How to add time in Price Chart ?

sr114

I have this database settings currently... Looks like I need to change the market timing to 0915 - 1530 ....

Can you please also validate Base Time Interval and Number Of Bars as shown in the screenshot . Do you use the same Base Time Interval and Number Of Bars as mine ?

I'm afraid you are not telling me to delete extra timed data from ASCII files :).. ..are not you ? ... because there are many ASCII files and deleting one by one manually and individually is painful.

I guess AmiBroker would pick the right timed data now if I put the market timing correctly ...right ?

I'll do this testing and update here ...I'll re-import Google IEOD data after changing market timing in intraday settings ...Lets see what happens.

Thanks
MP

answer to ur question

1. my base time is tick data and bars are 30000
2. i never tell u to delete the ascii files - but open the chart- then open Quote Editor - find the quotes of 165926 hrs and dlete that . then u will get the proper time in ur chart
3. how r u downloading google data i dont know - but my google downloader (Courtsey JDM) knows that after 1530 it will not download any data whatsoever important it may be so that i get proper google data.
4. Amibroker is dumb enuf - so it will import what ever data u have provided to it. so u have to clearly specify to Ami that this data upto this time i require and u have to do till that and no more than that.

regards
sr

megapixel

MP

3. how r u downloading google data i dont know - but my google downloader (Courtsey JDM) knows that after 1530 it will not download any data whatsoever important it may be so that i get proper google data.

sr
Hi
I have updated the post and posted the name of the downloader. Are you using something else ? will it be possible to post the name of your downloader tool ( if its FREE ) to check it out.

sr114

Hi
I have updated the post and posted the name of the downloader. Are you using something else ? will it be possible to post the name of your downloader tool ( if its FREE ) to check it out.
MP

its called Data Downloader and was developed by Joydeep Mitra and it can download any nos of scrip from google (1 min max 10 days) , yahoo (1 min 1 day), yahoo (5 min 1 day) , nse - eod and fno, index, mcx eod data

u have to put the name of the scrip in a txt file called googled intraday and rest it will do downloading.

its efficient enuf

sr

megapixel

MP

its called Data Downloader and was developed by Joydeep Mitra and it can download any nos of scrip from google (1 min max 10 days) , yahoo (1 min 1 day), yahoo (5 min 1 day) , nse - eod and fno, index, mcx eod data

u have to put the name of the scrip in a txt file called googled intraday and rest it will do downloading.

its efficient enuf

sr
looks like a good stuff ...I guess Its available in this forum ...I'll do a forum search to find this tool....

by the way I just applied your database settings in my database.....chart plot changed instantly .....however charts are not looking correct ....I'm comparing AmiBroker charts with online FOREXPRO chart and Google charts and observing differences.

I'll check your Downloader tool ...I'll get fresh data.

one more thing.....is not it necessary that if I have 5 minute data ..then I should choose Base Time Interval = 5 minute in database settings ?

sr114

looks like a good stuff ...I guess Its available in this forum ...I'll do a forum search to find this tool....

by the way I just applied your database settings in my database.....chart plot changed instantly .....however charts are not looking correct ....I'm comparing AmiBroker charts with online FOREXPRO chart and Google charts and observing differences.

I'll check your Downloader tool ...I'll get fresh data.

one more thing.....is not it necessary that if I have 5 minute data ..then I should choose Base Time Interval = 5 minute in database settings ?
MP

what ever ur chart time frame may be - choose 1 min tf in database setting along with some 15000-20000 bars.
now u can in ur chart any tf u choose - 5,10,30,60 any

pls post a snapshot of ur new charts

sr

megapixel

MP

its efficient enuf

sr
I got the link from here http://www.traderji.com/data-feeds/69109-free-data-nsenow-amibroker-via-excel-7.html#post675424

Here is the downloader: https://sites.google.com/site/volumedigger/softwares-1/files/

This text file looks scary ....I don't feel comfortable with the syntax of this text file ...Can you please give me an example what to write here to download say ABAN 1 minute scrip data for last 15 days ?

Last edited:

sr114

I got the link from here http://www.traderji.com/data-feeds/69109-free-data-nsenow-amibroker-via-excel-7.html#post675424

Here is the downloader: https://sites.google.com/site/volumedigger/softwares-1/files/

I have downloaded gData.zip file.

after unzip I find one exe file and one excel file.

there is no such file ....However when I open Symbol excel I see this ...

Where do I put name of scrips ? Am I missing something ?
MP

gdata will not work. find data downloader
link is : http://www.volumedigger.com/Software/Data_Downloader.aspx

there will be afile called google 1 min (txt file not csv) - there u will find the references of google symbol for NSE and BSE

fiddle with the sw

look carefully - in ur snsp shot - there is reference of infosystech,nse - put the nse scrip name like it there- single name in single line

sr

megapixel

MP

gdata will not work. find data downloader
link is : http://www.volumedigger.com/Software/Data_Downloader.aspx

there will be afile called google 1 min (txt file not csv) - there u will find the references of google symbol for NSE and BSE

fiddle with the sw

look carefully - in ur snsp shot - there is reference of infosystech,nse - put the nse scrip name like it there- single name in single line

sr
yup ...corrected myself ....got the text file ...and updated post ....thanks.

I'll try that and update here.

megapixel

Ok ..data downloading working fine.

There is no header in the data......Can you please tell format of the data ?

For example:

I get this data dump ...

INFY,20120822,09:16:00,2400,2402.6,2394.55,2394.55,9164

Is it <ticker> , <YMD>,<Time> ,<Open>,<High><Low>,<Close>,<volume>

is this the correct format of this data dump ?

sr114

Ok ..data downloading working fine.

There is no header in the data......Can you please tell format of the data ?

For example:

I get this data dump ...

INFY,20120822,09:16:00,2400,2402.6,2394.55,2394.55,9164

Is it <ticker> , <YMD>,<Time> ,<Open>,<High><Low>,<Close>,<volume>

is this the correct format of this data dump ?
MP

why did not u see the sw b4 asking such questions.

leave aside
the answers

sr