 5 as min brokerage. So even if one does not trade, Rs 260-270 will be charged to the account as min brokerage.

Plus point is on intraday trades in futures, they charge 1 paisa brokerage on one leg only....so effectively it is half paisa brokerage. Their transaction charges are just Rs 200 per crore of transactions.....

There are plus points, there are minus points ...each one has to take a call considering both plus and minus points and the use of these facilities in our trading...

Just putting positive and negative points as someone asked the views.....

ST
ST, are you trading overseas markets with IB as well?

Can you please tell the brokerage for trading options on NSE at IB.

Thanks