Hello Ichimoku Lovers

Hi Ichimoku India, I too have been a keen student for sometime. I have read the works of Manesh Patel, Nicole Elliot and Gabor Kovacs There is not a whole lot of info available outside of the above mentioned for the purists at least not that I have found.

May I ask which trading platform and which instruments you are trading ? So far for me the only instruments which I can trade ichimoku on are Currencies and a couple of Indices as MT4 is the only platform that supports it that I have found to be readily available.

Do you trade all the signals ? Or do you prefer to only use the full signal?

I'm keen to observe and learn how you implement your methodology too.
there are excellent posts by 4xpipcounter in this forum, go through them also.

Wud love to see ur strategy at work.However there r not many charting services that offer ichimoku.

What exactly do you wish to see with regards to my strategy. There are a few that I trade with and I do not deviate from them. In terms of different strategies ..... Been There, Done That. Now I stick to mine.

Please ask away and I shall be more than happy to answer back.

Cheers

please explain ichi in your way little bit along with kind of performance we can expect.
Hello Sunny1

Your own performance depends on you and your mindset. This is not only with Ichimoku, but the general rule of trading. There is only one mantra in trading and that is KISS ...... which means, Keep It Simple Stupid. Traders overcomplicate their own system, over evaluate their own study and make mistakes in that, thus losing the money.

If your equity is small, your risks are small, your trading time frame(s) / concepts are small, you will never be able to get big results.

In my own way and the original way of Ichimoku was / is, that it is a trend based system of trading. As a very old saying "TREND IS YOUR FRIEND", if you follow the trend, you will more likely get more winners and steady winnings. If you try to go against the trend, you will get whipsawed many a times. No doubt when the anti trend turns into a trend, you will make more money, but the question you would need to ask yourself is: "Will I be able to survive so much of whipsaws and losses based on my Equity".

Hope this puts some light on your trading career.

Cheers

Hi Ichimoku India, I too have been a keen student for sometime. I have read the works of Manesh Patel, Nicole Elliot and Gabor Kovacs There is not a whole lot of info available outside of the above mentioned for the purists at least not that I have found.

May I ask which trading platform and which instruments you are trading ? So far for me the only instruments which I can trade ichimoku on are Currencies and a couple of Indices as MT4 is the only platform that supports it that I have found to be readily available.

Do you trade all the signals ? Or do you prefer to only use the full signal?

I'm keen to observe and learn how you implement your methodology too.
Hello ymedutti

Please ignoire if I may sound very pompous in my replies back to the questions put across in this thread / forum.

As Ichimoku is not yet a very popular concept, therefore there is not a whole lot available on the internet. With regards to learning Ichimoku, (or trading) for that matter, you will have to hire a coach / mentor, to teach you the art of trading. If books could teach everything, every one of us would have sat at home and studied, rather than going to the colleges and universities to get our Bachelors Masters, Engineering, Drs degrees. We would not have gone to the schools and institutions to get the education and hands on training that we need. Big sports stars including Sachin Tendulkar, Abhinav Bindra, Tiger Woods, and many such sports people would not be having coaches (still) to enhance their performance. What I am trying to say is that you will need someone to coach you (if you are not there yet), to teach you and make you successful in any business, for that matter.

I am an NRI and I have many more opportunities to trade various instruments as regards to traders in India. I believe, esignal provides you with signals to Indian Stocks, Indices and currencies. Not sure if all or to what extent. You will have to guide me to what you are looking for and accordingly, I can do some research and get back to you on this.
With regards to my platforms, I am a pure currency trader (so far). I use Think or Swim by TD Ameritrade and I also use JForex from Dukascopy Bank in Geneva, Switzerland. The reason I chose currencies is that it has more volatility there are many pairs to choose from and it gives me a time liberty as the currency market is 24 hours (almost) for 5 days in a week.

Also I am not very clear to your question with regards to All the signals or Full Signal. Please be more specific.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Hi Ichimoku India, Thanks for your reply. I reside in Australia and we are not privileged to the think or swim platform that looks very good. Esignal is available so thanks I'll keep that in mind.
Coaches, good point. I thoroughly believe that is an essential component and one I would need to move forward. However I wouldn't know where to begin to find one. I've done some live training courses with different mentors however I did not find their methodology to be reliable enough for me, perhaps too subjective and inconsistent with the results.
With the Ichimoku signals I'm referring to which of these you like to trade. In the text book sense there is 1) the TS and KS crossover, 2) The kumo break out, 3)Chikou span break out, 4) the senkou span A & B future crossover. Then we have combo of signals with the full signal being: Long if price above kumo, future kumo pointing up and angled, tenkan sen above kijun and both pointing up, chikou span punched through the cloud and angled up with the future senkou span a&b have done the crossover so the future kumo is of bullish colour.
They are many other variants i have come across too, and then we have the multi time frame factors.
My trading involves a bit of all the above however I do not have a rigid one or two pronged attack like many traders.
I have many setups within that I like to look for so hence Forex pairs are not always in alignment so I look outside for stocks, indices etc
Perhaps my filtering of trades needs some work. I can't find a stock screener to look for setups with ichimoku parameters so I'm forced to manually look.
Maybe Amibroker can do this but I'm not wanting to devote so much new time to learning another new program as I have learned so many all ready.
I'd be very greatfull if you could share the way you go about trading with ichimoku.
thanks...

