Important Posts by Smart Trade_ Part1

Gaur_Krishna

Pratap has written a TDST code which plots TDST lines on multiple timeframes in a single chart. I suggest that people can practice with TDST plotted by above AFL....once they master it then I will share multi timeframe TDST AFL.
For this AFL thanks to Pratap...my AFL coding expertise is big ZERO.

ST

================

Originally Posted by dell View Post
st da , thanks for reply , u are always there when we need some advice and help ....

sir is there any mechanical system is designed around tdst ?

also sir , is system type " bought on oversold and sell on overbought " works in long run ?

i have read pratap sir vwap theory and ur points to trade it and also practice it nearly three months , but sir how we convert it in a mechanical way ?

================

I am not a big follower of totally mechanical trading systems mainly because I have not found a fully mechanical system with low drawdowns,small stoplosses and high Reward to Risk ratio which I must have in all methods I trade. I always found that totally mechanical systems give mediocre results.But there are many who make a great success by trading totally mechanical systems and I admire them .No wish to start a debate of mechanical Vs discretionary .....

Smart_trade

=================

http://www.traderji.com/futures/91950-day-trading-futures-165.html#post936050

=================

Originally Posted by vssoma View Post
dear ST,
will this works with TF-5min only or will it work with lower TF like 1,2 and 3
because i'll work with lower time frames mostly.

================

It works with small timeframes of 1,2,3,10,15 min as well as 30,60 and daily and even weekly timeframes. Higher the timeframe ,larger stops and larger move,lesser trades....but it works beautifully on 1 and 3 min also.

Smart_Trade

================

Originally Posted by rockyrobust View Post
@ ST bro , are you using the AFL for this setup prepared by PERL [mostly available at online resources] or some other new AFL ?

================

This is done with an AFL which I posted few posts back. You have to go to parameters and make first 2 options (of show 1 to 8 nos and show TD points) as NO . This will give you clean chart.

I have Jesson Pearl AFL also which is good and you can use the same but it makes Ami very slow.

Smart_trade

================

Originally Posted by techtrader2 View Post
ST where is the multi time frame AFL for tdst by pratap?

================

Not posting till I am convinced that people trade with the single timeframe AFL well. I still use single TF .Let people put up charts to prove that they are using it...else one more addition to AFL bank.....AFLs dont make money, a trader handling the AFL makes money if he is a good trader..

Smart_trade
================

This AFL does not repaint nor it looks into the future. About TDST lines( Blue and Red lines ), the lines are drawn after 9 set up bars are complete and hence it has no possibility of repainting.About yellow lines I am not sure what these lines are...

Smart_trade

Gaur_Krishna

http://www.traderji.com/futures/91950-day-trading-futures-165.html#post936109

Yes, there was a TDST at 6079 on 1 min chart. But as TDST at 6085 was held for 2 earlier attempts, I mentioned 6085...but immediate TDST was at 6079 and on breaking that, market started trending up.

To clear your confusion, let us see how the trend changes. Suppose we are in a downtrend, market keeps going down and at some point the last seller has sold and there are no fresh sellers at that point and the market bottoms out. At this point it can go sideways and then either resume its downtrend or reverse into an uptrend. When the trend reverses, it always manifests itself on smaller timeframe of 1 min , then it manifests itself on 3 min, then 5 min then 15,30 min and so on. So various timeframes will have various TDST or support/resistance levels. We trade the levels of our timeframe but at some levels there are many TDSTs of various timeframes which converge...and that point assumes major importance as support/resistance.

The lower timeframe TDST levels can be used for trading in the direction of larger trend. So suppose we are trading a 30 min timeframe, we can add long positions on 3 or 5 min timeframes in the direction of larger 30 min trends. This way we can add with small stoploss and take advantage of 30 min trend with 3 min stoploss. This gives very good Reward to Risk ratio.Many times we trade on 5 min timeframe but finetune our entries with initial stoploss on 1 min pivot and once the initial entry is successful, we manage the trade on 5 min timeframe.....same logic here.

Hope the above helps in adding clarity to your thoughts.

Smart_trade

Gaur_Krishna

Originally Posted by Trader_PK View Post
RIP day traders .. Market aisa hi raha to bahut se day trader ki dukan band ho jayegee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TradeJoker View Post
RIP to swing traders too ... Last 2 months .. Worst

----------------
NF swing traders are doing no better...most will be in red net of brokerage this month.But we will always get few such months in a year.There were some bumper months also, so it balances out over a year.

Smart_trade

Gaur_Krishna

Originally Posted by SRJC View Post
Hi
It is not personal. For Algo trading you need to have nfcm certification.
What course u have completed to be eligible for this.
If it is ok, kindly brief me.
SRJC

----------------
NISM-Series-VIII: Equity Derivatives

This certification NSE needs for giving dealers terminal. This should be the exam for algo .

