Important Posts by Smart Trade_ Part1

Gaur_Krishna

Originally Posted by Somatung

Sir ST

In my opinion/experience your comment is very much related to volatility in the market:

Low volatility = Lower targets / tightener stop loss
High volatility = Bigger targets / wider stop loss

No 100% rule as even side way markets can have high volatility, but surely one thing to keep in mind when deciding any target in any market traded.

================
Originally Posted by pakatil View Post
It is not just volatality, but amplitude of volatality that matters in deciding Targets.

================
Very true. The 60 min 15 period ATR (Average True Range ) for Bank Nifty Futures which was over 100 in Jan 2014 has now dropped to 70 and 15 min 15 period ATR is down to 30-40 . We have to therefore reduce our targets for profit booking too.

Smart_trade

Gaur_Krishna

Originally Posted by pcj1947 View Post
Continuous loosing trades Just wish to have discipline to continue trading. Any views on early exits, maybe exit at lower first target than being done at 90 at present?

================

BNF is in sideways phase and most moves these days are 30-50 points after which the move ends. So 90 points first target is good in trends but in sideways market it is difficult to get 90 points move.

Once the trends start, market will give large moves but till then we have to take what the market gives.35-40 points first target looks a better target in sideways phase, you can shift to 90 once the trend starts.

Smart_trade

Gaur_Krishna

Originally Posted by pcj1947 View Post
Holding 1 lot Long at EOD 5th Feb 2014

================

Please dont take it as a criticism but I have not understood how does max move and max points help ? Max point has no relevence because how do we know that the market will reverse from this point , we cannot know that . If these are considered as measure of system efficiency, I find that this method leaves a lot on the table ( making a loss when it is ahead over 100 points etc ) and many winning trades turn into loosers.

profits/loss booked at trailing stoploss points are for real and you are doing the same correctly.

You are trading the method very systematically , so no criticism ...but I always had this question in mind so put it here.I must be missing something and hence would like to get it clarified and hence this question.

Smart_trade

Gaur_Krishna

There was a 1 min TDST resistance in NF at 6085.Once that was taken out, market was set to go up.

Smart_trade

================

Originally Posted by manishchan View Post
ST Da : You mentioned about TDST resistance in 1 min NF today. Didn't understand that Please throw some light on that please.

===============
http://www.traderji.com/technical-an...system-22.html

http://www.traderji.com/technical-an...system-26.html

I have posted some old charts here on intraday trading with TDST.....I still use TDST levels as they are very accurate. Today we had a TDST resistance at 6085 and the market took resistance there twice...and when that level was taken out, the market was set up for an upmove which continued till the end.

Smart_Trade

================

Gaur_Krishna

Originally Posted by nirav_j View Post
NF daily clocked a 1 on the Sell setup ...
But price is still stuck in range. I think a break out/down of range should give a clear direction.

On weekly this week as of today is on a Buy setup 8, and a 1 of buy setup on the monthly.

What do you think ST bhai, whats the probability of such set ups giving either a break out or a break down ?

================

After a vote on account which had lots of financial adjustments, the market did not go down much.This was the first bullish indication today. Looking at the market movement my view is market will not go down much but till election we will see a steady rise with a few corrections in between. But market going below even 6000 looks difficult now. If BJP comes with clear majority, then we may see a fast continuation of upmove after the elections. But till elections, I am not expecting any big fall unless the external factors decide to do otherwise.

Smart_trade

Gaur_Krishna

The following methods work well in sideways markets :

1) Sideways market moves in upper and lower boundries , so sell near upper boundry,buy near lower boundry.

2) Any oscillator overbought/oversold areas.You may consider Stochastics, RSI etc

3) VWAP bands ( sell in resistance bands and buy in support bands).

4) TDST supports and resistances.

