General Trading Chat

vikas2131

Most people (experts and novices like me, both) believe that the bottom has arrived. I feel that we might at least see a time correction and there's no hurry to re-enter. But with this, there is the risk of missing out. FoMO.
bottoms ( short term ones mostly) end in a climactic /capitulation type move.... never in a whimper usually... look for a crazy sharp fall and fast recovery till end of day...and then a huge gap up. lets see if we get that!

Real long term bottom happens when mkt has fallen a lot and consolidated for many quarters, nobody is interested anymore, the staunchest of bulls are skeptical... so we may get a short term bottom anytime but a long term bottom is nowhere in sight

okabira

dont know if bottom has been made or not .. but in DAILY chart
Nifty not picking up on volume for upside..

better to wait for 100-150 + point move in NIFTY then judge bottom..

okabira

India Allocates $1.5 Billion for 'Modicare' Health Insurance

------------------

Dont think that this scheme would be free from scams and frauds... give it time to get ripe

ST Sir and other Seniors,
Can you people give some pointers how do we identify if the day is a trend day. I mostly get out on fixed target to realize later that it was a trending day and waiting with the position on could have made more money instead of early exit. I know we cannot predict the day before market starts. But as the market unfolds, is there any clue that can help in identifying if its a trending day.
Thanks !

Can you people give some pointers how do we identify if the day is a trend day. I mostly get out on fixed target to realize later that it was a trending day and waiting with the position on could have made more money instead of early exit. I know we cannot predict the day before market starts. But as the market unfolds, is there any clue that can help in identifying if its a trending day.
Thanks !
Oh.. this was discussed somewhere in the forum and explained by ST... will try to find it. Maybe I will, or if someone remembers it, please post it. Something about P1, P2 bars or something.

Edit : Meanwhile, please check the results of this search.

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=s...69i57j69i58.6135j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thanks !
I had posted this a few times in our forum....this is a year 2010 post, still holds good...copy pasting the old post below :

HOW TO IDENTIFY A STRONG TRENDING DAY

I had posted silmilar post earlier, just reproducing the same here....

Nobody can identify a strong trending day before the day starts...but as the day's market action progresses, it can be identified with fair accuracy. Some of the tell-a-tale signs of strong up trending day are as under : Mirror image for down trending day.

1) Strong up day starts near the bottom of the day's range and closes near the top of the range both within bottom/top 20%. This means that the market does not retrace much after opening and quickly gets down to its business.

2) Strong up days are made of 1-2 Wide Range Bars ( WRBs)with large volumes.

3) In up trending day the rallies will be have more volumes than declining bars.

4) In uptrending day, there are no frequent reversals.

5) Market overall is strong and broadbased meaning there is strong move in many stocks/indices.

6) In uptrend day market does not retrace much....retracements are small and market gains the retraced ground fast.It is my thumb rule that if the market in-between retraces more than 25 points in Nifty Futures from its intraday top,chances of strong up day are remote.

7) In strong up day market gallops after 2:00 -2:30....and rises very fast from 2:45 to 3:10....and may retrace some ground gained afterwards.

We daytraders must have some large trend days on our side ,where holding till end and adding on every dip is all we need to do , to keep us on winning side.

Best wishes,

Smart_trade

Last edited:
Oh.. this was discussed somewhere in the forum and explained by ST... will try to find it. Maybe I will, or if someone remembers it, please post it. Something about P1, P2 bars or something.

Edit : Meanwhile, please check the results of this search.

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=site:traderji.com+"trend+day"&oq=site:traderji.com+"trend+day"&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.6135j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Thanks TP bro ! Never knew that we can google that way also. Good learning today.