General Trading Chat

VJAY

I think they are making thier own exchange for algo traders which making problems in KITE nse terminal ...they started facility to give algo trading for KITE users recently....:D

raju.vzm

Hi All, if any one know please clarify me on the below doubt.

In zerodha back office I can see below two types of reports

1) P&L
2) TAX P&L

What is the difference between these two. Which one to consider to file our IT returns?

One difference I can see between these reports of my account is Relaince. I bought some of its shares around 1500rs and sold them at around 800rs(after price adjustment). P&l report shows it as loss, while Tax P&L report shows it as gain by adjusting buy price. As per ST sir suggestion this is one of the way to reduce our taxes. So do we have to consider P&L report itself?

Sent from my CPH1859 using Tapatalk

Riskyman

This crazy price dance actually happened , which has been reflected in my Sentinel alert , look at the price and time of Maruti triggered.
What is this Zerodha!!!
Also, Tata Motors was trading at 412 and Nifty was down 6.9% :)
It was all over the place with 0dha.

VJAY

This crazy price dance actually happened , which has been reflected in my Sentinel alert , look at the price and time of Maruti triggered.
What is this Zerodha!!!
So as expected this Sentinel is the culprit....Who is give if there is loss happen due to these crazy price where its not a problem from exchange......serious problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!small traders like me might washed away from trading itself ...need to complain about it all exhanges and SEBI ....

travi

So as expected this Sentinel is the culprit....Who is give if there is loss happen due to these crazy price where its not a problem from exchange......serious problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!small traders like me might washed away from trading itself ...need to complain about it all exhanges and SEBI ....
I think the SL or any order for that matter will be queued in the servers of the exchange and not in any brokers server.
If any erratic price broadcast occurs at Broker Level, it will trigger or cause chaos in all its related applications like Sentinel etc
but the actual order in Exchange wouldn't be affected. A valid tick at Exchange level is required to complete the order.

Just a few days ago i posted in reply to ST Sirs question regarding Zerodha streak and I feel the worst is yet to come.
When one platform isn't stable and they're overloading it with various other apps on top of it, its really going to be troublesome for a lot of people.

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Zerodha kite is not reliable at all.
During momentum limit orders go pending. So, many traders use the Market Orders for quick entry and exit.
Such False Price on charting terminal can easily harm such traders.

Be careful.

Last edited:

ncube

Attached below is the output from the sentiment filter algorithm that I have coded, it can be any such filter that is based on the concept of sentiment and the results would not be much different.

Last 2 year sentiment:
View attachment 26483
We can see that small & midcap stocks were the first to start its downtrend right at around 15-01-2018 much before Nifty index reflected the change. Again there was a brief change in sentiment starting at 27-03-2018 lasting for about a month till 20-04-2018

Last 50 Days sentiment: (As of 06/07/2018)
View attachment 26482

Even though Nifty Index trend is not clear, the sentiment trend is clearly down starting from 14-06-2018. Last couple of days the sentiment is neutral for Nifty,Largecap & Midcap which can form a bottom, but there is no bottom yet for small caps.

I have started rotating my funds in different segment stocks based on this filter as it gives my some rough guidance on which segment stocks to give higher priority and how much weightage I can give them. I plan to enter the market when the segment sentiment trend is moving up and comeout when it starts to go down.
Looks like some interest returning to smallcaps..:)
09-07-2018.png

Top 10 Small cap stocks in the list generated : (I plan to start testing the waters with small quantity based on my predefined buy rules)
1531145133438.png

Please note these are not stock recommendations, I have my own well defined rules on entering and exiting trades, I have just mentioned the list to demonstrate how one can systematically identify strong stocks in each segment.

PS Mods: Please delete the post if it violates any forum rules.