General Trading Chat

lemondew

Ed seyokta says cut your losses short and you might succeed. I saw drawdowns madan had. He has taught me gr8deal for free. In all these things there is a mystery that i face " will i be profitable by the end of year".
The answer i satisfied myself is to let it be a mystery till the end of year. I really failed to find that out in advance.

Thanks, this is the one of the best and precise video about trading. Exactly matching with my real life trading experiences.

*********** most important to note here **************

The FIRST POINT (the most important point) he said is,
'RIDE YOUR WINNERS' => What I always say, it is the few JACKPOT TRADES which actually make difference in the ledgers. The survival key in the long run.

The SECOND POINT is 'CUT YOUR LOSSES' which is must but not sufficient for survival in the long run without the first point (the real edge of a trading system is to catch the JACKPOT TRADES whenever possible).

The 3RD POINT he said 'MANAGE YOUR RISK'. 4TH 'USE STOPS'. 5TH 'STICK TO SYSTEM'

Unfortunately, most of the traders missed the most important FIRST point while designing a system or developing a method that's why they lose the edge in the long run... expectancy drops heavily without the most important FIRST POINT...'RIDE YOUR WINNERS'.

Follow, Ed Seykota, one of the original market wizards. Note down the points according to priority (in numbering :))
Happy Trading..

ST Sir,

I have read from your past notes - that when one goes long the 20EMA/21EMA should be pointing upward. Is it the direction of 20/21EMA in the trading TF or the direction in higher TF (like 1Hr/4Hr/1day).

Thanks

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
ST Sir,

I have read from your past notes - that when one goes long the 20EMA/21EMA should be pointing upward. Is it the direction of 20/21EMA in the trading TF or the direction in higher TF (like 1Hr/4Hr/1day).

Thanks
It should be synchronous in both, it is said that trading timeframe and higher timeframe considered should be in ratio of 1:6 for example 5min and 30min. The basic premise is to trade the lower timeframe in the direction of higher timeframe, so slopes in both should correspond when trade is taken.
My understanding only.

Vivek

raju.vzm

Hi All, if any one know please clarify me on the below doubt.

In zerodha back office I can see below two types of reports

1) P&L
2) TAX P&L

What is the difference between these two. Which one to consider to file our IT returns?

One difference I can see between these reports of my account is Relaince. I bought some of its shares around 1500rs and sold them at around 800rs(after price adjustment). P&l report shows it as loss, while Tax P&L report shows it as gain by adjusting buy price. As per ST sir suggestion this is one of the way to reduce our taxes. So do we have to consider P&L report itself?

Sent from my CPH1859 using Tapatalk
Any help on this?

Sent from my CPH1859 using Tapatalk

Dalal Street Investment Journal May28 -June 10,2018 issue carried an article by CA Vinay Lunkad giving taxability of bonus shares.It clearly states that the cost of bonus shares is zero and not average cost for IT purpose.

Smart_trade

ST Sir,

Thanks
Trading timeframe.

ST

Zerodha kite is not reliable at all.
During momentum limit orders go pending. So, many traders use the Market Orders for quick entry and exit.
Such False Price on charting terminal can easily harm such traders.

Be careful.
I have to second this. I have been trying to analyze my past trades and what I have observed is that many a times the prices at which orders are executed (especially SL-M exit orders ) are strange. To elaborate, I do not find these prices on either my datafeed or broker platform at the time of execution. I am using Fyers btw. havent used Zerodha in a long time

Last edited:
So as expected this Sentinel is the culprit....Who is give if there is loss happen due to these crazy price where its not a problem from exchange......serious problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!small traders like me might washed away from trading itself ...need to complain about it all exhanges and SEBI ....
you cannot change world brother..but you can change yourself..