gunsho

Hello to all the traders

I am a hard core Ichimoku follower and would love to interact with people who have similar interests.

Been trading with Ichimoku, very successfully since last 3 years.

Please feel free to drop in a line and ask me anything with regards to trading.

Cheers

Ichimoku India ...............
Please ignore if I may sound very pompous in my reply.

I see that most of your response to questions where just another question or hiring a mentor/teacher. I will follow the same pattern ;)

What kind of interaction you want to have with people? About the way/technicals of trading ichomoku? (then probably guys will ask you how you are trading currently). Or about finding a mentor / teacher (then also probably everyone will ask your experience on finding a mentor).

Until and unless you tell us what you want to discuss, this thread may go to a deadend :( Threads started with sharing information, usually a load of useful discussions starts flowing in (ST's thread is a great example).

As Ichimoku is not yet a very popular concept, therefore there is not a whole lot available on the internet.
Ichomoku is not very new here. TJ has few nice threads with loads of information and guidance. 4xp/linkon/t4p all have threads on the same and can be easily found. TP's notes has links to some of ichimoku threads.

Don't take my response in a negative way. Reading the responses in this thread, just thought will share with what happens with many threads :(.

Sunny1

Hello Sunny1

Your own performance depends on you and your mindset. This is not only with Ichimoku, but the general rule of trading. There is only one mantra in trading and that is KISS ...... which means, Keep It Simple Stupid. Traders overcomplicate their own system, over evaluate their own study and make mistakes in that, thus losing the money.

If your equity is small, your risks are small, your trading time frame(s) / concepts are small, you will never be able to get big results.

In my own way and the original way of Ichimoku was / is, that it is a trend based system of trading. As a very old saying "TREND IS YOUR FRIEND", if you follow the trend, you will more likely get more winners and steady winnings. If you try to go against the trend, you will get whipsawed many a times. No doubt when the anti trend turns into a trend, you will make more money, but the question you would need to ask yourself is: "Will I be able to survive so much of whipsaws and losses based on my Equity".

Hope this puts some light on your trading career.

Cheers
I remember a scene from the 3 idiots ...where Aamir explains a danger of read crossing and signals to chatur.. :annoyed:

I know all those ...Just wanted to how you trade ichi ..thats it.....Just went thru ichi pdf saved in my pc yesterday. I actually liked concept and system .it really gives all info at glance ..

a1b1trader

Posting an Ichimoku chart for Nifty Spot.
Note that the chikou sen and price candle both stopped at kumo lines (senkou span) (indicated by red arrows)
Morover, Tenkan sen and Kijun sen, both heading downwards.
Does it indicate some downward retracement today

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi a1b1trader,

The way I interpret your chart as it looks is price is in retracement mode. While TS and KS are showing downtrend momentum, kijun is still in the cloud so it is not strong. The cloud is also pointing up which shows primarily bullish. If Chikou span can punch through the senkou span A it has some clear space to keep running.

Hence there is no trade setup as yet. Looking into the future for a probable setup you would need price to bounce off Kijun or the cloud and form a bit of a topping formation and you would place a pending stop sell order on tenkan sen to continue the downtrend.

Alternatively for aggressive sellers you could place a sell order on Kijun sen with a stop loss say 1ATR away from your order and this would be in anticipation of the downtrend continuing.

Anybody care to add some more comments on their interpretation of the above chart ?

Posting an Ichimoku chart for Nifty Spot.
Note that the chikou sen and price candle both stopped at kumo lines (senkou span) (indicated by red arrows)
Morover, Tenkan sen and Kijun sen, both heading downwards.
Does it indicate some downward retracement today

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Three times I replied to this question and all three times, when I was done, and I clicked submit button, I had been logged out none of my answer(s) got uploaded. Next time I will type the answer in Word and thereafter cut and paste into this forum.

Moderator to look into this.

In the meanwhile, ymedutti analysis is correct.

Cheers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Welcome 0
B Introductions 4
R Introductions 0
T Introductions 0
N Introductions 0