Smart_trade

Gaur_Krishna

TDST AFL which I am using is given below :

_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() );
ToolTip = "Open = " + O + "\nHigh = " + H + "\nLow = " + L + "\nClose = " + C;

_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("TD Systems");
// Parameters
ShowNumbers= ParamToggle("Show 1-8 Numbers","No|Yes", 1);
ShowTDPoints = ParamToggle("Show TD Points", "No|Yes", 1);
ShowTDST = ParamToggle("Show TD Setup Trend", "No|Yes", 1);
tdstsa = 0;
tdstba = 0;
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//********************************************** TD Points******************************************** ************************/
function TD_Supply()
{
return ( H > Ref(H, 1) AND H > Ref(H, -1) AND H > Ref(C, -2));
}
function TD_Demand()
{
return ( L < Ref(L, 1) AND L < Ref(L, -1) AND L < Ref(C, -2));
}
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// *********************************************** TD Sequential**************************************** ********************/
// *** Setup Buy Signal ***
//nine consecutive days closes less than the close four days earlier
Con = C < Ref( C, -4);
Buy9Bars = BarsSince(BarsSince(Con));
Buy9Signal = Buy9Bars == 9;

// *** Requirements ***
//The first day of the nine-day must be preceded by a close day immediately before it that is greater than OR equal to the Close four days earlier
Con = Ref(C, -9) >= Ref(C, -13);
Buy9Req = Buy9Signal AND Con;

// *** Intersection ***
// the high of either day 8 or day 9 is greater than or equal to the low three,four, five, six, OR seven days earlier
Con1 = (H >= Ref(L, -3)) OR ( Ref(H, -1) >= Ref(L, -3));
Con2 = (H >= Ref(L, -4)) OR ( Ref(H, -1) >= Ref(L, -4));
Con3 = (H >= Ref(L, -5)) OR ( Ref(H, -1) >= Ref(L, -5));
Con4 = (H >= Ref(L, -6)) OR ( Ref(H, -1) >= Ref(L, -6));
Con5 = (H >= Ref(L, -7)) OR ( Ref(H, -1) >= Ref(L, -7));

Buy9Intr = Buy9Req AND (Con1 OR Con2 OR Con3 OR Con4 OR Con5);
// *** Setup Sell Signal ***
//nine consecutive days closes greater than the Close four days earlier.
Con = C > Ref( C, -4);
Sell9Bars = BarsSince(BarsSince(Con));
Sell9Signal = Sell9Bars == 9;

// *** Requirements ***
//The first day of the nine-day must be preceded by a Close day immediately before it that is less than the Close four days earlier
Con = Ref(C, -9) < Ref(C, -13);
Sell9Req = Sell9Signal AND Con;

// *** Intersection ***
//the low of either day 8 or day 9 is less than or equal to the high three,four, five, six, OR seven days earlier
Con1 = (L <= Ref(H, -3)) OR ( Ref(L, -1) <= Ref(H, -3));
Con2 = (L <= Ref(H, -4)) OR ( Ref(L, -1) <= Ref(H, -4));
Con3 = (L <= Ref(H, -5)) OR ( Ref(L, -1) <= Ref(H, -5));
Con4 = (L <= Ref(H, -6)) OR ( Ref(L, -1) <= Ref(H, -6));
Con5 = (L <= Ref(H, -7)) OR ( Ref(L, -1) <= Ref(H, -7));

Sell9Intr = Sell9Req AND (Con1 OR Con2 OR Con3 OR Con4 OR Con5);
if(StrToNum(NumToStr(Buy9Intr))) Sell9Intr = False;
if(StrToNum(NumToStr(Sell9Intr))) Buy9Intr = False;
BuySignal = Flip(Buy9Intr, Sell9Intr);
// *** Buy Countdown ***
//With respect to a pending Buy Signal, the close must be less than the low two days earlier
Con = C < Ref(L, -2);
Buy13Count = Sum(Con AND BuySignal, BarsSince(Buy9Intr));
Buy13Signal = Buy13Count == 13;

