I can help you with stock chart reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Czar

actually if the bear market begins my actual buying price would be 90 rs. ;) that was the price in 2001.. I really dont follow funds & their motives..

rangarajan said:
I am unable to understand that inspite of your point blank advise as NOT to BUY,in this market,still, why people are anxious to buy.Do they want a favourable reply from Vashishtar?
ranga
Hi,

Just to share my views in the middle.

In this bearish market situation,

1. Stay away from the market if you are a trader ( Go by technicals than
fundamentals).
2. Buy good stocks if you are an investor (Go by strong fundamentals rather
than technicals)

Thanks,
Balaji.

C

Czar

Sir need your advice on SCI (shipping corp) someone desperate & weak is stuck & 160 levels please give your views on exit level as she needs desperate help...

SGM

pnbalaji said:
Buy good stocks if you are an investor (Go by strong fundamentals rather than technicals)
Hello Balaji,

Value/valuation is relative, today we are back to the index levels that we scaled in Feb 2006. Its just 4 months is't it?

If a scrip is 30% below its all time high but 60% above its 52 weeks low, how do decide the fair value?

The Gr8 WB said "The investor should be happy to get lower prices on browses, are we happy to find lower prices.., to quote him again

"Markets are the place to transfer wealth from the impatient to the patient".

Regards
Sanjay

Last edited:

pkjha30

SGM said:
Hello Balaji,

Value/valuation is relative, today we are back to the index levels that we scaled in Feb 2006. Its just 4 months is't it?

If a scrip is 30% below its all time high but 60% above its 52 weeks low, how do decide the fair value?

The Gr8 WB said "The investor should be happy to get lower prices on browses, are we happy to find lower prices.., to quote him again "Markets are the place to transfer wealth from the impaitent to the paitent".

Regards
Sanjay

Hi SGM

Great wisdom you have pointed out. Hope all will be benefitted
pankaj :)

Czar said:
Sir need your advice on SCI (shipping corp) someone desperate & weak is stuck & 160 levels please give your views on exit level as she needs desperate help...
As I said yesterday, market bounced. U can attribute this to oversold condition or double bottom or support at 200 day EMA. U will see lot of stocks in this pattern. For ideally conditions, the market will continue to go up from here. For me, I will wait for a pull back after it goes up. Obviously, I will be looking for change in trend.

About SCI, it has also put up a double bottom. Its plight will depend on the market, given its similar pattern. Lets have a stop = 120. But, our objective is not to save all the shares. If U see any favourable action next week, I advise taking partial shares out. Then, on the remaining shares, move the stop up, based on some support. Don't put it too close, to be taken out by noise, while moving the stop up.

hi can you share your views on the following stocks from the angle of intraday or short term trading.

1)gujrat ambuja at current level

2)cesc

3)orient paper.

hi,

taking www.icharts.com as standard.can you please specify how a novish like me can analyse a chart.

what i mean is what are the parameter i should chose and what are singnals
and values i should look for before coming into any decision.

thanks
chayan

1)gujrat ambuja at current level
Double bottom. I am currently not doing double bottom or double top. But, U can, if U want. Be carefull, since U are picking the bottom. Have a tight stop around 85. And, don't forget to take partial profits as it gives U. Don't look for making century as in cricket.

2)cesc
Same story. Double bottom.

3)orient paper.
Kind of double bottom. Had a reversal on Friday. Same story.

All the above have MACD divergence, giving them a buy.

Market Analysis:
Market is at a point of reflection. It can take it from here and move on up. Can go sideways there on, before going up. Given the double bottom and MACD divergence, U can trade if U want. But, have a tight stop below the double bottom. And be sure to take profits as it comes. Don't wait for the whole thing to happen.

There will be lot of stocks in this pattern. I don't have any scan right now for double bottom. But, most of the stocks display this pattern. So, I pass on writing any code to do the scan at this time.

taking www.icharts.com as standard.can you please specify how a novish like me can analyse a chart.

what i mean is what are the parameter i should chose and what are singnals
and values i should look for before coming into any decision.
I use 8, 50, 200 EMAs, Bollinger bands, MACD and Slow stocastic. I used to use Williams before instead of stocastic for overbought and oversold conditions information. I replaced that with Stocastic before, it does that as well as gives you buy or sell information based on the crossover.

What U can do is, start from these indicators. Change them according to your analysis. For example, 8 day short term EMA may not be right in all cases. If you look at sensex, it is more based on 10 or 15 day ema. So, play with the indicators. But, once you decide on them, have for some time before making a change. Don't change them every day to get buy or signals.

Last edited:
well i am also a novice... nothing to get from the chart.. i wanna know is there any link where i could get a chart for the last 6 r 7 months..... which i think ll be usefulll

Status
Not open for further replies.