I can help you with stock chart reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahmed
--- Will get back to U soon.

JN
--- I don't know why the company details are not showing. What U can do is manually load them into a table. Using SQL, update company table.

I understand speed is an issue. So lets follow another technique.
Let me put in steps.
1. Make copy of Fcharts. All the below steps apply for this copy.
2. Convert to Access Database.
3. Every Day, insert new daily data using FCharts.
4. Run Sector Data Update Macro (U don't have to close FCharts). This will insert all the sector group data.
5. Using FCharts, export data for today. This is Ur total daily File.

Load the total daily file to Original FCharts, which has the binary database. So, there is Ur speed. What U say?

Create Select Query: SectorDataUpdate
SELECT Sector AS code, Prices.date, cstr(datediff('d','12/30/1899',Prices.date)) & Sector AS UID, sum(open) AS SOpen, sum(close) AS SClose, sum(low) AS SLow, sum(high) AS SHigh, sum(volume) AS SVolume, sum(timedata) AS STimedata
FROM Companies INNER JOIN Prices ON Companies.Code=Prices.Code
WHERE sector NOT IN ("-","")
and Prices.date = date()
GROUP BY Sector, Prices.date;

Create Select Query: SectorDataUpdateGroup
SELECT Sector AS code, Prices.date, cstr(datediff('d','12/30/1899',Prices.date)) & Sector AS UID, sum(open) AS SOpen, sum(close) AS SClose, sum(low) AS SLow, sum(high) AS SHigh, sum(volume) AS SVolume, sum(timedata) AS STimedata
FROM Companies INNER JOIN Prices ON Companies.Code=Prices.Code
WHERE Sector in ("AUTOMOBILES","CHEMICALS","COMPUTERS","TELECOMUTE","TEXTILES")
and Prices.date = date()
GROUP BY Sector, Prices.date;

Create Insert Query: DailySectorInsert
INSERT INTO Prices ( Code, [Date], UID, [Open], [Close], Low, High, Volume, TimeData )
SELECT sectordataupdate.code, sectordataupdate.date, sectordataupdate.UID, sectordataupdate.SOpen, sectordataupdate.SClose, sectordataupdate.SLow, sectordataupdate.SHigh, sectordataupdate.SVolume, sectordataupdate.STimedata
FROM sectordataupdate;

Create Insert Query: DailySectorInsertGroup
INSERT INTO Prices ( Code, [Date], UID, [Open], [Close], Low, High, Volume, TimeData )
SELECT sectordataupdategroup.code, sectordataupdategroup.date, sectordataupdategroup.UID, sectordataupdategroup.SOpen, sectordataupdategroup.SClose, sectordataupdategroup.SLow, sectordataupdategroup.SHigh, sectordataupdategroup.SVolume, sectordataupdategroup.STimedata
FROM sectordataupdategroup;

Create a macro: DailySectorInsertMacro
SetWarnings (value = No)
OpenQuery (Drag DailySectorInsert query. This will create OpenQuery item)
SetWarnings (No)
OpenQuery (Drag DailySectorInsertGroup query. This will create OpenQuery item)

Once U create a macro, right click on it and create shortcut wherever U want it.

Last edited:
Hi vv,
Before doing stocks analysis u certainly had a deep dive into prgramming too!
I will check these in detail(i am not so good in programming!)What I say,in this speedy data drive u helped me to avoid from some guardrail crashes too!
:)
I downloaded the nse data using data extractor.It converts nse data to a suitable format for Fchart.But still not having index data.Do u have some tools to retrive it from nse?
thanks and regards
JN

Last edited:
vvonteru said:
I remember U asking me to start a new thread for FCharts. Don't they have an exclusive group for that? If I have to start this new thread, somebody should soon pay for it. Would it be Traderji?;)
Dear Vvonteru

We will be glad to make arrangements to pay you :) let us know the medium... such quality education obviously cannot come free :)

Can you also please share your inputs on the charts of Suzlon ?

rvgandhi said:
Dear Vvonteru

We will be glad to make arrangements to pay you :) let us know the medium... such quality education obviously cannot come free :)

Can you also please share your inputs on the charts of Suzlon ?
Count the no. of day's its been down continuously. Total 10 days. In the last 11 days, only 1 day was an up day. I remember recently reviewing this stock for a short. At that time, the stock was still in the trend. In the last 2 days, the trend line has been broken. Today was the nail in the coffin. All the guys on the upside are caught now. They never had a chance to get out. They are waiting to get out. What they need is couple of updays. That is when we enter for short. They will give us the impetus for the next leg down.

I currently do not scan for the stocks under this pattern (First Thrust). The market does not support the shorts. The only way we can make an exception is if the sector would setup as short. Lets follow this stock and Siemens.

Index Data:
Fcharts only supports Sector or Index. U can't have both. I can't imagine we can't do that. Its so simple. Have a table for Sector and table for Index. Have relationship with company table. The author put everything in 1 table i.e., Company.
I couldn't get index data.

