Google Finance Intraday data not getting downloaded!!

धन्यवाद भाई, नये url के लिए । बराबर चलता है । बॅकफिल के लिए परफेक्ट है । रियलटाईम टीक डेटा का url बिलकूल बंद हो गया है । जब चलता था तब गूगल की तरफ से वॉर्निन्ग मिलती थी की आप मशीन का युज करते हो । और बाद में बो हमारा IP adress ही ब्लॉक कर देते थे ।
आनेवाले समय में फ्रीडेटा मिलना मुश्किल होगा, सब को पैसे चाहिए ।

http://finance.google.com/finance/getprices?x=NSE&q=ACC&i=60&p=60d&f=d,c,o,h,l

This is the proper url. The one above gives 2 errors. First you'll notice that when change the scrip you'll get straight away quote for a time period: 86400

but using the above you'll get it down to the minute.

second, x = exchange. Without that quotes like ACC will give the corresponding Nasdaq or NYSE quotes. Try this link. I broker my head over it till I realised that google had edited their google finance docs page to reflect this

Hello All,

Good day.

I too am effected by the change in URL of google finance, like many others who are frequently visiting this very useful website "Traderji.com". Both Data Downloader and Amiquote (3.12) are not working because of the change in URL by google finance.

The new utility (Arthachitra) developed by Mr. Joy (owner of Volume Digger / Data Downloader) was facing problems because of this sudden change by google finance in their URL.

However, the latest Amiquote (3.25) this problem has been solved by the owner - using the new URL of google finance.
Even Mr. Joy has solved the problem faced by their utility (Arthachitra) by using the new URL.

However my request to amend Data Downloader with the new URL has been rejected by Mr. Joy (Owner of Data Downloade / Volume Digger) now called as support team for Arthachitra.

Arthachitra is very good and every one should try it out at least once. ( I have no alliance with Arthachitra and I recommend only for the benefit of the trading community.)

The change by google is very minor, instead of google.com it is now using finance.google.com.

If some noble soul at Traderji.com should use the below information and amend Data Downloader and share it with all for the benefit of the Indian Trading community, it will truly be appreciated by all those effected by the sudden change carried out by google finance.

Below is the new URL used by Google finance - it gives 60 sec (1min) data for the last 2 trading days -

BRgds,
CArnot

Use this link. It will give the proper quotes for tickers like ACC etc which have similar symbols on different exchanges.

http://finance.google.com/finance/getprices?x=NSE&q=ACC&i=60&p=60d&f=d,c,o,h,l

ajeetsingh

How would you rate the service, as a long term user can summarise it better than a Trial ..
Thanks.
I subscribed to them on 15th of Sept Only
when my backfill utility stopped downloading data from google
Honest Review:
  • What I need, is satisfied by tickbytick only, thats why subscribed
    Like I want data for all FnO stocks in cash and only tickbytick supports scan function
    We can download data for all stocks by selecting in their software
    Unlike in rtsdata, when you type in symbol in amibroker, data downloads and stays 1 symbol per chart in ami
    so if I have 10 charts then i was able to scan only 10 symbols
  • Minimum tick is of 1 minute and many ticks are skipped if you download for more than 1 day
    but as I download daily and that too of 1 day so No prob for me
  • For some symbols, many times data is available for 1 day only like Ramcocem or Jetairways
    As I need data for prev day only so again prob is overcomed.
  • Customer care is So-So
  • Till now I haven't used live data as for that I use to map my Now account with ami via excel

See Bro, if others are not providing scan then whatever drawbacks are in tickbytick, I have to subscribe them only
    as others are of No use to me.

** Correction: Customer care said that prob of data not downloading for more than 1 day is temporary and specially for New symbols added.
    I will check for jetairways again tonight

Last edited:

RockyRobust

I subscribed to them on 15th of Sept Only
when my backfill utility stopped downloading data from google
Honest Review:
  • What I need, is satisfied by tickbytick only, thats why subscribed
    Like I want data for all FnO stocks in cash and only tickbytick supports scan function
    We can download data for all stocks by selecting in their software
    Unlike in rtsdata, when you type in symbol in amibroker, data downloads and stays 1 symbol per chart in ami
    so if I have 10 charts then i was able to scan only 10 symbols
  • Minimum tick is of 1 minute and many ticks are skipped if you download for more than 1 day
    but as I download daily and that too of 1 day so No prob for me
  • For some symbols, many times data is available for 1 day only like Ramcocem or Jetairways
    As I need data for prev day only so again prob is overcomed.
  • Customer care is So-So
  • Till now I haven't used live data as for that I use to map my Now account with ami via excel

See Bro, if others are not providing scan then whatever drawbacks are in tickbytick, I have to subscribe them only
    as others are of No use to me.

** Correction: Customer care said that prob of data not downloading for more than 1 day is temporary and specially for New symbols added.
    I will check for jetairways again tonight
Thanks bro for the detailed review which cleared many things for me. I too wanted just the backfill function as of now and for RT data I am using Josh1 utility. Backfill through NEST 3.13 is faulty and therefore I was in search of a service. After your review I may be opting for tickbytick.