General Trading Chat

Sir,
I understood the timing to book profits, but how do you decide when to reenter?
The correction can be anything from a retracement to 20ema on daily to a setup or a buy CD. I am always afraid to exit positions in core portfolio stocks, fearing that I may miss the bus.
Consider that we are in election year and the economic growth is yet to be seen very strongly. FIIs are in no mood to commit large money yet...So the stocks will correct. Bajaj Finance I propose to hold for next 5 years but when it is at CD13,it means that the stock price is extended.So I will book profits...I am expecting to buy it around 1900-1950 for a long term hold.I feel there are 70-75 % chances that I will get the price I am looking for...else I will have to buy at higher prices...but every time it extends and I make 5-10 % ,it adds to my overall returns.....just 3-4 days back I had bought it at 1955-75 range.....I dont think we are still in a runaway market so corrections will come giving us chance to buy.

I bought RIL at about 900-920 and now selling it to take some profits home....it will correct...if it does not correct,I booked my profits...

Smart_trade

For a share which is a long term hold and you booked profits in it, how much correction it will give is a matter of judgement. If it corrects from 2200 then 1900-1950 possible on a bad market day....if it corrects from 2400 then it may not go below 2100......my target this year was 2200 and it is achieved. Never feel bad in booking profits and putting money in the pocket....we may get nifty 10200 again and Bajaj Finance will also correct when everything else corrects.

ST

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
For a share which is a long term hold and you booked profits in it, how much correction it will give is a matter of judgement. If it corrects from 2200 then 1900-1950 possible on a bad market day....if it corrects from 2400 then it may not go below 2100......my target this year was 2200 and it is achieved. Never feel bad in booking profits and putting money in the pocket....we may get nifty 10200 again and Bajaj Finance will also correct when everything else corrects.

ST
Sir,
As it turns out, the second biggest constituent of my portfolio, Dmart, has completed sell combo13 today (just counted now).

Sir,
As it turns out, the second biggest constituent of my portfolio, Dmart, has completed sell combo13 today (just counted now).
I booked profits in DMart also today......next target Rs 2000 but will get a few corrections before that.

Smart_trade

Sir,
So it's better to book at 13, rather than waiting for a downclose (to find out it's playing out or not)?
I am not trading in this counter...I am booking profits on my investment positions .So if it goes up, I still have lots of DMart to sell more....so I will book out when everyone else is gung ho and buying......will buy when everyone else is scared and starts talking about bear market......corrections will come...just 3 days back all were scared and talking of no return in this year...we will be ready to buy happily when others are selling with fear.

ST

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Sir,
So it's better to book at 13, rather than waiting for a downclose (to find out it's playing out or not)?
I am not trading in this counter...I am booking profits on my investment positions .So if it goes up, I still have lots of DMart to sell more....so I will book out when everyone else is gung ho and buying......will buy when everyone else is scared and starts talking about bear market......corrections will come...just 3 days back all were scared and talking of no return in this year...we will be ready to buy happily when others are selling with fear.

ST
That's the institutional way of trading and investing and I like it.....
Pleasure to learn.
Thanks

Vivek

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Sir,
I understood the timing to book profits, but how do you decide when to reenter?
The correction can be anything from a retracement to 20ema on daily to a setup or a buy CD. I am always afraid to exit positions in core portfolio stocks, fearing that I may miss the bus.
Consider that we are in election year and the economic growth is yet to be seen very strongly. FIIs are in no mood to commit large money yet...So the stocks will correct. Bajaj Finance I propose to hold for next 5 years but when it is at CD13,it means that the stock price is extended.So I will book profits...I am expecting to buy it around 1900-1950 for a long term hold.I feel there are 70-75 % chances that I will get the price I am looking for...else I will have to buy at higher prices...but every time it extends and I make 5-10 % ,it adds to my overall returns.....just 3-4 days back I had bought it at 1955-75 range.....I dont think we are still in a runaway market so corrections will come giving us chance to buy.

I bought RIL at about 900-920 and now selling it to take some profits home....it will correct...if it does not correct,I booked my profits...

Smart_trade
Yes sir. RIL. Jumped up from power of 9 and today completed sell setup. Perfect entry and exit.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Sir,

ST
That's the institutional way of trading and investing and I like it.....
Pleasure to learn.
Thanks

Vivek
Could not come at a right time.

1528523341331.png

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited: