General Trading Chat

What exactly are "Ultra Short Term" bonds ? How long can/should one hold them ?
These are debt funds with no entry and exit load so one can enter today and exit any time ( even the next day ,few people invest on Friday and liquidate on Monday ) These make 7-8 % returns in a year.So as long as you park your funds in them it earns returns and when the investment opportunity comes, these can be switched or redeemed and we get the money in one day...these funds invest in short term maturing debts and bonds so the effect of any interest rate fluctuations are minimal.

Smart_trade

Last edited:

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
With DSP Blackrock mutual fund dumping DHFL paper at steep discount I suggest you wait till dust settles down in liquid and bond funds too....

I find that short term bond funds I have invested are not affected in Friday carnage.I suggest the following short term funds :

1) Franklin India Ultra Short Bond Fund Super institutional plan Direct growth.
2) Reliance Ultra Short Duration Fund Direct Growth.

You may study and consider other funds for short term parking of your funds.

Smart_trade
Franklin India Ultra Short Bond Fund Super institutional plan Direct growth.
This one is my favorite parking spot. I use it all the time and found it good.

Other than liquidity, how are they different from FDs?

Vivek
No fixed tenure and if one invests for more than 3 years then the gains are LT capital gains with indexation benefits so better than bank FD.....Mutual funds are much better regulated than banks ,no NPAs and hence default risk is negligible.You can even distribute large amount in many such funds to reduce the risk even further.

ST

Last edited:
No fixed tenure and if one invests for more than 3 years then the gains are LT capital gains with indexation benefits so better than bank FD.....Mutual funds are much better regulated than banks ,no NPAs and hence default risk is negligible.You can even distribute large amount in many such funds to reduce the risk even further.

ST
Hi St SIR
Whats the risk of investings in those funds?
where do fund invest our money?
what is tax libaility on returns of those funds?
thanks

St Sir
I would like to ask something about Friday market.
Few monthes back you said "when any market swings 800 points up & down within few minutes .its no trend, its just crazy volatility"..I have quote this in my trading diary.I follow your advice regarding intraday trading religiously.So, I didnt participate in Friday market trading.
So, was Friday market same as you told crazy volatility or Should have been traded that market?
Thanks

hi
Does anyone have PCR intraday chart on 21st sep 2018.thanks