Ichimoku Kinko Hyo trading system...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4xpipcounter

Linkon, I'm not sure if I mentioned this anywhere. I know you are one of the highly touted traders here at Traderji, but the thing I noticed is the flexibility of the ichimoku. I rely heavily on all TF's in making trading decisions, as well as other indicators. (My charts look like a mess by comparison to yours.) You are flexible with the settings, and you rely heavily on the chinkou, and yet of the 5 major indicators on ichi, the chinkou is the one I use the least.
I can only assume you are doing excellent in your trading. In essence, there is a vast difference in our personal mindsets and how we use the indicator, but it still produces the same result.

its 5 for TS (5 days a week)...
20 for KS (20 trading days a month...)
CS shifted 20 days to the left ( to see where price was, a month ago...
40 for kumo ( volatility over the last 2 months and point of control)

linkon7

Linkon, I'm not sure if I mentioned this anywhere. I know you are one of the highly touted traders here at Traderji, but the thing I noticed is the flexibility of the ichimoku. I rely heavily on all TF's in making trading decisions, as well as other indicators. (My charts look like a mess by comparison to yours.) You are flexible with the settings, and you rely heavily on the chinkou, and yet of the 5 major indicators on ichi, the chinkou is the one I use the least.
I can only assume you are doing excellent in your trading. In essence, there is a vast difference in our personal mindsets and how we use the indicator, but it still produces the same result.
Fact is... nothing is more important than resistance and support...rest all is just derived info...

If we see supply at a particular level... then it doesnt make sense to take a long just below this line... most PA traders respect this and Indicator based traders ignore this... that's the major difference in line of thinking that differentiates the two...

If we learn to respect simple trendlines and support / resistances... then we are ahead of PA guys by a mile...

vinst

Fact is... nothing is more important than resistance and support...rest all is just derived info...

If we see supply at a particular level... then it doesnt make sense to take a long just below this line... most PA traders respect this and Indicator based traders ignore this... that's the major difference in line of thinking that differentiates the two...

If we learn to respect simple trendlines and support / resistances... then we are ahead of PA guys by a mile...
PA trader?
I was reading only TA and FA.
Is PA their common assisstant? Just :rofl:

Anyway, please say what;s PA.

linkon7

PA trader?
I was reading only TA and FA.
Is PA their common assisstant? Just :rofl:

Anyway, please say what;s PA.
PA is Price Action... these breed are highly evolved traders who don't need indicators to base their action... just simple price and volume...

4xpipcounter

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is classic TL ichimoku stuff. The readers on my blog was wanting me to keep them up-to-date on the Dow. While it was still rising on Feb. 7th, I was warning them of an imminent reversal, because of extreme OB conditions on the tri-fecta. Along with the candle flying too high above the weekly chart, which is another sign of an OB condition.
Once the TL broke, it confirmed the downtrend, and as always, price gravitated back to the TL, while the TL now acts as R, and then we had the strong move south, again.
What irks me is this was forecasted long before the recent events in Japan, but the media moguls want to jump at the chance of using this and the conditions of the markets for there own profiteering.

vinst

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is classic TL ichimoku stuff. The readers on my blog was wanting me to keep them up-to-date on the Dow. While it was still rising on Feb. 7th, I was warning them of an imminent reversal, because of extreme OB conditions on the tri-fecta. Along with the candle flying too high above the weekly chart, which is another sign of an OB condition.
Once the TL broke, it confirmed the downtrend, and as always, price gravitated back to the TL, while the TL now acts as R, and then we had the strong move south, again.
What irks me is this was forecasted long before the recent events in Japan, but the media moguls want to jump at the chance of using this and the conditions of the markets for there own profiteering.
Let the media make profits.
Live and let live is a great principle.
Media want to get into pyjamas of everything and describe the gory details and link it with the snow fall on a mountain 2000km away. All this requires hard work. It should be appreciated ;) .
Why is it that all FA, PA, TA chaps want to deride media :mad: .
Do they spoil your accurate work? No, in fact they make it work by pulling in the crowds.
Since I have praised media, I am none of FA, PA, TA :(

4xpip: pls don't think that have ignored your Ichimoku analysis. I wait for it eagerly and read as it arrives.

4xpipcounter

Vinst, look at many of the posts in a site such as this one (I'm not trying to take a jab at anyone.). More often than not they have a handle on what direction to take in the markets, some news event hits, and then bail out.
Here's one of copious examples. I took a trade on the AUD/NZD after it's beginning spike UP to start the week. I was talking to someone, and he was going to do the same thing. Someone related that apir to what happened in Japan, and he chickens out. He has no trade, because he let the media scare him off. I'm over 100 pips up on the trade, because I traded according to my TA,s
I don't "deride" the media but I'm down on them, because they think they know more than they actually do, or they come off that way. Their job is to report what happens in the news, and not link it to the markets. Integrity is the central issue.
Anyone can look in the rear view mirror and say this happened because of that. It's easy to take events, link them together, and then draw any conclusion you want. It's an art to forecast the event before it happens, and the media has no inclination how to do that. They only report things after they happen, and in the news, that is really their job.
You're right! They don't spoil my accurate work. This is why nothing they say concerning the markets can be validated. I just want them to call a spade a spade. I want honesty, so I can depend on them. That's how it is in everyday life. That's just how things should be.
BTW, they don't spoil the TA's or PA's accurate work, so that makes what the media says inaccurate, because the accurate TA's and PA's are on the opposite sides of the fence, more often than not.
Let me say in the middle of what may appear to be a rant that experience will teach us some things. Follow the media with regards to the markets, and then follow any respected forecaster of the markets. When I started in 2004, I kept notes on all this stuff. I took no one's word for anything. I needed to in order to form honest personal convictions. I don't want to sound like I am gloating, but that is why I am doing well in my trading today.
Thanks, Vinst. I'm glad you are finding good in my forecasts. And, BTW. You praise the media, and I hold them in disdain with regards to the markets. We are on opposite sides of the fence along these lines. As long as we are doing well in our trading (That's what this site is all about.), that is what really counts. I've said it a lot. Trading is personal.

Let the media make profits.
Live and let live is a great principle.
Media want to get into pyjamas of everything and describe the gory details and link it with the snow fall on a mountain 2000km away. All this requires hard work. It should be appreciated ;) .
Why is it that all FA, PA, TA chaps want to deride media :mad: .

Do they spoil your accurate work? No, in fact they make it work by pulling in the crowds.
Since I have praised media, I am none of FA, PA, TA :(

4xpip: pls don't think that have ignored your Ichimoku analysis. I wait for it eagerly and read as it arrives.

vinst

I better try be one of FA, PA, TA since otherwise I am nothing.

I am posting sensex Ichimoku EOD charts with 9,26,52 as well as 5,20,40.
9,26,52 very nicely captured double bottom in Dec-10 but currently is leaving some space for the price to move around.
5,20,40 shows price is inside cloud now showing top of cloud to be a possible target, if price doen't close below the cloud..

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

linkon7

power of CS... !

4xpipcounter

Vinst, both settings are going to capture the double bottom. It is a candle formation which has nothing to do with any indicators

I better try be one of FA, PA, TA since otherwise I am nothing.

I am posting sensex Ichimoku EOD charts with 9,26,52 as well as 5,20,40.
9,26,52 very nicely captured double bottom in Dec-10 but currently is leaving some space for the price to move around.
5,20,40 shows price is inside cloud now showing top of cloud to be a possible target, if price doen't close below the cloud..

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.