Insights & Inspiration

DSM

Samruddhi - Rivesh Vade

Water does not struggle to flow. Grass does not struggle to grow. Wind does not struggle to blow. Sun does not struggle to shine. Earth does not struggle to rotate and flowers do not struggle to bloom. Moral? Struggle is unnatural. Give up the struggle once and for all. Let go of paddles. Trust the source energy will guide you downstream to your desire..... and start enjoying the trip. The above concepts are not urging non-action in the sense of lethargy or laziness, but rather condemning activity contrary to nature. It is not idleness but work without effort, anxiety and complication, work which goes with and not against prosperity that is praised. A common misconception you might have is that you get what you want in life through actions you take, by what you do. The fact is, this belief actually causes you to create struggle from a sense of lack.

You will probably find that around 90% of your actions are spent trying to compensate for inappropriate thoughts and beliefs. The problem is that most of us are preoccupied with 'doing' and unfortunately most of our doing involves struggle. We place a tremendous value on doing because in our culture and upbringing, we are condition to be action oriented. So we can become so busy 'doing' that we do not realize that all this 'doingness' causes you to create in reverse. You might agree that most of your actions are really out of fear, worry or doubt. because you believe that nothing will get done unless YOU DO SOMETHING. In other words, you are trying to force your desire into manifestation through action. If your decision to DO is dominant, then you will focus on what you want to BE in the present. Here's a secret.... It is your intent, NOT your action that makes things happen for you. By allowing yourself to focus on what you desire until you feel the positive energy begin to move within you, you can reduce the need for action to the very minimum. Energy focused on what you desire that is not based on fear, doubt, anxiety, worry or need. When you focus on what you want instead of what you don't want, you will know when it is time to take action. And when you take action, it will be effortless. At that time, there is no effort, no strain and no pain...

What you want to do is to leverage your energy… the same energy that creates everything in the universe. However you can get so caught up in the reality of WHAT IS in present situation which you feel you must create everything on your own through mental effort and physical activity. You might have seen people who seem to have amazing and wonderful things in their life without much efforts. Unfortunately, those who work the hardest usually have the least because they have not learnt how to leverage their energy. They are trying to live their life the hard way. This is not surprising because you have also been programmed that in order to have what you desire you must work hard. How many times you have heard the phrase ‘No pain, no gain?’ The implication is that if you want to make something of yourself, you must work hard. Here is the truth : Any time you are struggling, you are living and operating from a sense of lack. Anytime you feel pain or struggle, your magnetic point of attraction is directed to that which you do not want, rather than to what you desire. To achieve anything in life, action is necessary, but they must be the last component of the creation process. Remember, the creation of anything is through vibration. In nature, everything vibrates, and it is by that vibration that we harmonize and attract experiences to ourselves. So before you act or do anything first ask yourself ‘how are my vibrations?’ How do you know the answer? You can tell by how you feel. Your feeling show your vibrations. How you feel determines what you attract in life.

So when you put yourself in the process of creating by only focusing on what you want instead of what you don’t want, this puts you in a state of ‘effortless doing’. We are conditioned to believe that life is supposed to be hard, and that struggle means you are courageous and strong. Samruddhi is about learning how to give up the struggle. Struggle is trying to rearrange the world so that it aligns with the way you think it should be. It is the greatest source of unhappiness in our world today. It happens we focus on what we don’t have instead of feeling grateful for what we do have. The lack of awareness, the denial or more accurately the resistance to your true nature is what keeps you struggling. Allow your nature to manifest. When we resist something, we increase the amount of struggle in our lives and this in turn increases how much scarcity we experience. When we operate from a scarcity mindset, we operate from rigidity. Lack creates anxiety. Anxiety creates rigidity. Energy does not flow when we are rigid. Life becomes smaller. Shifting our thinking to ‘enough’ – enough time, money, health, wellness, contribution whatever it may be – gives us the permission to relax. We can be in the arena and connect with success. Our society is bombarded with scarcity mindset i.e a belief that there is a limited supply, or never enough. Whatever you direct your scarcity mindset towards is what you believe there is limited supply of. Thus if you have scarcity mindset around money, you believe there is a limited supply of money. Even if there is a limited supply of money in your bank account does not mean you are limited in how much money you can manifest in your life.

