Help required - Trading for passion and livelihood

Cubt

Algo Trader
throwawayacc123 , I appreciate your concern.

I have a trading experience of 12 years..
To Cubt

1. I want to do professional trading - (mostly short-term to medium term with 20% intraday). By professional I mean using all the latest technology - may be for fundamental analysis or for technical analysis

2. Basically idea is to open a small firm hiring people who do things as per my instructions.

3. So my questions are -
a. what latest software tools i can use for mostly fundamental analysis.
aa. what latest tools for technical analysis
b. how can i get data. intraday, tick by tick. company data for 5-10 years. etc and use that for analysis
c. what all legal, accounting issues i have to see
d. how can i get intraday data for analysis
e. what kind of sytem, hardware, terminal i have to use.
I seriously wonder how come a person with 12 years of experience in markets could post such questions? :annoyed:
Am sorry, i cannot spend my time answering your questions.

Neither this thread gonna help you nor others. Even if someone provides answers for all your questions, you are not gonna make it is professional trader. After all, a professional trader is the one who uses latest technology and makes money is what you think. :annoyed:

My answer might be rude to you, but that is what i wanted to convey. unsubscribing from the thread. :annoyed:

I seriously wonder how come a person with 12 years of experience in markets could post such questions?

Neither this thread gonna help you nor others. Even if someone provides answers for all your questions, you are not gonna make it is professional trader. After all, a professional trader is the one who uses latest technology and makes money is what you think.

My answer might be rude to you, but that is what i wanted to convey. unsubscribing from the thread.
Cubt, Your email is indeed rude and most importantly lacks maturity.

Vertigo_1985

Cubt, Your email is indeed rude and most importantly lacks maturity.
so i guess you think you will learn trading and then hire other people who will trade for you, all that in a matter of months as you are already planning to hire people.. he has rightly shown you the mirror, you can accept the reality and be one step closer to your goals or continue living in fantasy world untill failures force you to see the reality.
Do what others have suggested... read about trading, meet and ask people who are trading..that should be enough for now...

onlinegtrash

I seriously wonder how come a person with 12 years of experience in markets could post such questions? :annoyed:

Neither this thread gonna help you nor others. Even if someone provides answers for all your questions, you are not gonna make it is professional trader. After all, a professional trader is the one who uses latest technology and makes money is what you think. :annoyed:

My answer might be rude to you, but that is what i wanted to convey. unsubscribing from the thread. :annoyed:
so i guess you think you will learn trading and then hire other people who will trade for you, all that in a matter of months as you are already planning to hire people.. he has rightly shown you the mirror, you can accept the reality and be one step closer to your goals or continue living in fantasy world untill failures force you to see the reality.
Do what others have suggested... read about trading, meet and ask people who are trading..that should be enough for now...
I think kumar is seeing trading as any other process oriented business.
Start small and scale up opening more shops hiring more people...

In trading scaling up is managing more money not having more people or computers working for you!

I am sure... Kumar is going to think "Ghosh... stupid people are always whining how trading is hard... that's for Stoooopid people may be for immature people, not for me, I asked the wrong people at wrong place...dayyymn"

but what Cubt, Vertigo... saying is precisely right ;)

A successful trader can make millions with just google/yahoo charts with no fancy indicators. People have been making money since the era of hand drawn charts...

So start some where small... and be prepared for surprise...
if you ever make it on the other side of winners (which I feel the chance is very slim, Cubt is right in his evaluations) do teach me too ;)

Dear Friend i will suggest you a simple thing and that is to paper trade before committing any money and if you are profitable for three continuous month assume you have arrived and if not then simply shut up and keep learning and
practicing and don't even think of employing the real money and if you find this
boring then may be you don't have the patience to trade.

trump

Hello,

I am an engineer. I have a software company.

I do equity trading (not intraday but delivery based short term).

But I want to make this as my primary source of livelihood.

Reason is that I find it more passionate of becoming a trader than a coder.

So my question is
1. how can i become a professional trader (note I am not asking how to make profit. that is my personal lookout. My question is how can i change my icicidirect trading to a professional setup with latest technology setup)

2. instead of my software firm i can better open a trading firm which do trading to make profits. (note i dont mean brokrage or sub-brokarage. But trading firm who use its own money to generate profit/loss of itself)

please help me.
cool, it seems you are ready for a plunge.
and you r a techie who wants to go high tech that's pretty good.
but what ever charting softwares, analysis and brokers out here for normal public are not for real pros, that are at best toys to tinker arnd, if you really want to get your hands dirty then you have get experience first with some leading firm like Renaissance technology or DeShaw etc, proprietary warez is the way to go. best of luck.and its never easy, nothing is.