Ichimoku Kinko Hyo trading system...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkon7

Linkon Sir,

Visiting your thread Linkon's guppyBB system regularly.
No posting in your thread since 10th March.

Keerthi
Dear Keerthi,
write down all that you have learnt from that thread and work on it. Most people are waiting for the afl and that defeats the purpose of the thread. I have worked hard in spelling out the trading logic and trust me, when i was starting out my TA journey, kartikmarar, aw10 and few others had done the same. They didnt give the afl, they showed the way to build trading logic. That's the most vital thing you can every learn in this market.

people spend good money just to learn this while its all there in forums like this. learning to play an instrument implies you have to work hard in developing a sense of music first. Once that is done, u can play any instrument...:thumb:

linkon7

Weekly analysis

Nifty eod chart looks exactly like sensex, so point analyzing that. Lets look at weekly...

setting used is, 9 for ts means roughly 2 months, 26 for KS i.e. 6 monthly and cloud is 52... yearly...!

facts are :

1. we havnt made any new low or new high in the last 5 weeks, so KS is showing a state of balance. Unless we make a new low or new high in the next 8 weeks, we can expect half yearly valuations to remain at 5762.

2. bi-monthly valuation are at 5550 and further upside is possible if we take out this level on a weekly basis...

3. buying interest is seen between 5389 and 5121 in the form of cloud.

4. CS shows we have a floor at 5313 and its been tested 2 times.

5. cloud is very thin, means weekly volatility is low and it wont take much effort to over come the 5389-5121 mark if sentiments deteriorate.

6. both ts and ks are above the cloud, so we are still in a correction in a bull market...

7. cloud is rising, means sentiments need to turn bullish soon or else sideways market will lead to more correction as buy zone will become a wait and watch zone soon with price inside the cloud...

8. As the highest high of the last 9 bars is 5924 on the last bar from the right. Monday will give us 5485 as the new valuation of TS. This means that this can act as the floor or the roof in the coming days...

9. a break below the 5121 mark will be our entry into the bear market territory and that can be painful for many investors. A mad rush to "get-out-while-you-still-can" will make matters far worse

4xpipcounter

Linkon, this is why in Camel's that he has found what is best for him. Being winners in a game where only 90% do win is all that really matters.

I personally feel my human incapabilities, even though my confidence may be belie that that thought. I needed to construct a methodology that I could depend on that would simply show me the way to profitable positions, and that is what my methodology has done for me, and yes, indicator ensconced.

As far as feeling like God almighty, I do feel that way, but that has nothing to do with my trading but my everyday living. I'm his son, and he's my Father, and so I take on his traits, and that as beautiful as life gets. Whew! Now even trading takes a back seat.

I'll be happy to post for you the weeklies on any market you have an interest in, or post a chart to show how price reacts relative to my S&R's. Over at Nifty Intraday Pivot Points, I do post my weeklies and monthlies regularly, but at my thread, "Some of my forecasts", I'll post whatever you want. Featured there, are my Weekly Forecasts, and their Previews at the end of the week. My S&R's revolve so much around my forecasting and trading and the accuracy thereof.

And you're right! My S&R's are a variation of other S&R's you have already seen. Really none of us have anything that is original, and that includes my S&R's, because it is a variant. I happen to have devised them the way I did, because they have proven to be the most effective. After all, the only thing I really search for is anything that gives me the greatest edge on the markets. I want to make sure that I have the most unfairest advantage over the markets. They are confined to their cyclical patterns. It is up to the trader, to define them, find then, and then trade accordingly.

4xp,

I think what camel has done with ichi is called "analysis paralysis". I do that all the time and can vouch for frustration it leads to. We take a simple system..keep adding new info and then the info-overflow starts to create doubts and then we attempt to make it simple, making rules of priority of info and ultimately, a simple system has become a monster and we have to start at the drawing board all over again with nothing but price and volume on the chart....

When this process is done frequently, we ultimately develop a respect for price and volume and all the dressing that made it look pretty / ugly seems like a un-necessary defacement of something already beautiful... That my friend, is the eureka moment where the aura lits up and we feel like God almighty with a halo on the head ...

Till that moment, 4xpip, you and I, are destined to stay with our love for indicators, as mere mortals with fear and greed as accompaniment.

btw, I like to have a look at ur proprietary stoch and SAR. I am sure i have come across some variation of the same and when a soul-mate says they found a new angle, my eyes lit up wt expectations...

4xpipcounter

Linkon, you brain is deep which is why you look like Einstein.

What you mentioned is the very best way to learn. My journey began in July 2004. In those days I was taking copious notes from every trusted source I could learn from, and from my personal observations.

Like you, I also found you do not ever need to spend a dime while climbing the learning curve.

Dear Keerthi,
write down all that you have learnt from that thread and work on it. Most people are waiting for the afl and that defeats the purpose of the thread. I have worked hard in spelling out the trading logic and trust me, when i was starting out my TA journey, kartikmarar, aw10 and few others had done the same. They didnt give the afl, they showed the way to build trading logic. That's the most vital thing you can every learn in this market.

people spend good money just to learn this while its all there in forums like this. learning to play an instrument implies you have to work hard in developing a sense of music first. Once that is done, u can play any instrument...:thumb:

CamelToeJoe

Ichimoku has worked very well for me as a trader. But if I can make similar or better profits without it, then the simpler/less chart obtrusive method is preferred in my opinion.

Everyone is different which is what makes trading so great.
Most indicators will help a trader lose money more than win money.

It's really not about the indicator though. It's the mind of the trader himself.

Last edited:

linkon7

Most indicators will help a trader lose money more than win money.

It's really not about the indicator though. It's the mind of the trader himself.
Amen to that...bro!

linkon7

there is something frustrating about this 5550 level... nifty keeps coming back to this level and then does a u turn only to return here after 1-2 days...

Its like the Laxman rekha that Ra1 cant cross and is frustrating the hell out of many traders including your truly.

i had made a personal effort to shift to higher tf and looking at the market in the last 9 days... i feel like returning to the good old days of 3 min and 5r...! Every alternate day we have a reversal and nifty keeps gyrating between 150 point range.

Linkon sir,

What are settings used in your Ichimoku chart posted dt.14th?

Regards,
Keerthi

there is something frustrating about this 5550 level... nifty keeps coming back to this level and then does a u turn only to return here after 1-2 days...

Its like the Laxman rekha that Ra1 cant cross and is frustrating the hell out of many traders including your truly.

i had made a personal effort to shift to higher tf and looking at the market in the last 9 days... i feel like returning to the good old days of 3 min and 5r...! Every alternate day we have a reversal and nifty keeps gyrating between 150 point range.

4xpipcounter

Linkon, I can't help but chuckle over this one. Over in "Nifty Intraday Pivots, I predicted the market to go east after the 1st attempt at the 5500 level (Long story short, just read it.). Uhh, do you know why? The "indicators" were mixed on the different TF's--monthly moving south, weekly going north, daily going east, 4-hour going south. It was a mess. No express trip there. The construction crews got to come and clean the highway up, so we can get to 5687, and then back DOWN to the sub--5000 region.

linkon7

Linkon sir,

What are settings used in your Ichimoku chart posted dt.14th?

Regards,
Keerthi
its 5 for TS (5 days a week)...
20 for KS (20 trading days a month...)
CS shifted 20 days to the left ( to see where price was, a month ago...
40 for kumo ( volatility over the last 2 months and point of control)

Status
Not open for further replies.