General Trading Chat

This would have been an open and shut case at IGRP if no orders were going through.

But Zerodha will argue pretty hard that orders were going through and the client could have stemmed his losses by hedging his short position after noticing the technical error and thus are liable only to an extent.

This would have been an open and shut case at IGRP if no orders were going through.

But Zerodha will argue pretty hard that orders were going through and the client could have stemmed his losses by hedging his short position after noticing the technical error and thus are liable only to an extent.
That would mean admitting some responsibility. But nothing could have been done when the SL orders were not generated and the target orders not modifiable.

What the client can once their tech fails is not something they can argue about or rest their case on

What the client can once their tech fails is not something they can argue about or rest their case on
I am relying on the last case when the IGRP awarded only half the amount based on the fact that the client could have taken action. Or maybe the client himself claimed only a part of his losses (perhaps after being advised) at the second hearing.

In any case, it's best to know what recourse your opponent has.

lemondew

Never knew you were also struggling at some point of time. Actually some things are not in our hands and hence its best to never have a position that can wipe off a trader.
I often thought intraday is safe and its the swing who is always in danger. But then now.....

So making money over a period with a number of trades and moderate position size should be the answer.

All of us have suffered such losses due to software failure....such losses are bad enough, the worst feeling is feeling of helplessness and no control on the mounting losses. We save every rupee by tight risk control and such losses hit us very badly.

Thank God that the loss is defined and in this case is not a cripling loss.....I am sure TP will come out of it soon. I have had few such experiences of cripling losses due to software and system failure and in one case when I was a struggling trader, I had to borrow money to pay for the settlement obligation with all my capital wiped off due to a software snag and the broker refused to pay putting his finger on risk disclosure ducument we all sign...very scary thing to happen.

Smart_trade

Never knew you were also struggling at some point of time. Actually some things are not in our hands and hence its best to never have a position that can wipe off a trader.
I often thought intraday is safe and its the swing who is always in danger. But then now.....

So making money over a period with a number of trades and moderate position size should be the answer.
You know, yesterday OBC opened at 88.25; and I shorted between 90.50-91.50; It reversed and went on to 100+. In normal course, my SL should've hit around 92.

At one point of time, with a capital of 20600, my losses were above Rs. 40000 !!!

Their RMS failed the whole day, not only the BO.

Raj232

You know, yesterday OBC opened at 88.25; and I shorted between 90.50-91.50; It reversed and went on to 100+. In normal course, my SL should've hit around 92.
At one point of time, with a capital of 20600, my losses were above Rs. 40000 !!!
Their RMS failed the whole day, not only the BO.
Take it or leave it, this is not your fault and the broker cannot be running a business and making money without providing a proper service. In case of deficiency of service, technical snag at their end they should compensate. If the snag was at NSE end, then NSE will compensate.
Or else the 120 Crores net profit should be distributed to the clients as clients are bearing the losses due to technical snags, then why does the profit accrue to Zerodha ?