How many FullTime/Professional Traders here?

A

amarnath

Hi all,

Trading last 7+ yrs full time, trading range of products from forex ( G7 majors ) and Commodities particularly (Gold, Silver, Copper, Zinc, and energy products ) :)

U

uasish

Untrue most of the pro's dont use more than simple candle stick patterns and classical indicators if their strategy doesnt involves automation ;)
Automation is what ? Systems triggers a buy/sell whenever a condition is met,
these conditions are put in the software by the trader himself.
Even if it is an AI (artificial intelliegence) based s/w ,the trader puts his conditions.
So you have rightly said ,with your long experience ,it is SIMPLE ,but we are unable to imbibe the simple basic rules.

marcus

I think a better question would be how many full time traders here who have been able to equal or beat the category average for diversified mutual funds over the last few years.

Otherwise not much use being a trader is there

beginner_av

I think a better question would be how many full time traders here who have been able to equal or beat the category average for diversified mutual funds over the last few years.

Otherwise not much use being a trader is there
of course there is...only if you start off and keep at it and improve, then one day you will surpass certain benchmarks. If you compare and stop...the end

marcus

of course there is...only if you start off and keep at it and improve, then one day you will surpass certain benchmarks. If you compare and stop...the end
you could also keep at it ...and at it ....and at it ... till one day you have no more resources and find yourself on the street, I'm inclined to think this is a more likely outcome than yours considering the statistics.

No?

:D

R

ratan jain

sure marcus, if u are so dumb that you dont learn from ur mistakes, make corrections to your system and trade, such a person deserves to stop trading

Such an outcome for such a person will surely confirm the statistics of this industry

U

uasish

marcus,you will have to make ur own system,what others intend to say is to improve that system & moreover it is 100% possible to beat Mutual Funds,they have lots of limitation than a retail investor/trader like you & me.
Hence to beat their performance cant be an intended goal,which an avgerage system with good Money mgmt. & Risk mgmnt. in place can do comfortably.
Plz think deeply & improve upon,which all of us are doing day in day out.
Best of luck.