Affirmation for clearing of lack : I release the feeling of lack and scarcity in life and release it. I completely accept, love and forgive myself. I allow myself to feel resourceful and prosperous. Awareness is another step in healing lack of money and prosperity mindset. Believe in abundance. The easiest way to do this is to start noticing abundance in your life. You can find abundance everywhere in nature. For e.g when you wake up : is there enough air in the room for you to breath? Notice the abundance of air in your life. Go for a walk on a beach, trail, and see the abundance of beauty around you. If you have healthy children, notice the abundance of well-being in your life. There are lots of ways to do it. So start noticing abundance and you will start to expect it. Feel gratitude and be thankful for it.

Also we have to learn to make decision from love, not fear. Most people make financial decision from a place of fear. For e.g a person will compromise on quality or buy cheap and hence make a decision based on fear. It’s coming from a place – of I don’t want to run out of money. But if you really want to be successful, and make your decision from a heart centered place, you would make the choice to honor yourself and feel successful which will put you in a better state. Our bodies are a barometer. If we tune into our body, it will tell us when we are resisting something. To move out of this, we need to raise our consciousness.

DSM

DSM

DSM

Thanks Amit, Catch22

I post some of the wonderful things that I come across, which gives me joy. Thanks/No thanks, stars for thread etc. - these are irrelevant. I came across a profound quote once : Should a nightingale stop singing because there is no one to thank it? So, appreciation is welcome, but even if not, it does not matter - I share (pun intended) :) for my own selfish reason - that it gives me joy. :) :) :)

Catch22

Thanks Amit, Catch22

I post some of the wonderful things that I come across, which gives me joy. Thanks/No thanks, stars for thread etc. - these are irrelevant. I came across a profound quote once : Should a nightingale stop singing because there is no one to thank it? So, appreciation is welcome, but even if not, it does not matter - I share (pun intended) :) for my own selfish reason - that it gives me joy. :) :) :)
Dear DSM , I knew you would reply thus ..It honestly helps,to read these . Thanks ever so much , for all the time you spend and how you share ,the wonderful materials . Many will read and re read, and will be wishing You , your family and to all those you care for ,Peace & Happiness ,Good health and wealth".Wish I could write better and frame sentences well. And for the likes of us thanks button would have been useful. :)

This is an article I came across, It is touching ‘because this was done 10 years ago..And meantime children would have been born ,grown accustomed to the sounds of guns and may be holding fire arms themselves .Which is so sad , Here Julia Bacha had told how the peaceful efforts that are made are not given enough attention by the media ..
Hope this finds relevance in this wonderful thread .

