India wins over NSG

pkjha30

My HERO is Mrs Indira Gandhi,in my university days seen how India converted East Pakistan to Bangladesh,being at Kolkata could feel the War,how we went almost to Lahore.Reading heroes from book did'nt inspire much than Mrs Gandhi.There is a Book (still banned in our country),a compilation of International Reporters personal eye witnessing atrocites of West Pakistan's military on East Pakistan.

After that became a Fan of Dr Manmohan Singh,when he was Finance Minister under Learned P.V.Narasimha Rao.India LEAPED forward being 55 yrs now could starkly see the improvement of the quality of Life can feel the difference.

Seen how Sam Pitroda under Rajiv Gandhi changed the nation organically in Telecom .
Computers are now an extension not a gadget any more.

This Nuclear thing .............,can envisage how you are going to be counted amongst the Best of the Best,even Soniaji faltered,but the Learned Sarder put his put down & the shrewd Bengali say that the last lap's hurdle is crossed.

Incidentally i am blessed with a grandson recently,they have born to be treated as EQUAL.

N.B.Plz do not by any chance feel that i am a congress supporter.

Congrats for becoming Grandfather.

Your grandson is lucky to be born in such optimistic times.

I too believe , for all its shortcomings, that Nuclear deal is in right direction. And Manmohan singh and Pranab Mukherjee deserve the appreciation. But final word on deal is far from over.It will depend on how we carry it forward and become full member of NSG on equal terms as Nuclear weapons state, which seem to have sanctity not allowed to others. Nuclear apartheid but rightly so in view of terrorist threats.India's record is far far better than many nuclear weapons state including USA and China and even Russia.

All that you mentioned about previous changes are something which I also believe, but then those were the times when seminal changes took place world over.That may not be sufficient to make one a congress supporter let alone branding one a congressee, which could be the worst abuse one can throw at a man, since it is so synonymous with all that is wrong with the country.Not that others including BJP , SP , BSP and Left fare any better. Congress has to take a large share of blame since it was mostly in power and largely responsible for certain ill conceived decisions due to spineless leaders.

pk:)

praveen taneja

I want to know one thing from all of u NSG supporters that if it is better then why most of the nations spending on wind energy n solar energy.China n russia out of there energy investment bill spend almost 40% in that n v are congratulating each other for the thing which v hav to arrange with paying huge sum.Really sad to see in Media that we will buy from France n Shop from Russia n all that why not v invest in solar energy n wind energy in vast sea n Rajasthan n kutch desert.It would b less investment n control in our hand instead of NSG with a stick in hand n one word "BEWARE" in mouth.sorry if i hurt someone ,thought if u are discussing something i must share my view .Thanx

pkjha30

I want to know one thing from all of u NSG supporters that if it is better then why most of the nations spending on wind energy n solar energy.China n russia out of there energy investment bill spend almost 40% in that n v are congratulating each other for the thing which v hav to arrange with paying huge sum.Really sad to see in Media that we will buy from France n Shop from Russia n all that why not v invest in solar energy n wind energy in vast sea n Rajasthan n kutch desert.It would b less investment n control in our hand instead of NSG with a stick in hand n one word "BEWARE" in mouth.sorry if i hurt someone ,thought if u are discussing something i must share my view .Thanx
Well ,If you mean me by "if i hurt someone" then rest assured you are mistaken.

I am neither supporting nor opposing N Deal.It has to be objective discussion and may be some sentiments here and there, which needs to be ignored.

Its good that you have raised the question of non conventional energy , especially wind energy.I hope someone discusses this issue at length. I don't think there could be much competition between non conventional and nuclear energy. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages.

As such Nuclear energy may not contribute much to the total energy production during next decade. Wind and solar or others are in similar position.There can be no dispute in the proposition that India should invest more in wind energy.I think we should leave that to corporate sector to work that out as that will be a better implementation plan since it may not require much investment and key technologies could be developed ingeniously.However I must point out that at present legislative arrangement and corporate initiatives , both, are sorely lacking. We still have a long way to go in reforms in T&D and distribution of power is largely in Govt sector and where ever it is in private sector, they have failed miserably to live up to the standards, and that includes Delhi, Mumbai. Reasons may be different. One needs to address these aspect.

The question involved in Nuke deal is ending the technological isolation ,discrimination and sanction that India faces. In that respect India will gain whether we buy from France or Russia or from USA.Its a bitter truth despite all our professed scientific talent and achievement we still depend on critical technologies from other advanced nations.

