Interactive Brokers

praveen98

Yet to start trading. Will post once I start in next 1-2 days . Bracketed orders facility for NSE FO is there...so one order triggers , the other gets cancelled....that I have seen in actual orders and trades in live demo....

For their platform , go to www.interactivebrokers.co.in there are pretty good videos and tutorials in education section, recorded seminars too.....have a look.

ST
Smart_trade Sir,
Recently Bulls eye broker released a RT pnf charting software, which requires IB /esignal data feed ...Can we take data from IB tws and integrate it with BEB5, as you already have opened an account with IB ...Can you download the trial version of BEB5 and try it for me...if it works i will also open an account with IB.
What will be data charges of NSE fno in IB sir...
How is the trading experience with IB sir...
Sorry if i caused any inconvenience to you by asking this favor
Thank you in advance,
Regards,
praveen

How is the margin requirements for multi-leg options strategy? Are the options treated as individual positions OR is the maximum potential loss seen in multi-leg positions.
(I am asking for IB India)

e.g. Sell Call 5500 + Sell Put 5500 (same expiry): In this case will i have to put up margin for 2 options OR 1 option (since it will be impossible that i will be on the loosing side of both the above options at expiry)

Thanks
VK

1. IB is very document specific, the documentation must be in proper order.
2. Leverage is two times the cash deposited and 50% of the stocks in account, still need to check the same.
3. Phone support on India is somewhat limited, teh representatives have to pass on calls to their "experienced personnel" who are normally the sales guys.
4. TWS standalone platform is good, need to note over here is that basic platform provides 100 simultaneous quotes if you require more need to purchase quote booster packs.
5. Platform is based upon JAVA hence its very resource hungry, need a good system with atleast 4Gb memory.
6. Integration with Amibroker is a charm and seamless.
7. IB throttles (blocks) backfill quotes if there are more than a cetain number of requests within one minute, trying to workaround the same.
8. Backfill is available on tick for last 24 hrs.

I had to complete few more documentations.....and a bit of relaxed efforts from my side considering the kind of markets we were in some time back, the account is still not operational.

Now yesterday I had couriered all the necessary documentation....hopefully will start by end of this week/ early next week.

But there are many videos on their site. One can see videos on TWS, Charting, the type of orders, automated trading etc.....

Smart_trade

I had to complete few more documentations.....and a bit of relaxed efforts from my side considering the kind of markets we were in some time back, the account is still not operational.

Now yesterday I had couriered all the necessary documentation....hopefully will start by end of this week/ early next week.

But there are many videos on their site. One can see videos on TWS, Charting, the type of orders, automated trading etc.....

Smart_trade
Me too in same state..Felt They are very particular about documentation.Good in one sense.. Not couriered yet. :)..

Interactive Brokers account opened, operational and funded.

Their Trader Workstation can be configured in many ways.....some configurations are too sophisticated and may look little difficult but I have configured it in a very simple ( though looks unattractive) way ...

Their charts are good.They can be saved in a template, multiple charts in one window. They have simple studies like MA,EMA, RSI,MACD,Bollinger bands etc....but if one is trading with some special AFL or custom indicator, then one has to go for their advanced solutions but as I dont need any special indicator ( apart from some simple MAs ) looks fine for me.

They have a feature called Chart Trader in which one can send the order, cancel / modify order from the chart screen....this is a big help for people who trade short timeframes, One can trade without loosing concentration from the chart and toggling between charts, quotes and order windows. Order placement, modification, cancellation all very easy and user friendly.Bracketed order facility is there.

On negative side they are too strict on compliance no deviation from their set standard norms ( in a way it is good for the clients also )......and the money transfer in by NEFT so we dont get instant credit like net transfer.

Overall good initial experience/impressions ......more will come to know when will get into actual heat of the trading.....hoping for no unpleasant surprises..:D

Smart_trade

smart_trade ji, are you nri? If not then can you kindly confirm if resident indians account opened by IB, consist of free access to market data of international exchanges like cme, comex , nymex as well.

smart_trade ji, are you nri? If not then can you kindly confirm if resident indians account opened by IB, consist of free access to market data of international exchanges like cme, comex , nymex as well.
I am a resident Indian and not a NRI.

I get access to NSE /BSE cash ,derivatives and rupee denominated forex contracts traded on NSE. I get both data and charts for the segments I am activated for.

Interactice Brokers have a news and data service which may give market data for CME,COMEX,NYMEX ( I am not too sure on this ) but that is a paid service and I have not subscribed to that as I don't trade these markets.

Happy trading.....

Smart_trade

Last edited: