Google Finance Intraday data not getting downloaded!!

vijkris

Learner and Follower
I want to run DataDownloader. So want to know if code is available.

I need only NIFTY and BANKNIFTY for amibroker and I am doing it manually
I also want datadownloader.. So used some exe editor software hoping that I will find that url.. sadly some weird symbols were there and lot of numbers...

vijkris

Learner and Follower
But are you sure you got the code correctly.
Have never tried editing exe files.. first time tried.. failed miserably..:)
there are many exe editors available in net.. maybe have to try with some other software..
this downloader is not based on DOS system, i think..

okabira

1. know the compiler . i.e which program was used c , c++ .. i am sure its not java.
2. pl. read terms and conditions before decompilation from original author.
3. de-compile the .exe to get Source code. GET ready to spend ages converting binaries if using other compilers
4. edit fetching url from

https://www.google.com/finance/getprices?p=15d&i=60&f=d,o,h,l,c,v&q=ITC

to this

https://finance.google.com/finance/getprices?p=15d&i=60&f=d,o,h,l,c,v&q=ITC

5. compile again
6. get exe , get data

7. OR SOME NOBLE GUY MAY CONTACT MR JOYDEEP MITRA JI TO EDIT IT , will take couple of minutes probably.

ps. i am not a programmer.

Thanks

carnot11

Hello All,

We all are facing issues with Data Downloader.

I have sent a mail to Mr. Joy (owner of Data Downloader / Volume Digger ) regarding updating / revising Data Downloader, but so far he has not replied in the positive.

Mr. Joy is now working with utility known as ArthaChitra. He can be reached at Inditraders.com, where I have put up a request for editing / updating Data Downloader. If you are interested in getting the updated Data Downloader, please support my request at the following link -

http://www.inditraders.com/arthachitra/10085-arthachitra-42.html#post234574

Moderators - Please I am not affiliated to any website / trading community and am not promoting any website. I am only interested in the good will of the Indian trading community. We (members of Traderji.com, Inditraders.com and other websites) are facing a genuine problem with a utility developed by Mr. Joy - who happens to be available at the website Inditraders.com - hence the above post. If you feel this post is inappropriate, please delete it.

BRgds,
CArnot
[email protected]

Thanks okabira bro
Thanks Carnott bro, I saw your post in other forum, sometime back

It seem Joy da is not willing to edit, Data Downloader.
So someone among us has to find a solution for it.

okabira

The problem is not very big ... we just need to edit finance in the code and compile again..and get .exe
may be Josh1 JI could help ..

i am still using RTD 1.40 and running smoothly ever since.
or someone who has build any software and is active could....

we duly need to up this software in this month itself ... next month we already have tons of holidays with extra Saturdays and sundays.
SAD

cloudTrader

The problem is not very big ... we just need to edit finance in the code and compile again..and get .exe
may be Josh1 JI could help ..

i am still using RTD 1.40 and running smoothly ever since.
or someone who has build any software and is active could....

we duly need to up this software in this month itself ... next month we already have tons of holidays with extra Saturdays and sundays.
SAD
Right , if more than 15 days pass by then the historic data will get meaningless as gaps of data will occur. This is really serious issue and I am also searching for some alternative as soon as possible but till now no success.