But I believe that here the issue should be discussed and its possible fallout on the market

pk:)

pkjha30

So finally US Congress approves 123.But France was off the mark first with inking of Nuclear Deal.That certainly put pressure on USA facing its unprecedented Financial crisis.Deal with USA may be inked later. Russia is already in advance stage of Nuclear Deal. Time will only tell in what direction this agreement takes India.
The United States Senate on Wednesday overwhelmingly approved a legislation on the landmark Indo-US nuclear deal, paving the way for its operationalisation, four days after the House of Representatives gave its nod for it.

The Berman Bill H R 7081, named after Howard Berman, a Democrat strongly opposed to the deal on non-proliferation grounds and who converted only a couple of days back, was adopted with 86 voting for and 13 against.

The Senate also rejected the killer amendments introduced by Democratic Senators Byron Dorgan and Jeff Bingaman to ensure that the US nuclear exports to India do not help boost New Delhi's nuclear weapons programme.

With the 100-member Senate approving the Bill, the Indo-US civil nuclear deal is now ready for signing between the two countries. US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice , who was slated to arrive in New Delhi on October 2, has reportedly rescheduled her visit and is expected on Saturday.

Rice may ink the agreement with External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee, a feat that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and President George W Bush could not achieve when they met at the White House on Friday last.
Source :Rediff

devangan123

our govt is paying RS. 13 per unit of electricity which will get reduced by 4 paisa every year for electricity generated by solar energy as a encouragement for green power . and this electricity is get sold normally around RS. 2-4 per unit

Still not many companies coming forward due to high investment in solar energy plant setup . Do you think ever after that our govt. is wrong .

Very easy to commend some one

Devan

pkjha30

Indo-France Nuclear Agreement
France and India have decided to give a new impetus to their cooperation for the development of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes as an expression of their strategic partnership.

Both sides recognize that as a reliable source of sustainable and on-polluting energy. It could make a significant contribution to meeting the global challenge of achieving energy security, sustainable development, economic growth and limiting climate change.

As responsible states with advanced nuclear technologies, including in the nuclear fuel cycle, France and India are interested to promote nuclear energy with the highest standards of safety and security and in accordance with their respective nuclear policies and international obligations.

France and India share common concerns and objectives in the field of non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and their means of delivery including in view of possible linkages to terrorism.(reference to Pak Nuclear Programme)

Building on their on-going decades-old cooperation in the fields of fundamental and applied research, and nuclear safety, it was agreed to broaden and boost this partnership.

Towards this end, a "Co-operation agreement Between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the French Republic on the Development of Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy" was signed on 30th September 2008.

This agreement will form the basis of wide ranging bilateral cooperation from basic and applied research to full civil nuclear cooperation including reactors, nuclear fuel supply, nuclear safety, radiation and environment protection and nuclear fuel cycle management.

Source: Times of India

kkseal

I will be very happy if India becomes the pioneer in generating Nuclear Power from Thorium. This element is abundantly available in our country & dependence on others for supply of Uranium will no longer be necessary. However, a major portion of the necessary equipment & machinery will still have to be imported.

U

uasish

If being isolated & denied by the world at large from any type of Nuclear Technology we could demostrate our Weapons grade Hi-Tech Nuclear Capabilities to the world on their face,is'nt it prudent for them to acknowledge it now & allow a sit beside them ?
Only a Fool does the opposite.
Some World Organisation has declared to-day the 2nd Oct to be some type of World day.
Wait & watch everywhere there will be acknowledgement for India.
Treat us Equals ; only fools dread not to do that.

U

uasish

I remember distinctly at the time of signing the WTO treaty that India is succumbing to pressure was the slogan.

One Mr Kamalnath has worked fiercely with singular Focus and can we now see the difference,the developed countries BACKED OUT,the voice against them at WTO forum is rallied BY India.
When India speaks in that very forum WTO ;World listens,a paradigm change,the Trade ministers world over vouches & stands up for Mr Kamalnath.
We have arrived.

pkjha30

If being isolated & denied by the world at large from any type of Nuclear Technology we could demostrate our Weapons grade Hi-Tech Nuclear Capabilities to the world on their face,is'nt it prudent for them to acknowledge it now & allow a sit beside them ?
Only a Fool does the opposite.
Some World Organisation has declared to-day the 2nd Oct to be some type of World day.
Wait & watch everywhere there will be acknowledgement for India.
Treat us Equals ; only fools dread not to do that.
Amen to that :)