GoodNews for Options traders.

swagat,
i am also very keen on the matter, but there is lack of transparency in the fact that stt calculation logically should be based on premium.
Expecting some circular on this regard or
someone please call them for clarification.

Dont know,when the babus will wake-up to our call!
Rajib.
Thanks frnd

I don't think big brokerage houses are taking SEBI seriously, Because Kotaksecurities is still charging brokerage on total turnover for Options.

In past Indiabulls, HDFCSEC, Karvy all these brokers were part of the Fake Demat account scam, So It is not that hard to believe that SEBI is always lagging in taking actions. They are like Moving averages, Always lagging in giving signals :)

regards
neo

Even Sha**Kh** has not switched to new brokerage. Their system is unreliable and expensive for options.Planning to switch to some other broking house.
I have been contacted by religare. Could someone please share their experience on religare ??
Thanks a lot
krishna

HDFC has also started charging as per new structure. i.e 1 percent of premium or Rs.100 whichever is higher.

Last edited:
I got a message from Indiabulls as:
With reference to the circular no. NSEIL/LEGAL/8319/2007 dated 2nd January 2007 issued by NSE, please note that with effect from Monday, January 22, 2007, brokerage on options contracts will be calculated at the rate of 2.5% of the premium amount or Rs 100/- whichever is higher