General Trading Chat

In my view Friday’s fall was triggered by people dumping all NBFC stocks just because one of them had liquidity issues...all NBFCs and housing finance companies are not having liquidity problems.Forced liquidation due to margin calls, increased F & O margins,Yes bank problem also magnified the intensity of the fall.The lower levels were rejected quickly and the market recovered.We may see slow sell off again but everything is not bad with our markets.I bought my favourite stocks on Friday at attractive levels and I feel happy about it....

Smart_trade

Last edited:
My experience with short term liquid funds is very good .I had parked some funds with them so that I can deploy them in correction.I gave redemption request on the internet on 19 th Sept afternoon ,20 th was a Bank holiday and I had the funds deposited in my bank on 21st Friday at 9:00 in the morning....very efficient operation...very speedy also.

Smart_trade

Last edited:

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
In my view Friday’s fall was triggered by people dumping all NBFC stocks just because one of them had liquidity issues...all NBFCs and housing finance companies are not having liquidity problems.Forced liquidation due to margin calls, increased F & O margins,Yes bank problem also magnified the intensity of the fall.The lower levels were rejected quickly and the market recovered.We may see slow sell off again but everything is not bad with our markets.I bought my favourite stocks on Friday at attractive levels and I feel happy about it....

Smart_trade
Was missing you in the forum that day, was thinking you must be managing your portfolio. I bought some of yesbank that day, also wanted to reenter in Bajaj but recovery was quick, probably will get a near about chance in future. These are the times to buy quality stocks when blood is running on the street (as you say too), good to have liquidity and shopping list ready.

My experience with short term liquid funds is very good .I had parked some funds with them so that I can deploy them in correction.I gave redemption request on the internet on 19 th Sept afternoon ,20 th was a Bank holiday and I had the funds deposited in my bank on 21st Friday at 9:00 in the morning....very efficient operation...very speedy also.

Smart_trade
ST Da,
Can you suggest some liquid funds so that I can keep some extra funds for a shorter period.
Im little scared to enter markets right now!

ST Da,
Can you suggest some liquid funds so that I can keep some extra funds for a shorter period.
Im little scared to enter markets right now!
With DSP Blackrock mutual fund dumping DHFL paper at steep discount I suggest you wait till dust settles down in liquid and bond funds too....

I find that short term bond funds I have invested are not affected in Friday carnage.I suggest the following short term funds :

1) Franklin India Ultra Short Bond Fund Super institutional plan Direct growth.
2) Reliance Ultra Short Duration Fund Direct Growth.

You may study and consider other funds for short term parking of your funds.

Smart_trade

Last edited:
With DSP Blackrock mutual fund dumping DHFL paper at steep discount I suggest you wait till dust settles down in liquid and bond funds too....

I find that short term bond funds I have invested are not affected in Friday carnage.I suggest the following short term funds :

1) Franklin India Ultra Short Bond Fund Super institutional plan Direct growth.
2) Reliance Ultra Short Duration Fund Direct Growth.

You may study and consider other funds for short term parking of your funds.

Smart_trade
What exactly are "Ultra Short Term" bonds ? How long can/should one hold them ?