General Trading Chat

wisp

what about people who dont have applied for adhaar till now ??
There is no one to question this government, this is why absolute majority is never good for any democracy, not just in India, anywhere.

If we want a single group to make decisions, then might as well go for monarchy or tyranny or dictatorship :D

what made you write puts Da and when did you write?
In June series I earlier had written 9100 and 9200 puts( these were written in May I think) ....but when they lost their value, then at 9600 I was still bullish so I covered 9100 and 9200 puts and wrote 9400 puts ...

In July series I am short 9200 puts....I am expecting a correction but not expecting 9200 to break.

My option writing is based on whether I am bullish or bearish and how far the up and down moves can extend in my view ....I dont see volatility,option greeks,,,because I dont understand them.

Smart_trade

SEBI reviewing equity derivatives rules; wants to deter retail investors in F&O

SEBI is set to come out with a discussion paper on revising regulations for the equity derivatives segment.

Capital and commodities market regulator SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) is set to come out with a discussion paper on revising regulations for the equity derivatives (futures and options) segment. Among other proposals, the regulator may propose doubling the lot size for a contract to Rs 10 lakh from Rs 5 lakh currently. The idea behind this is to make futures and options unattractive to retail investors, who do not fully understand the risks associated with them.

The broader objective is to encourage retail investors to invest in shares rather than make speculative bets.

After the recent board meeting, SEBI Chairman Ajay Tyagi said the regulator wanted to review the derivatives market framework and introduce suitable products for investors in line with global best practices.

“Our investor survey found that retail investors are not aware of the risk component of the derivatives market; some thought derivatives are safer than bonds,” he had said

Read more at
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...-to-deter-retail-investors-in-fo-2314013.html

SEBI wants HNI / FII to earn more. :D

vikas2131

SEBI reviewing equity derivatives rules; wants to deter retail investors in F&O

SEBI is set to come out with a discussion paper on revising regulations for the equity derivatives segment.

Capital and commodities market regulator SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) is set to come out with a discussion paper on revising regulations for the equity derivatives (futures and options) segment. Among other proposals, the regulator may propose doubling the lot size for a contract to Rs 10 lakh from Rs 5 lakh currently. The idea behind this is to make futures and options unattractive to retail investors, who do not fully understand the risks associated with them.

The broader objective is to encourage retail investors to invest in shares rather than make speculative bets.

After the recent board meeting, SEBI Chairman Ajay Tyagi said the regulator wanted to review the derivatives market framework and introduce suitable products for investors in line with global best practices.

“Our investor survey found that retail investors are not aware of the risk component of the derivatives market; some thought derivatives are safer than bonds,” he had said

Read more at
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...-to-deter-retail-investors-in-fo-2314013.html

SEBI wants HNI / FII to earn more. :D
Sick and tired of constant interference of govt in personal sphere.

most of the stock futures are already close to 10 lakhs.. everyone will shift to options...nonetheless just discussing
All will shift to options ,their turnover because the way option turnover is calculated will be high....profits may or may not be high ...so need for Audit for more traders.

Smart_trade