Market:
Considering that it still is a pull back, lets look at some stocks. In case the market goes down another day, we have to reconsider. It might be in trading range or correction (I doubt).

ACC (CEMENT)
GRASIM (CEMENT) - I like this very much
ANDHRSUGAR (SUGAR)
BALRAMCHIN (SUGAR)
BAJAJAUTO (lower Ur entry point to above last day's high + x)

All the previous day's set up still hold. I suppose U guys got hang of it. U are not expecting me to put the charts for each of the above.

Attachments

Last edited:
alok said:
Cipla went ex-bonus (3:2) y'day and therefore no surprise on that fall. If you calculate then it was down only by 2 Rs (i.e. 0.75%). I hope this will clarify the things.

THANKS A MILLION ! ALOK
GREAT NEWS.
ANY IDEA WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO, I BOUGHT AT INDIABULLS.
REGARDS
GEETA

1. piramyd retail. - Don't take new entry
Tried 180 support 5 times. Hopefully, the stock will come up now.

2. matrix lab.
Stuck in upward trading range. The uptrend is still there. But, difficult for new entry, until it clears the current trading range.

3. tvs motor. (can take new entry)
Nice uptrend. It is in acceleration mode. Unfortunately (due to market conditions) did not follow thru from recent pull back. That doesn't mean it is over. When conditions are good, it will continue uptrend. Enter at 175 (below is noise/staging) with a stop at 140.

4. HOCL. - No new entry
Try stop 30.

5. RNRL.- No new entry
New stock. Tried 29 so many times. Put a stop at 28.

6. Ginni filament.- No new entry
Still in downtrend. Hopefully, there is light at the end of the tunnell.

7. Marksans pharma.- No new entry
New stock. 230 and 200 are supports.

8. 3i infotech. - No new entry
I don't know what is happening with this stock. Uptrend is there. There was shorterm downward trading range. Now shorterm upward trading range. Come on. Go some where!!

9. Banswara syntax. - No new entry
Just in trading range.

I have to ask you. Where U got these stocks from. Why U (making me) work so hard. I am giving U the list when available. Just use them.

Last edited:
Dear Geeta,

Just wait for those bonus arrivals to your demat.. and with yesterday's results beating all the street's expectations enjoy gains over 3-6 months period. Should give you good returns... I would advocate at least hold the stock if not accumulating it.

Cheers.

gracec said:
THANKS A MILLION ! ALOK
GREAT NEWS.
ANY IDEA WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO, I BOUGHT AT INDIABULLS.
REGARDS
GEETA

Hi vv,
Thanks for ur suggestions.
It helped me so much.

I find index data here:-
http://www.nseindia.com/content/indices/ind_histvalues.htm
when it displays result there is a link in the bottom to download it into csv format.
It has date,open,high,low,close format.Date has to be changed to suit.
It is a long manual process.
--------
and guys,
http://www.nseindia.com/content/corporate/corpinfo.htm
when stocks suddenly falls and surprises U,check the above link.
In future U can search for what happend to ur scrips and aviod heart attack! ..:)
JN

vvonteru said:
1. piramyd retail. - Don't take new entry
Tried 180 support 5 times. Hopefully, the stock will come up now.

2. matrix lab.
Stuck in upward trading range. The uptrend is still there. But, difficult for new entry, until it clears the current trading range.

3. tvs motor. (can take new entry)
Nice uptrend. It is in acceleration mode. Unfortunately (due to market conditions) did not follow thru from recent pull back. That doesn't mean it is over. When conditions are good, it will continue uptrend. Enter at 175 (below is noise/staging) with a stop at 140.

4. HOCL. - No new entry
Try stop 30.

5. RNRL.- No new entry
New stock. Tried 29 so many times. Put a stop at 28.

6. Ginni filament.- No new entry
Still in downtrend. Hopefully, there is light at the end of the tunnell.

7. Marksans pharma.- No new entry
New stock. 230 and 200 are supports.

8. 3i infotech. - No new entry
I don't know what is happening with this stock. Uptrend is there. There was shorterm downward trading range. Now shorterm upward trading range. Come on. Go some where!!

9. Banswara syntax. - No new entry
Just in trading range.

I have to ask you. Where U got these stocks from. Why U (making me) work so hard. I am giving U the list when available. Just use them.
hi vv,
thanks for giving efforts so fast, actually all stocks are in my portfolio and i have got overall loss of 2% . i got the recommendations from sharekhan,friends,moneycontrol and two from this site which also not worked as well. just recently joint this site and find it very valuable, specially your thread senior members Saint,Superatik,Amit and tradersji sir, but still not seen all the thread. Sir i am very glad if u give me the list.
Also I wanted to sell my stocks i need your advice, should i sell my stocks now? or wait to atleast recover the losses? what is your openion as my portfolio has all the above stocks.
rgrds
ahmed

C

Czar

vvonteru said:
U are right. It is evident. The pattern is complete. It has come below the neck line. Now lets wait for it to test the neck line.
Please could you advice what that means ? price now 5920

Status
Not open for further replies.