https://www.ted.com/talks/julia_bacha

Julia Bacha:When I travel with my work across Europe and the United States, one question always comes up: Where is the Palestinian Gandhi? Why aren't Palestinians using nonviolent resistance? The challenge I face when I hear this question is that often I have just returned from the Middle East where I spent my time filming dozens of Palestinians who are using nonviolence to defend their lands and water resources from Israeli soldiers and settlers. These leaders are trying to forge a massive national nonviolent movement to end the occupation and build peace in the region. Yet, most of you have probably never heard about them. This divide between what's happening on the ground and perceptions abroad is one of the key reasons why we don't have yet a Palestinian peaceful resistance movement that has been successful. So I'm here today to talk about the power of attention, the power of your attention, and the emergence and development of nonviolent movements
When I first heard about the story of Budrus, I was surprised that the international media had failed to cover the extraordinary set of events that happened seven years ago, in 2003. What was even more surprising was the fact that Budrus was successful. The residents, after 10 months of peaceful resistance, convinced the Israeli government to move the route of the barrier off their lands and to the green line, which is the internationally recognized boundary between Israel and the Palestinian Territories. The resistance in Budrus has since spread to villages across the West Bank and to Palestinian neighborhoods in Jerusalem. Yet the media remains mostly silent on these stories. This silence carries profound consequences for the likelihood that nonviolence can grow, or even survive, in Palestine.
Violent resistance and nonviolent resistance share one very important thing in common; they are both a form of theater seeking an audience to their cause. If violent actors are the only ones constantly getting front-page covers and attracting international attention to the Palestinian issue, it becomes very hard for nonviolent leaders to make the case to their communities that civil disobedience is a viable option in addressing their plight.
I believe that at the core of ending the conflict in the Middle East and bringing peace is for us to transform nonviolence into a functional behavior by giving a lot more attention to the nonviolent leaders on the ground today. In the course of taking my film to villages in the West Bank, in Gaza and in East Jerusalem, I have seen the impact that even one documentary film can have in influencing the transformation.
In a village called Wallajeh, which sits very close to Jerusalem, the community was facing a very similar plight to Budrus. They were going to be surrounded, lose a lot of their lands and not have freedom of access, either to the West Bank or Jerusalem. They had been using nonviolence for about two years but had grown disenchanted since nobody was paying attention. So we organized a screening. A week later, they held the most well-attended and disciplined demonstration to date. The organizers say that the villagers, upon seeing the story of Budrus documented in a film, felt that there were indeed people following what they were doing, that people cared. So they kept on going.
On the Israeli side, there is a new peace movement called Solidariot, which means solidarity in Hebrew. The leaders of this movement have been using Budrus as one of their primary recruiting tools. They report that Israelis who had never been active before, upon seeing the film, understand the power of nonviolence and start joining their activities. The examples of Wallajeh and the Solidariot movement show that even a small-budget independent film can play a role in transforming nonviolence into a functional behavior. Now imagine the power that big media players could have if they started covering the weekly nonviolent demonstrations happening in villages like Bil'in, Ni'lin, Wallajeh, in Jerusalem neighborhoods like Sheikh Jarrah and Silwan -- the nonviolent leaders would become more visible, valued and effective in their work.
I believe that the most important thing is to understand that if we don't pay attention to these efforts, they are invisible, and it's as if they never happened. But I have seen firsthand that if we do, they will multiply. If they multiply, their influence will grow in the overall Israeli-Palestinian conflict. And theirs is the kind of influence that can finally unblock the situation. These leaders have proven that nonviolence works in places like Budrus. Let's give them attention so they can prove it works everywhere.
PS ; The video ,is really good and more effective ,hopefully a good watch on a free week end .

Last edited:

DSM

Catch22,

Thanks for your post. I put on BBC/CNN this morning for 5 minutes to get the headlines.... There was news of beheading of another journalist and violence in the mid-east. While it made me grateful to think that we can live in peace and go about our daily lives, the happenings in Iraq, Syria, Israel, Palestine etc. is truly heartbreaking. I received a very sad, email with pics. depicting the atrocities that are being committed daily..... it's brutality beyond description. Even animals will not behave in the manner that we humans behave - its brother against brother. Man being the very worst of what he/she can be. Sad to say.

And that is why, I think it is important to be thankful/grateful/appreciate the positive things that we have in our life. Just like we need to have bath everyday, we need to live inspired everyday. Amit's thread is one good way to start the day. I hope to contribute by sharing a small bit of what I can.

Here's one good quote by Osho on life :

Life repeats itself mindlessly - unless you become mindful, it will go on repeating like a wheel. That's why Buddhists call it the wheel of life and death, the wheel of time. It moves like a wheel: birth is followed by death, death is followed by birth; love is followed by hate, hate is followed by love; success is followed by failure, failure is followed by success. Just see! If you can watch just for a few days, you will see a pattern emerging. One day, a fine morning, you are feeling so good and so happy, and another day you are so dull, so dead. And just the other day you were so full of life, so blissful that you were feeling thankful to God, that you were in a mood of deep gratefulness, and today there is great complaint and you dont see the point why one should go on living.... And life goes on and on, but you don't see the pattern. Once you see the pattern, you can get out of it.