Smart_trade

Gaur_Krishna

Originally Posted by Cubt View Post
Smart ji,

I have a question, the backtest report I posted above is for Nifty spot, so when we start trading live in Nifty futures there will be difference in results due to premium and roll over right, so how do we handle this? Or how many points should I exclude from backtest result to get a clear picture? ?

Would be really helpful if u could provide some inputs on this??

----------------

Yes, there will be difference but over a long period of 1 year or so it will even out. In some months you will carry forward long positions by paying premiums and in some months you will carryover short positions by gaining premiums...so it will even out.

Smart_trade

----------------

Originally Posted by Cubt View Post
Thanks for ur input, when I backtested nifty futures for the same 6 year period, almost there is a difference of 6000 points. There r some days where nifty futures gives Buy signal where as spot does not give any change in signal, its bcoz of premium decay or change in premium during the trading hours.

So am confused, whether to use the same parameters that I used for nifty spot??? Bcoz of this my auto trade is on hold now.

Pls suggest ur inputs Smart ji.

----------------

6000 points on 6 years period or 1000 points per year is a huge difference. Not sure why such big difference because of premium adjustment.

As you are going to trade Nifty Futures,it is better to test the method on Nifty Fut.But your method should not be too much parameter sensitive, meaning it should not happen that with one set of parameters you get big profits and with a nearby set of parameters you get vastly reduced profits or a loss. This shows the robustness of the system.

Smart_trade

Gaur_Krishna

Originally Posted by RAAMAKANT View Post
Hi to all.
Though market was fallen yesterday, both BN and NF achieved the targets but I missed the
Entire Move miserably, as I was completely busy in office work from yesterday.........
Even I could not see a single live tick on my terminal today.........

----------------

It is difficult to do a job and daytrade and catch all the moves during the day. Job has lots of distractions like customers,meetings, phone calls,boss ( this is a big irritant ) , colleagues,subordinates , deadlines, targets etc.....

Smart_trade

Gaur_Krishna

Originally Posted by timepass View Post
Me, I shot myself in the foot again today, with another Rs. 3000 loss

Kept buying BNF puts on each stochastic divergence. But the price never really diverged much. So I managed to convert small profits of the morning to a huge loss.. I guess I won't be posting my daily report today.

---------------

Dont use stochastics in trending markets. In strong trends it will show divergence and the market will go on trading higher.

Overide all your systems if the price is not acting right. " Bhav Bhagwan Hai " is the ultimate truth in the market.

Go back to your trading small till you get your gearing back.

Good wishes,

Smart_trade

Gaur_Krishna

Originally Posted by arcus View Post
The Sensex chart of 2012-2014 looks pretty similar to the 1982-84 chart.
Even then we had this slow grinding slightly upward sloping channel for around 2-3 years.

----------------

Bull market always builds in slow grinding upmove. Only in the last leg of the bull market we have euphoric steep rise and in this phase cats and dogs start rising and every trader/investor with 2 months experience thinks that he is born to become new Warren Buffet or Michael Marcus and the blow off phase sows the seeds of next severe multi -year bear market. This sequence continues with predictable pattern.

Smart_trade

Gaur_Krishna

Originally Posted by Tlahuicole View Post
Seniors and friends,

Need advice on this,

How can we calculate annual projected returns with expectancy?

Winners % : 35

Loosers % : 65

R:R : 2.5:1

Expectancy = ( Probability of win X Average win ) - ( Probability of loss x
average loss )

Expectancy = 1/100[(35 X 2.5) - (65 X 1)]

Expectancy = 22.5/100

Expectancy = 0.225

So, suppose I take 4 - 5 trades a day on average and 20 trades per week and 1000 trades per year, what is the projected return per 1000 trades?

Can some one help out here? I need to calculate projected return per year for my new day trading system and compare it with my swing trading system.

----------------

The success rate of 35 % is low. Good systems have 45-65 % success rate. With 35 % success rate, out of 10 trades 6 will be wrong, it will be taxing on mind to trade such a system though the reward to risk of 2.5 is good.

ST

Gaur_Krishna

Originally Posted by Trader_PK View Post
TOday I book at 6400 ..and holding Bnf very small amount .. but just after that market zoomed.........now dont want to getin again fearing market may do dwn anytime ...will look to buy again tomorrow

ST da and pratap how did you handled this 6400 level?

----------------

Market did not break any bar's low after 6400 on 20 min bars...so it is trading higher with no threat to the upmove. Just remained long. Still long...

You could have entered again and caught the further move.

Smart_trade