• Your own intution/gut feeling

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Internet

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
Hi,
My objective is posted a few posts above !!
Accepted, even you posted your results on the same day you opened the poll. That was confusing, at least for me, as the final outcome of such polls in general take a few days. But never mind. :)

lemondew

This poll tells us that most active people here do self analysis. :) also feel most active people here (those who voted) do better than an average stock market investor.

raul12

Voted in the poll

As people on the forum are looking for information and opinions that's not a surprise that they are basing their decisions on self analysis!

I normally ask questions about particular stocks to other investors at mmb or http://intwits/india/

mastermind007

If a guy is watching TV to decide investment, he is certainly not spending time on internet on sites such as TJ. so your survey results will remain skewed.

If you genuinely need that data, do a door-to-door survey.

jahan

i have also casted my vote in the. recently i am trying to position my portfolio according to position sizing according to van tharp's guide but unable to determine the r-factor of my own.could anyone help me in this task ?
http://s11.postimg.org/51csddzoj/screenshot_29.png
Hello,

if iam not wrong...ur talking about R-multiple...if so...

in ur case The R-multiple is AVG-Loss=Tot.Amount.of losing-trades/# of Loosing-trades.....36238/6=6039.66...say ur R-multiple is 6040...

so ur first trade(as per pic)...is about 1.33R gain
ur second trade is ..............about -0.82R loss and so on.....

if u want expectancy add all ur R-multiples(neg and pos) then divide by # of total Trades(all trades).....in ur case which is negative expectancy(however ur sample is so small)...

Van tharp concepts work well when u have Constant R-Multiple....ur's R-Multiple will keep on changing according to the losses ur taking....hope this helps

Regards,

Last edited:

sumantra

Hello,

if iam not wrong...ur talking about R-multiple...if so...

in ur case The R-multiple is AVG-Loss=Tot.Amount.of losing-trades/# of Loosing-trades.....36238/6=6039.66...say ur R-multiple is 6040...

so ur first trade(as per pic)...is about 1.33R gain
ur second trade is ..............about -0.82R loss and so on.....

if u want expectancy add all ur R-multiples(neg and pos) then divide by # of total Trades(all trades).....in ur case which is negative expectancy(however ur sample is so small)...

Van tharp concepts work well when u have Constant R-Multiple....ur's R-Multiple will keep on changing according to the losses ur taking....hope this helps

Regards,
but there is huge possibility of some of my stocks to outperform, and the Indian stock market is too much different from American market .In this case what can i do with my stocks ? the company Ankur Drugs might have flee from the market.

jahan

but there is huge possibility of some of my stocks to outperform, and the Indian stock market is too much different from American market .In this case what can i do with my stocks ? the company Ankur Drugs might have flee from the market.
Hello,

ur holding indian stocks and talking about American markets...All markets are same when come to trading psychology.if u really followed Van.K Tharp concepts u will not talk like this....yes there may be possibility that ur stocks can outperform....but u also need to know(assuming you know how to gauge out-performance) the way to gauge when they not perform..

if u only know the earlier and not the latter....what can anybody do...

Regards,