I Lose No Matter What I do....Overcoming problems...

anuragmunjal

dear Sunny

too many 'I's in ur post..... while trading remove 'I' and 'me' totally.build a system which says' i do not know what will happen in the market,if x happens my reaction would be...... and if y happens my reaction would be.......' and u will see a change in ur profitability....

best wishes

Anurag

Guys...Please refrain from posting suggestions.....suggestion are very easy to give...

I need only methods you tried to solve your any particular trading problem...

hi Sunny
sorry fr my earlier reply, I think I misuderstood ur question. I shall rephrase my answer..... my trading improved when I removed the 'I' frm my trades. fr many years I took trades on my whims.. ' the market/stock should go up frm here, it is a good buy or vice versa, it should go up to this particular level and then it should fall..etc. etc. .'
but my results were very mediocre..this is when I realized that I am powerless in front of the market. I cannot predict the movement of market with any reasonable accuracy, the only thing that I can predict or control was 'my reaction' towards those movements.
hence I stopped concentrating on what would happen in the market and started concentrating on what my reaction should be in all the case scenarios that may occur in the mkt. after I took my position.... and this helped a lot towards improvement in my trading...

regards

Sunny1

dear Sunny

too many 'I's in ur post..... while trading remove 'I' and 'me' totally.build a system which says' i do not know what will happen in the market,if x happens my reaction would be...... and if y happens my reaction would be.......' and u will see a change in ur profitability....

best wishes

Anurag

Guys...Please refrain from posting suggestions.....suggestion are very easy to give...

hi Sunny
sorry fr my earlier reply, I think I misuderstood ur question. I shall rephrase my answer..... my trading improved when I removed the 'I' frm my trades. fr many years I took trades on my whims.. ' the market/stock should go up frm here, it is a good buy or vice versa, it should go up to this particular level and then it should fall..etc. etc. .'
but my results were very mediocre..this is when I realized that I am powerless in front of the market. I cannot predict the movement of market with any reasonable accuracy, the only thing that I can predict or control was 'my reaction' towards those movements.
hence I stopped concentrating on what would happen in the market and started concentrating on what my reaction should be in all the case scenarios that may occur in the mkt. after I took my position.... and this helped a lot towards improvement in my trading...

regards
Hey ...Thanks For your reply...this is much better explained...

sumeetsj

Like SwingKing Has mentioned how did overcome many problems...

"Basically you need reset your subconscious mind"
Very Rightly Said...
Thanks SwingKing AKA RuanakAgarwal

The post by SwingKing was obviously great.
Long before one of my Guruji from Pune(of TA and Markets) said that always use the "KISS" method for TA.
KISS - Keep it simple stupid.
Thats the key for me and has been working all the while.
The beauty is that now only polishing the existing skill set is needed, no need to break your head and try to learn new stuff.
As they say "Knowledge is great, but too much can be crippling".

Regards

DanPickUp

Hi Sunny1

How to overcome such kind of problems ?

I believe in hard work, willingness and cleverness to reach my targets. I am clear, that each trade must be won between my ears.

I only can tell you from my view : I had a phase in my trading live, where I could not over come my trading mistakes. It got over my head. Each trade was an emotional rolling coaster. I did not understand why and could not properly concentrate on any trade.

I then stopped trading for quit a while and made new trading plans. I over worked my whole knowledge about trading and educated my self to an other level.

My biggest emotional problem, which I did not realize at those bad time, was to take trades with the hope to get back what I lost in other trades. I no more toke trades because of the reason that they make sense. I took them with the emotion to take back from the market what I lost in it. Bad habit.

The market has no memory. So trying to take revenge on the market was a wast of emotional energy - and these revenge trades seldom work.

After I changed my whole money management ( risk/ reward ratio, scalping in and out, leveraging risk, having clearer concepts on stop loss and portfolio management ) and spending again and again hours and hours on charts and option strategy analyses, I made a new start.

That was my way of overcoming that situation. I am clear, that this is not the easy way and I am clear, that not every body has the time and money to take such big breaks. But you asked for personal experiences and here is mine.

By the way, here some older post from me about the same subject. I still have a print from that in my care :

http://www.traderji.com/beginners-guide/39632-come-into-traders-den-20.html#post433027

Take care

:)DanPickUp

columbus

To cut down the trading time.One hour after trading starts and one hour
before trading stops.That mean no fresh positions before 10.15 or after 2.30.
Incidentally most of the Emotional trades take place in this interval.

Last edited:

jagankris

To cut down the trading time.One hour after trading starts and one hour
before trading stops.That mean no fresh positions before 10.15 or 2.30.
Incidentally most of the Emotional trades take place in this interval.
Columbus ji,

I don't understand.
You mean to say that it is advisable to trade between 10.15 to 2.30 ?

TIA.

Best Regards,
JK

columbus

Columbus ji,

I don't understand.
You mean to say that it is advisable to trade between 10.15 to 2.30 ?

TIA.

Best Regards,
JK
Hi JK,

Sorry.Corrected now. It should read before 10.15 and after 2.30.

TRADE WITH CHARTS WHY ?

1. Forget the news, remember the chart. No one is smart enough to know how news will affect price in every case. The chart already knows the news is coming.

2. Execute positions based on numbers, time, and volume, not emotions. This discipline forces the trader to distance himself from reckless gambling behavior.

3. Remember that participants in the markets echo similar patterns over and over again based on the infallible rules of human behavior allowing the trader to take advantage of potentially profitable trades while minimizing losses. :thumb:

Guys..I am also Struggling with issues and Trying to re-work my trading part. Can someone pls share the Lazy boy Trading system for MT4 ( Developed and Shared by Edward )