General Trading Chat

sridhga

bpr

Dr. Jan Itor

RBI refuses extension to Yes Bank. RK tenure ends January.
And decent in-line results from RIL. Plus acquisition for Jio broadband officially announced. Btw how is the broadband? Anybody first hand experience?

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
I somehow knew in morning when banknifty opened gap-up that it will go down -200 points. I sold BNF without any stoploss (@ 25,811.65 ) but panicked with first green shoot and closed position with just expenses covered.

I'm new to trading and had been long term investor earlier on. I need to learn to control fear (and greed) if I have to keep doing day trading. I was kicking myself later in day looking at my hypothetical loss of 25k profit from just one bnf lot!

TraderRavi

low risk profile
I somehow knew in morning when banknifty opened gap-up that it will go down -200 points. I sold BNF without any stoploss (@ 25,811.65 ) but panicked with first green shoot and closed position with just expenses covered.

I'm new to trading and had been long term investor earlier on. I need to learn to control fear (and greed) if I have to keep doing day trading. I was kicking myself later in day looking at my hypothetical loss of 25k profit from just one bnf lot!
fear and greed will never go away.
fear : to enter in a possible trade or price movement againt your position
greed : after good price movement in the direction of your position

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer

Even if you have some higher power and know the future 1000%. Dont get into a trade without a stop loss(Volatility stop,% stop or time stop). It is a cardinal sin. When you got out at the first sign of green means you fear loss.which in turn means you are not ready to accept a loss. Acceptance of a loss is the most important psychological aspect of trading. When you put a stop loss it means atleast that much you are ready accept. When you are wrong on a trade it does not reflect on you.It just is a trade you took based in probabilities.Just move on to the the next one without fear or regrets that I could have gotten so much. Fear and Greed are the life blood of the market.You cant get rid of them they are here to stay at varying degrees.
Either you succumb to them or use others to your advantage.

lemondew

Hi st and others,

Sorry for the late reply. It took me a while to have a look at data. Observed large S & P movement generally causes gaps in nifty.

Just saw quick reversal entry and holding overnight has been working with no problems for last 3 years. This is only for my system and a lot of other rules incorporated..
The system slightly improves if we avoid taking overnight positions (long) after extreme downmoves of over 10 % from top and (short) after extreme upmoves of over 10 % from bottom.

Now I tried to run my system in 2008 and found it extremely difficult to run it. What would be a good way to trade 2008 especially during months like Jan feb march 2008. I am generally a swing trader.

Catching reversal is different than trading erratic markets....even in reversal we keep positions only when the market shows strength ......

ST
ST sir
#Not carrying overnight position, can we objectively define an India VIX volatility level which when present one should avoid carrying overnight positions.

Vivek
Hi
query from all experienced traders..Bnf is very volatile in this month.
Is BNF trading giving problems only to me or others are also suffering? I am purely intraday traders.
BNF'S daily ATR has already increased..its swinging 200-500 points easily..& even small pubacks are 100 points & deep pullbacks are 200 -300 points.
Even IF direction is Right, SL should be very wide,...But even if we keep SL VERY WIDE, then also see the todays swing of 25450 to 25200 & then again up..how can we trade this kind of market?
Shall I stay away from this market for some time as its lowering my morale? Or Do you thing we can trade it?
thanks

Last edited:

lemondew

Specifically if we are looking at period 21 jan 2008 to march 24 2008. What would be a way to trade.

2008.jpg

Catching reversal is different than trading erratic markets....even in reversal we keep positions only when the market shows strength ......

ST

Last edited: