Icons falling by the wayside

Indian icons and leaders are falling by the wayside , one by one

1. Sanjay Dutt : despite best efforts to get 'reformed'

2. Navjot Singh Sidhu : past has caught up with his misdeeds (sentencing on Wed, for a culpable homicide he was acquitted of , in 1999)

3. Salman Khan : well he has not so far fallen, but is 'reclining'

4. Shibhu Soren : a leader of questionable character

5. Who will this be ... Lalu ?

One thing for sure, I get a feeling we choose many of our icons emotionally rather than rationally

AGILENT:rolleyes:

P.S. Tendulkar should have learnt from Lance Armstrong ( Tour de France champ ) and retired when at the top ... now he must be regretting ... let's hope he does not get into the above list

2. Navjot Singh Sidhu : past has caught up with his misdeeds (sentencing on Wed, for a culpable homicide he was acquitted of , in 1999)

One thing for sure, I get a feeling we choose many of our icons emotionally rather than rationally

P.S. Tendulkar should have learnt from Lance Armstrong ( Tour de France champ ) and retired when at the top ... now he must be regretting ... let's hope he does not get into the above list

Ooops I forgot .... the first to go in recent years was Kanchi Jeyendra Saraswati, the Kanchi Seer !

(How could I ?)

AGILENT
Even as I write this, NDTV is narrating how Sidhu beat a 65 yr old man to death (Sidhu, in his defence, said that it was a minor scuffle ... sigh )

Ooops I forgot .... the first to go in recent years was Kanchi Jeyendra Saraswati, the Kanchi Seer !

(How could I ?)

AGILENT
Even as I write this, NDTV is narrating how Sidhu beat a 65 yr old man to death (Sidhu, in his defence, said that it was a minor scuffle ... sigh )
Just for the record, different papers are giving different versions of the incident ... not sure who was killed , the Uncle or the nephew , and whether it was prompted by overtaking tiff, or parking lot tiff

AGILENT

Waiting for the courts to pronounce sentencing on Sidhu,

Don't you guys marvel at his body language

I mean ... forget abt apology, or remorse, or anything of that kind ..... he is so cocky he wd like us to believe he has become a bigger hero after the guilty verdict.

All guys going in for interviews should learn from him. They will get the job thru sheer bravado and confidence

AGILENT

Waiting for the courts to pronounce sentencing on Sidhu,

Don't you guys marvel at his body language

I mean ... forget abt apology, or remorse, or anything of that kind ..... he is so cocky he wd like us to believe he has become a bigger hero after the guilty verdict.

All guys going in for interviews should learn from him. They will get the job thru sheer bravado and confidence

AGILENT

The sentence is only 3 yrs ... and will be stayed till he appeals

Wow ! He is now a super-hero ... earllier he was only a hero

AGILENT

Over 10 K members ..
but no one has any comment to offer on any of these Icons ??

Nothing on Soren ?
Nothing on Sanjay Dutt ?
Nothing on Tendulkar ?
Nothing on Sidhu ?

C'mon guys.... I know this is a trading forum.... but there is a life beyond stocks and shares, u know

Well obviously it needs a lot of prodding from my side to keep this thread going

So let me attempt by asking this forum .....

Do u think Tendulkar should quit now (after scoring the highest in the team in the last ODI) or should he hang on ... and still hope to recover his form (and risk more failures in the coming months)

I picked him from the original lot of icons (see first post) since he is the only one amongst them who still hasnt 'fallen by the wayside' ... but just might, if he does not get his act together

AGILENT
PS By the way, in ODIs , isn't one expected to score fast, instead of trying to stay put on the crease ?

Well, we do not choose them emotionally but its a rational decision of the sub-conscious. As we are comfortable with breaking laws, having our own way through it and are happy accepting/giving bribes but obviusly our icons have to have more bravado in comparison to us the commoners.

Are you suggesting that Tendulkar should have retired by performing his best by taking steriods and other banned performance enhancement drugs just in the manner Armstrong did?

While I agree that he should have retired in his prime like Gavaskar did, the metaphor is a bit contradictory as Armstrong himself is a fallen hero.

Best Regards,
--Ashish