And meantime children would have been born ,grown accustomed to the sounds of guns and may be holding fire arms themselves .Which is so sad.

Catch22

Life repeats itself mindlessly - unless you become mindful, it will go on repeating like a wheel. That's why Buddhists call it the wheel of life and death, the wheel of time. It moves like a wheel: birth is followed by death, death is followed by birth; love is followed by hate, hate is followed by love; success is followed by failure, failure is followed by success. Just see! If you can watch just for a few days, you will see a pattern emerging. One day, a fine morning, you are feeling so good and so happy, and another day you are so dull, so dead. And just the other day you were so full of life, so blissful that you were feeling thankful to God, that you were in a mood of deep gratefulness, and today there is great complaint and you dont see the point why one should go on living.... And life goes on and on, but you don't see the pattern. Once you see the pattern, you can get out of it.

And meantime children would have been born ,grown accustomed to the sounds of guns and may be holding fire arms themselves .Which is so sad.
Yes , very true .Thanks a lot :)
Let this thread remain here .Thanks and other stuffs don't really matter .As long as one can spread cheer , peace and awareness around .Hope you guys concentrate on your trades as well .Creating wealth,in a decent manner is equally important in this world to be worthy.Best of luck with your trades .Take care:)

DSM

Here's How Your Attitude Affects Your Success - GEOFFREY JAMES

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-your-attitude-affects-your-success-2014-9

Edited excerpt :

Your attitude defines and delimits your level of success. If you have a generally lousy attitude, you'll never really be successful. If you have a generally upbeat attitude, however, you'll always achieve at least some level of success. Your attitude determines how you interpret what events mean. Take obstacles, for example. Everyone who pursues any goal will inevitably run into obstacles. Your attitude determines what those obstacles mean and therefore how well you deal with them.

If you have a lousy attitude, you'll see obstacles as threats and annoyances. Even if you overcome them, you'll find the process frustrating, which will make future obstacles harder to cope with. If you've got a positive attitude, you'll see obstacles as interesting or even fun. Even if you fail to overcome them, you'll find the process invigorating, which will make future obstacles easier to overcome.

I ran into (or, more actually, almost ran into) a perfect example of this the other day. I was trying to find a parking space in a covered car lot. Suddenly, another car zipped around a blind corner and we would have crashed if we both hadn't quickly braked.

Same event. My first thought was: "Wow, I'm sure glad that we (meaning me and the other driver) have fast reflexes!" I'm not exactly sure what the other driver thought, but she gave me the single-finger salute accompanied by an expletive.

Same event, different attitude. Now, it's never pleasant to be the target of that kind of animosity, but my next thought was to feel sorry for her. She was in a small car with four kids and clearly having a horrible day. (I felt sorry for the kids, too.) Clearly still furious, she drove off even faster than she'd been driving before. I, however, slowed down because I took the almost-accident as a warning that I needed to pay more attention to my driving.

Same event, different attitude, opposite outcome.

The outcome for the other driver was an action that made her drive more dangerously and thus increase the possibility that she'd actually have a fender-bender next time. My outcome was to make me a better driver.
Everything in business is exactly like this. Stuff happens. Your attitude determines how you interpret and experience those events, and therefore strategies and tactics you'll follow in the future.

This is not to say that people who suffer from lousy attitudes don't win sometimes. They do, but it's always with massive hassle and complaint. When they finally win, they feel exhausted. Similarly, having an upbeat attitude doesn't bulletproof you against failure. You'll fail sometimes, but your attitude makes it easy to learn from your mistakes. And when you do win, you feel exhilarated.

Some people believe that their lousy attitude is part of who they are. Not so. As I explain in "How to Create a Positive Attitude," your attitude is something that you're doing. It's not a character trait. Regardless of what you do for a living, your real job — the foundation of what you will or won't accomplish — is your attitude. The more upbeat you are, the more likely you are to be successful at whatever you do.