// *** Sell Countdown ***
//with respect to a pending Sell Signal, the Close must be greater than the High two trading days earlier.
Con = C > Ref(H, -2);
Sell13Count = Sum(Con AND NOT BuySignal, BarsSince(Sell9Intr));
Sell13Signal = Sell13Count == 13;
//*********************************************** TD Sequential Plotting area *************************************************/
Plot(C, "", IIf(O>=C, colorRed, colorGreen), styleBar);
PlotShapes(IIf(Buy9Intr OR Sell9Intr, shapeDigit9, shapeNone),colorBlue, 0, H,
20);
if(ShowNumbers)
PlotShapes(IIf(Buy9Bars==1, shapeDigit1,
IIf(Buy9Bars==2, shapeDigit2,
IIf(Buy9Bars==3, shapeDigit3,
IIf(Buy9Bars==4, shapeDigit4,
IIf(Buy9Bars==5, shapeDigit5,
IIf(Buy9Bars==6, shapeDigit6,
IIf(Buy9Bars==7, shapeDigit7,
IIf(Buy9Bars==8, shapeDigit8,
IIf(Buy9Bars >9, shapeStar,shapeNone))))))))),colorGreen, 0, H, H*.0015);
if(ShowNumbers)
PlotShapes(
IIf(Sell9Bars==1, shapeDigit1,
IIf(Sell9Bars==2, shapeDigit2,
IIf(Sell9Bars==3, shapeDigit3,
IIf(Sell9Bars==4, shapeDigit4,
IIf(Sell9Bars==5, shapeDigit5,
IIf(Sell9Bars==6, shapeDigit6,
IIf(Sell9Bars==7, shapeDigit7,
IIf(Sell9Bars==8, shapeDigit8,
IIf(sell9bars>9, shapeStar,shapeNone))))))))),colorRed, 0, H, H*.0015);

Sell = Sell13Signal AND NOT BuySignal;
Buy = Buy13Signal AND BuySignal;
Sell = ExRem(Sell, Buy);
Buy = ExRem(Buy, Sell);
PlotShapes(Sell*shapeDownArrow, colorYellow, 0, H, -H*.001);
PlotShapes(Buy*shapeUpArrow, colorBrightGreen, 0, L, -L*.001);

if(StrToNum(NumToStr(BuySignal)))
bgColor = ColorRGB(0,66, 2);
else
bgColor = ColorRGB(66,2, 0);
//*********************************************** TD Points Plotting area *************************************************/
if(ShowTDPoints)
{
PlotShapes(TD_Supply()*shapeSmallCircle, colorRed, 0, H, H*.001);
PlotShapes(TD_Demand()*shapeSmallCircle, colorGreen, 0, L, -L*.001);
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
y0 = StrToNum(NumToStr(ValueWhen(TD_Demand(), L)));
x = LineArray(0, y0, (BarCount-1), y0);
Plot(x, "", colorGold, styleDashed);
y0 = StrToNum(NumToStr(ValueWhen(TD_Supply(), H)));
x = LineArray(0, y0, (BarCount-1), y0);
Plot(x, "", colorGold, styleDashed);
}
//*********************************************** TDST Plotting area *************************************************/
// ---------------->>>> Code from Dave <<<---------------------- //
if(ShowTDST)
{
tdstba =Cum(0);
tdstb = Null;
HHV9 = HHV(H,9);
for (i = 0; i < 10; i++) tdstba = Null;

for( i = 10; i < BarCount; i++ )
{
if (Buy9Bars == 9)
{
HHV_b = HHV9;
if (HHV_b > C[i-9])
tdstb = HHV_b;
else tdstb = C[i-9];

for (j = 0; j < 9; j++ )
tdstba[i-j] = tdstb;
}
else tdstba = tdstb;
}

tdstsa =Cum(0);
tdsts = Null;
LLV9 = LLV(L,9);
for (i = 0; i < 10; i++) tdstsa = Null;

for( i = 10; i < BarCount; i++ )
{
if (Sell9Bars == 9)
{
LLV_b = LLV9;
if (LLV_b < C[i-9])
tdsts = LLV_b;
else tdsts = C[i-9];

for (j = 0; j < 9; j++ )
tdstsa[i-j] = tdsts;
}
else tdstsa = tdsts;
}
Plot(tdstba, "TDSTb", colorBlue,styleStaircase | styleThick|styleDots);
Plot(tdstsa, "TDSTs", colorRed,styleStaircase | styleThick|styleDots);

}
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() );
_SECTION_END();